Is a theurgist called petpooper offensive?

Just got a warning and char renamed that I haven't played in about 3 years. Is poop that offensive? This game has a Teen rating right.. what teenager gets in trouble for saying poop? It's a theurgist who poops out pets, aka a pet pooper.

On a good note bs is doing stuff! Or do you think this was just automated?
  1. Is a theurgist named pet pooper offensive22 votes
    1. Yes
      36.36%
    2. No
      63.64%
Tagged:

Comments

• How does this related to any of these parts?
    Policy: Character and Guild Naming Policy [clauses: 1, 11, 12, 13] (Naming Violation)

Character and Guild Naming Policy
    =================================
    When creating a character or guild name for Dark Age of Camelot, it is encouraged that you select a name that reflects the medieval time period, and the realm that you are located in. The guidelines listed below outline the types of names that you can NOT use, and apply to both first names and surnames, as well as guild names.

1. You may not use any names that violate the General Rules and Guidelines. This includes the use of names that are hateful, defamatory, racist, ethnically offensive, obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, or any other language that is offensive in nature.

2. You may not use names that are harassing or defamatory to other players or employees of Broadsword Online Games.

3. You may not use names of any employee of Broadsword Online Games.

4. You may not use names of copyrighted or trademarked characters, materials or products.

5. You may not use names from popular culture or media.

6. You may not use names that are religiously or historically significant.

7. You may not use proper names of areas within Dark Age of Camelot for character names. Guild names MAY use the proper names of specific areas, to help promote roleplaying and realm pride.

8. You may not use proper names of NPCs within Dark Age of Camelot.

9. You may not use names containing titles or ranks within them.

10. You may not use names that refer to drugs or that are drug related.

11. You may not use names that contain an inappropriate phrase, sentence or any fragment of a sentence.

12. You may not use names where a combination of the first and last names violate any of the above rules.

13. You may not use misspellings or alternative spellings of names that violate any of the above rules.
  • Perhaps someone protested the name ?
    Bumblebunny to the rescue !
  • I really don’t give a poop?
  • Siambra wrote: »
    Perhaps someone protested the name ?

would make sense if I have played this char in the last few years : )

recently returned to the game and have not logged on petpooper, or the warlock bubblepooper who also got renamed (a lock who poops chambers, that was made back when locks came out).
  • Keltorius wrote: »
    I really don’t give a poop?
    I see where you going with that but I used the verb pooping and the correct word for the action to not be offensive (i guess i could have used defecate but i think poop fit the childish name i wanted)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feces
    There are many synonyms in informal registers for feces, just like there are for urine. Many are euphemismistic, colloquial, or both; some are profane (such as ****), whereas most belong chiefly to child-directed speech (such as poo or poop) or to crude humor (such as crap, dump, load and turd.).

I guess we cant have child-directed speech in our names? I thought you had to be 13 to play this game? and its got a Teen rating right?
  • Petloaddropperoffer?

Just having a little bit of immature humor here. lol
  • Also there at atlest 150 chars whos names start with poop but mine is the only ones renamed?

https://search.camelotherald.com/#/search/c/Ywain/Poop
  • Poopedmahpants. Must be allowed as I’ve done that!! lol not my toon tho.

Like previously posted someone probably objected to the name and probably also hates Theurgists. I know I do unless playing one.
  • Considering some of the names I have seen in recent years this surprises me.
  • Nice to see they hiring new csr:s
  • The name was probably changed since it violates rule 1 of the naming policy. When a character name is being changed, the account as a whole gets checked for possible additional violations, which is why names of characters were changed that you had not logged in for a while.

If you feel like this action was an error, you can send an email to dispute@darkageofcamelot.com from the email address associated to your game account with a brief description of the issue, and the action will be reviewed.

If you see a name ingame that you feel is a violation of the naming policy, you can appeal them as a violation report, and it will be investigated!
    DAoC German Community Admin
    Broadsword Online Games

Shileahs Camelot-Kompendium - DAoC-Infos auf Deutsch
    Shileah of House Dara, the First of Her name, the Unressed, Master of Stickloss, Queen of Inc-Screams, Purge-Fails and lost Line of Sight, Breaker of Mezz, Mother of Doggos
  • The name was probably changed since it violates rule 1 of the naming policy. When a character name is being changed, the account as a whole gets checked for possible additional violations, which is why names of characters were changed that you had not logged in for a while.

If you feel like this action was an error, you can send an email to dispute@darkageofcamelot.com from the email address associated to your game account with a brief description of the issue, and the action will be reviewed.

If you see a name ingame that you feel is a violation of the naming policy, you can appeal them as a violation report, and it will be investigated!

population might grow a little if we let people have "poop" in their names...
  • Well It's definitely going to be short 5 account now due to this. Even if the names get fix (I applied as soon as I got the email) because this has caused way to much stess for a game that is dead during the time period my family can play at (1am eastern time).
  • rocketait wrote: »
    Well It's definitely going to be short 5 account now due to this. Even if the names get fix (I applied as soon as I got the email) because this has caused way to much stess for a game that is dead during the time period my family can play at (1am eastern time).

My biggest issue with the name changing that they do it without your knowledge. They don't give you the option to pick a different name before you log in again... Aka 3-4 of my toons have been name nerfed in the past and given absolutely retarded f*cking generated names. This pissed me off. I haven't played these characters since, or even deleted them just because of stupid useless name. I hear that birds let you rename names before playing again. Just what I hear.

Good for you though. Cancel those subs. I must have prepaid a 3 month time card a few months ago and that's the only reason I am still able to comment here I think (I logged in today for the first time in 3 weeks and did 1 run and /lol'd a little at how crappy it was) I love seeing BS doing erroneous things like nerfing names and losing subs because of it when there are far more significant things to be dealt with...
  • If the name of a character was changed by Customer Support, you can open an Emergency Appeal with three naming suggestions, and given they are in accordance with the rules and available, the character will be renamed to one of your suggestions.
    DAoC German Community Admin
    Broadsword Online Games

Shileahs Camelot-Kompendium - DAoC-Infos auf Deutsch
    Shileah of House Dara, the First of Her name, the Unressed, Master of Stickloss, Queen of Inc-Screams, Purge-Fails and lost Line of Sight, Breaker of Mezz, Mother of Doggos
  • Petpooper? What are you 12?
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters