Bonedancer pet pathing issue fix ideas

edited February 2019 in General Board
Option 1- get rid of the commander and allow the bd to cast the secondary pets like a theurgist. Allow a special buff per line at lvls 10,25 and 40 that buff bd and pets. Darkness buff , more DPS ....suppression , more abs.... army has reflection return budf

Option 2 - keep pets the same but allow the bd to chamber the pets. Thus holding the pets in a bolt spell. 2sec cast will launch this bolt once it hits the target the commander and pets will appear with a 3sec cc immunity. Once the fight is over the bd can chamber them again in 5 sec or they will follow the bd as usual.

Option 3- get rid of the secondary pets and buff the commander with CL15 weapons. Boost their armor/hp and damage due to the 2nd pets loss. Allow the commander to look different depending on tank/caster and 2h/sw shield.

Just some ideas since the pathing is horrible for bd pets. Feel free to add or change.
Post edited by Pleazing on
Asatruar - Ronnie 10 "
Corpseshovel - Oldstanky - Nogvi

The reason people hate to PvP is they are afraid of failure

Comments

• Pet pathing has always been the worst, it’s more or less why I don't play one anymore. Not worth the continuous loop for pet.
  • My pets plot during the night to get me killed by pulling mobs, running thru walls, not attacking other players, attacking my group members and making faces at me. I have to be really harsh with them.
    ulyhmj6ge9ca.jpg
    Bumblebunny to the rescue !
  • I always thought the easiest fix would be to have a "pet recall" spell. 2 second cast and it recalls the pets to the player. Put on a 2min RU timer. Problem solved
  • 30sec reuse imo!
  • Unless in combat.. lol
  • Don’t feel bad for them tbh 9 sec rear stun OJ commander was live for what two years...
  • I never even considered to play BDs outside PvE, because the pathing on 5 pets is god damn annoying, while not having them is a waste of potential. I would choose Option 1 or 3, but I also like the idea of releasing all pet at once with better heal/dps for like a 10-20sec duration and 1-2min of reuse, so you won't have difficulty trying to carry all with you all the time, and they keep being useful. This would also solve the AFK farming issues at certain places on the long run.
  • Pet Pathing has been horrible forever. I don't see how you could fix it for one class tho without fixing the others. BD's are over the top in group play already you fix their pets and will have to balance them in other ways.
  • BD pets is just more annoying then others because you have to recast 4-5 pets, instead of just one.

Pet pathing is mostly horrible in EV, but then again my computer almost crashes when I enter that zone the first time.

The pet recall while out of combat seems like the best compromise, no RUT on it, need to be out of combat for 30 seconds to use. Basically you just want to avoid the situations where you go through a mile gate and the pet goes on vacations for 2-3 minutes before deciding that he should follow you, along with the "hey let's port KM! Buff pets, stand out the door, move out, and bam they are lost in the waterfall..."
  • If you give BDs pet recall you have to give it to all the other controlled pet classes. Enchanter/Cabby.. the problem you’re identifying doesn’t solely affect bone dancers. It might be tedious for BDs—but that doesn’t mean they should get exclusive access to the mechanic.
  • I agree all would get this, probably a hard mechanic to even add to the game, but would be nice on any and all pet classes
  • @Enersha yeah def a change for all pet classes, not just bd
  • Enersha wrote: »
    If you give BDs pet recall you have to give it to all the other controlled pet classes. Enchanter/Cabby.. the problem you’re identifying doesn’t solely affect bone dancers. It might be tedious for BDs—but that doesn’t mean they should get exclusive access to the mechanic.

No and nope pet classes don't NEED anything shall we remember how OP'd the pet classes where after pet revamp and drove away population? This was on the heels of the stealth revamp patch which also gutted the population as well.
  • What are you talking about fatboi? What we are discussing is an ability to recall your pets when they decide to do their own things because of how **** pet pathing is in this game.

Adjust it so that it isn’t an unfair advantage.
  • If any "fixes" come to pet classes I would like to see them unable to attack through structures. Follow you through doors. Catch up and break your speed at 10k units. Pop Stealthers. Etc.
  • Gator don’t like pets
  • Buff enchanters imo
  • edited March 2019 PM
    [removed]
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
  • Yep stay on topic @Fatboi!!!
  • On topic Pet classes don’t need anything else. I agreed the pathing in the milegates is bad very bad RN
  • What would a smart argument against? Aside from «they don’t need anything »