Cl15

I am working on getting CL15 for my Mauler. I figured when the NF action sucks hard it will give me something to do. I haven't done this since the latest patch and changes to the Supplies for the Cause quest. It is horrible.

I tried doing the usual Emissary questline to get 5-6 CL levels, but it is bugged on Meeting of Blades. So I only got CL 1.2 there.

I tried some other quest lines but they yield almost no CLXP.

I tried the updated Supplies for the Cause quest. Instead of getting 10 items it is now 25 and instead of repair boxes being around the somewhat safe EV docks - they are now in the solo areas. There is pretty much no way to get 25 repair boxes without getting farmed by a soloer. You have to run around a lot. I tried this at 1:30am EST and managed to get 17 boxes before getting ganked by an RR6 Thane.

Oh and I tried task dungeons, but yeah they're closed.

So it looks like I will be killing zillions of mobs to get CL 15, because I'm not going to donate my RPS 50 times just to get it.

This is really not fun. Could we not make the CLXP scrolls tradeable?

Comments

• edited February 2019 PM
    2 docks and three solo areas to get the boxes not optimal but this is what we have for now.

You mean the elite Soloers won’t let a rr2 pass unharmed say it isn’t so...

Also the OW and Curse quest give a lot of champ XP
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • RR2? No, I have zero realm points. :D

I feel like the South Park episode where they had to farm millions of boars to get the Sword of Truth,

Who's running OW/Curse these days? Anybody?
  • Yeah what was wrong with running to the maze, then the ruined keeps? Was it too easy? It was great, solo'ers would try to pick you off but wasnt too bad because of how easy it was, there was always backup somewhere around
  • They removed them from DC/Bled/Beno for some reason and stuck them in the “solo areas’.

Apparently they wanted Kings gear lowbs to get farmed idk
  • I loved the run to the towers quest. It was fun, easy to understand and you occasionally bot to kill someone or a hug from a sneak type. I was never clear why that one was ended. At least you can port there again.

Bumblebunny to the rescue !
    Did boxes for supplies at Trell this morning before running to try and defend Nged this morning. Only saw a RR2 Brit Warder. Let him go as he got close to me and took off in a hurry elsewhere. Took about 20 minutes.
    Post edited by Keltorius on
  • 2 plat boxes drop BP scrolls. Curse raids / OW raids are great for champ xp.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • Keltorius wrote: »
    Did boxes for supplies at Trell this morning before running to try and defend Nged this morning. Only saw a RR2 Brit Warder. Let him go as he got close to me and took off in a hurry elsewhere. Took about 20 minutes.

Sure, I did some on my RR9 champ this morning too and got a bunch of "solo" kills as well. Highest RR I fought was an RR7 Infi.

It's easy on a templated toon, but I think its just stupid that the design of the game is to basically sacrifice low RR toons trying to get CL15 to high RR toons.
  • I think we ALL said this WAS going to happen BEFORE the patch was implemented.
  • Keltorius wrote: »
    I think we ALL said this WAS going to happen BEFORE the patch was implemented.

It's true. I have said it numerous times that they needed to move the boxes to another area so low RR toons trying to get CL exp don't have to deal with solo's farming there. I won't lie, I have killed numerous low RR players in these areas. When I'm trying to get my 5 solo kills I can't be picky. There are times I can go an hour without seeing any solo's to fight. If I see a low RR he's going to die. Now I will admit that I generally won't kill the same low RR toon multiple times because I'm not a complete dick.
  • Sad part that I now just realized, I WOULD HAVE COMPLETED MY SOLO QUEST!!!

He would have been the last kill!! Grrrrr!!
  • Just set your alarm to wake up early like 3am-6am EST and run your box quests freely :P
  • I agree that the boxes should be moved out of the solo areas. The coast where turkey legs and rolling pins were located would be good. It certainly won't stop ganking or griefing but it will make it less convenient.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • I agree that the boxes should be moved out of the solo areas. The coast where turkey legs and rolling pins were located would be good. It certainly won't stop ganking or griefing but it will make it less convenient.

