today, EU prime time, 2200 CET mid pov

25 people in NF.... no bonus to any realm

and the majority of them in godrborg.

BS expects people to come back to this ? what do people fed up with that other server are going to compel to come back to ywain ? to come back to something there needs to be something compelling to come back to and there is nothing compelling to come back to atm :(

Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.

Comments

• edited February 2019 PM
    having no "come back to Camelot" campaign or 14 day's free after so many days for an inactive account for the past few years I have always thought hurts the overall playerbase. No way for players to come back and test the waters, and now it might be too late all together
    Post edited by Armagedden on
  • the trial account doesnt do anything and that "other server" only has like 200 regular players, i dont know why you guys keep referring to try to attract them back.
  • Perhaps they underestimate the distrust and animosity they have seemingly built in the last few years; that other server may fail or lose interest, but the lack of a compelling draw, as the OP says, will be the deciding factor for many
    anything we say here might be considered dev bashing to some degree ... it is not what i am trying to say.

people left for various reasons.
    people want daoc. as is shown in the population of those various shards at launch. if those shards show 4k+ population at launch it means there IS a market for daoc. that's a good thing.

BUT, do people want the daoc from BS ? poor tech support, few bugs being fixed, cheaters running rampart with no sanctioning.
    how does this appeal to returning players? have any of the issues the players left over have been fixed ? what sort of action do returning players can look forward to ? at the current state, why should anyone return ?

and believe me, i want players to return and i want the action to pick up again.

Post edited by Muylae on
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Do players look at daoc.com and think "what bugs have they fixed? has their tech support gotten better?" no....they come and look at the new EVENTS that are coming out and think, okay ill try that out, and stay or go away after trying it out...
    Borivik wrote: »
    Do players look at daoc.com and think "what bugs have they fixed? has their tech support gotten better?" no....they come and look at the new EVENTS that are coming out and think, okay ill try that out, and stay or go away after trying it out...

what you mean with events ?

people who want old go to freeshards.
    people who are dissatisfied with BS go to freeshards.
    people who want new will go to MJ's new thing.

what does that leave BS with for target audience ?

you think people come here for new quests ? are there other people here left but junkies who are to attached to their characters to give up on them (like me, lol :D )
    Post edited by Muylae on
  • Yeah I don't think you're allowing yourself to see the broader picture here, like when was the last time you actually seen a person use the 14 day free trial to try out the game instead of just abuse it to lvl a character to 50 quick and just play for free? Who do you know actually leaves because of bugs? People whine and bitch but they stay regardless, might be one of many reasons but not solely because of them. The game is too old for new players, they are now used to better graphics and better gameplay for free or less. The community here is toxic as hell! A lot of people who is willing to give you a 100p loan like I have many times but many who bashes on each other just because they played longer or maybe because they don't have as high of RR (although RR is kinda a joke nowadays). When the new campaigns came out, so many people resubbed, why? Because it looked like BS was actually doing what they said they would do and they did and continue to do so. Updates are coming, grab bag is out every week, what else can they do? Much more I agree but no matter how much they do, people will whine and threaten about quitting because they still haven't done what they thought needs to be done, even though they have no idea what running a business is like and trying to keep the servers from shutting down completely..
    a lot of info in th
    Borivik wrote: »
    Yeah I don't think you're allowing yourself to see the broader picture here, like when was the last time you actually seen a person use the 14 day free trial to try out the game instead of just abuse it to lvl a character to 50 quick and just play for free? Who do you know actually leaves because of bugs? People whine and bitch but they stay regardless, might be one of many reasons but not solely because of them. The game is too old for new players, they are now used to better graphics and better gameplay for free or less. The community here is toxic as hell! A lot of people who is willing to give you a 100p loan like I have many times but many who bashes on each other just because they played longer or maybe because they don't have as high of RR (although RR is kinda a joke nowadays). When the new campaigns came out, so many people resubbed, why? Because it looked like BS was actually doing what they said they would do and they did and continue to do so. Updates are coming, grab bag is out every week, what else can they do? Much more I agree but no matter how much they do, people will whine and threaten about quitting because they still haven't done what they thought needs to be done, even though they have no idea what running a business is like and trying to keep the servers from shutting down completely..

a lot of info in that post, so i'll try to break it down a bit, and also it's late here and as usual at this time of day if i post stuff .. i might have had a drink.

14 day free, yes, we might need it, but what will these people come to ? what game will there be for them ?

you have no idea about how many people i know who left over bugs. or over changes that noone asked for and noone wanted.

the game is indeed too old for new players and it's only hope is for attracting old returning players imho.

for the people playing, graphics doesn't matter, half of the people playing i know even play with old models ... sure i want better graphics, but it's not a priority for me.

yes the community is toxic. it's a disaster.

you have any idea how many returning players i have given 50 plat ? not a loan, just giving them 50 plat. you have any idea how many returning players i have given returning players a hours long tuition ?

yes RR is a joke these days. BS has thrown RP at people to compensate for the fact that the action is not there anymore.

people didn't resub for campaigns imho, not at least that i can tell.

.. other stuff

Post edited by Muylae on
  • I never said we as players of the game already dont like the graphics, I keep old graphics on myself as well but kids nowadays that are the primary gamer is not going to come to our old graphics styled game. You literally find tons of games that have more updated graphics, Engines that lets you build, trade and such and their free to play! I was a little overboard about the trial i'll agree. I don't know, I don't know how to help this game anymore without actually owning it...as players we can only whine and talk between ourselves and hope someone overhears.
  • Borivik wrote: »
    the trial account doesnt do anything and that "other server" only has like 200 regular players, i dont know why you guys keep referring to try to attract them back.

DAoC free bird server has 1.5-3k population.
    <Chaos Theory>

Message me for an 8v8 if you wanna try me.
  • Hey Muy...I'm thinking about coming back... give me plats?
  • Borivik wrote: »
    Do players look at daoc.com and think "what bugs have they fixed? has their tech support gotten better?" no....they come and look at the new EVENTS that are coming out and think, okay ill try that out, and stay or go away after trying it out...

Returning players want things fixed, 'new players', well how do you think they are going to feel....

• alot of macro teams on those 14 day free accounts lol