DAoC App?

I am not sure if this has ever been covered but would people be interested in a app for the game? If there was a way to do things like speak in Guild while not ingame, maybe check our CM's and other things. I have no idea how to even start to code it but I think it would be worth to put manpower on to create and maintain. What is your thought whoever is reading this? Bad idea? Good idea?
  1. Would you like to see a new app for DAoC?23 votes
    1. Yes
      26.09%
    2. No
      65.22%
    3. Depends
        8.70%

Comments

• not worth the resources required to be invested in it.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • I agree with @Muylae. It's not worth the resources.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Where are they putting their resources?
  • Enersha wrote: »
    Where are they putting their resources?

Endless Conquest
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
  • At this point I don’t think they have much in terms of resources. How many people really work full time at BS?
  • Although an intriguing idea I voted No - BS needs to focus on other things.
  • While an app would be nice, i do agree now probalby isnt the best time.

However, speaking of app and housing, a little thing i would implement on the servers, which would be ingame was a notice like "you sold something on your house, you now have 40p on your consigment merchant" This would be account wide.
  • Thank you everyone for their input! As I am disappointed people didn't like this idea, I think its very important to share any kind of ideas to help vitalize the game. We shouldn't just let BS come up with all the ideas, then we would be waiting for new things for forever
  • Bloodcore wrote: »
    While an app would be nice, i do agree now probalby isnt the best time.

However, speaking of app and housing, a little thing i would implement on the servers, which would be ingame was a notice like "you sold something on your house, you now have 40p on your consigment merchant" This would be account wide.

I would LOVE this, personally
  • I voted for "Depends" because as many posted, I would be for this but not at the expense of more pressing matters. F2P, fixing bugs, and modifying their system for tracking appeals needs to be their priorities at the moment. If they can do all of that and provide a simple app to do some minor things than sure.
  • Borivik wrote: »
    Bloodcore wrote: »

I think an email notification would be ideal here, so you would get it even if you're not in game. Pretty simple to implement IMO.
  • stewbeedoo wrote: »
    Borivik wrote: »
    Bloodcore wrote: »

I think an email notification would be ideal here, so you would get it even if you're not in game. Pretty simple to implement IMO.

Yea agreed, but then its not a easy implementation, im guessing.

Would settle for the ingame notification tbh.
  • Online access to the cash shop would make things a lot easier and push $
  • I agree with @Muylae. It's not worth the resources.

i dont agree, it can be crowd funded via donations
  • I’ve done enough crowd funding via $30+ a month
  • BurkleyRIP wrote: »
    I’ve done enough crowd funding via $30+ a month

OK, so like $40 a month then.
  • Drakuz wrote: »
    I agree with @Muylae. It's not worth the resources.

i dont agree, it can be crowd funded via donations

Time is a resource that can't be crowd funded in this case unless you're willing to pay for a new employee salary.