Agreed. My ideas where that they should have brought back the old supply crates and put those in the solo areas, then just move the boxes in the mazes. That way the rubble and boxes are in the same area. The area for the legs/pins would also work.
  • Split them up amongst all three. Also, the incread cost BP wise for champ scrolls I don’t think was needed.
  • Slow the respawn rate as well
  • Yea they doubled the cost of the highest level xp scroll after the BP patch.

Now those 6K bp scrolls at Christmas are worthless
  • what realm are you on ? if on mid, i could take you to poc and just slaughter mobs till CL 15 if you run in EU time.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • And what time might you be in POC ? Asking for a friend of course. Just don't look took closely in the corner for someone hiding :)

hsli1boufixe.jpg
    Bumblebunny to the rescue !
    Siambra wrote: »
    And what time might you be in POC ? Asking for a friend of course. Just don't look took closely in the corner for someone hiding :)

hsli1boufixe.jpg

careful with those ears ... even while you are in cover, they might get blown of by pboae... :p

https://clips.twitch.tv/ResourcefulHelplessButterflyNomNom?fbclid=IwAR2y7au9W2gsDkVfTwxKdH92OQLSwBOWaTJ1IHc0yEFoeViP4RrZTA0GG0U

i don't know what was the funiest, the bomb or the 'on no' comment in the voice channel...

watch me ride in on the horse and bomb :D
    Post edited by Muylae on
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • I hope someone from BS is listening.

CL15 currently requires too much high risk activity in terms of getting farmed in NF.

I personally am struggling to bring new viable toons into NF - both from a template cost and CLXP cost. Even pimped out they are RR2 competing with RR12 often. I am ok with the RR difference, but not willing to PVE to make up the CL difference.
  • It takes about two hours total, if one spot is camped move to the others.

Recent drop of the population it’s basically a non issue.
    Yeah honestly.. This is just complaining to complain. It takes a couple hours at most to farm cl 1-15. You have numerous mazes for rubble and Trelle, Folley, Moy to bounce between for boxes. Get your obelisk buff and port between them with drum speed if someone is around. Mazes are NEVER camped anymore. and you always have the EV option if nothing else works. I couldn't count the amount of toons I have leveled CL in about an hour without any issues. Actually have gotten more kills than I have died to ganks xD
    Post edited by Impounded on
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • Before 1.125 it took a few hours. I did it on my hero and he only got killed a few times by high RR folks camping the EV docks..

So perhaps I was just unlucky that on my first run for repair boxes at 1:30am I got ganked at Trelle. I will do some more runs and see how it goes...

I still think my point is valid. The current design puts low RR folks in a place intended for high RR solo folks for an extended period of time. The outcome is obvious.
  • It definitely made it tougher after the recent patches. If i were to make a new character today, i wouldnt attempt to finish my CL's by quest. I'd patiently wait until i got into an OW run or Cursed run. I'd advise the same to new players if they asked me as well.
    I went to the solo areas sat down on a visible character and watched what would happen with my stealther...Guess what nothing (got bored after 30 mins)

It’s literally deserted for a majority of the times, but I do agree that the boxes make zero sense being there. Move them back into DC/Bled/Beno
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • Due to EV zerging, I logged on my bard, did supplies quest and free sup pot quest(old one I still had) in less than an hour. Died to an Alb 3 man I didn’t see in Hib maze and zephyred a Brit friar at Moy collecting last couple boxes. Pretty dead overall.
  • After running the quest a few times my position is somewhat changed - my initial reaction turned out to be an over-reaction. I now agree with some ot the earlier comments that this is not a major issue.

I had no idea that the quest now paid almost 100k CLXP! So although it is riskier than the old EV dock location, you don't have to run the quest so many times. I ran it last night 3 times between 1am and 3am EST and only got ganked once. So I am ok with this in the sense that I'm not going to get killed 20 times getting CL15. At the rate I'm going I will be killed 3 times to get CL15 - not too bad.

That said, I still think it is not the right approach to force low RR toons to xp in an area designated for soloers who are typically high RR with pimped out gear. Let's consider this thread dead.
  • Quick turn around on moving those boxes @beibhinn feels like bait ha