My dude. Ditto.

Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • Better then 100 using 1 mind
  • edited February 2019 PM
    Tired of Cheaters and Cheaters getting away with 0 punishment.
    Tired of all the quests.
    Tired of all the Realm Hoppers. Put a 12hr timer on realm switching.
    Tired of everyone being so templated and have so many heals that it takes 10 minutes to even kill someone, and then get zerged down while you are fighting that 10 minute fight.
    Remove Purchased Buffs and put a proximity on casted buffs. You can still use basic pots.
    No more stealth lore on items or toons that don't stealth. If you want stealth lore group a stealther. Change the dynamic.
    Post edited by Vanzblade on
    Vanzblade wrote: »
    Tired of all the quests.
    Tired of everyone being so templated and have so many heals that it takes 10 minutes to even kill someone, and then get zerged down while you are fighting that 10 minute fight.
    Remove Purchased Buffs and put a proximity on casted buffs. You can still use basic pots.
    No more stealth lore on items or toons that don't stealth. If you want stealth lore group a stealther. Change the dynamic.

I can get behind alot of these ideas.

The cheaters I agree 100% with. Way to easy to cheat on the game. The /appeal system is a joke as there is not enough GM's on to ever do anything even when appealed. I have appealed numerous things in game (bugs/cheats/problems) and I'm lucky if I get a reply within a few days or even a week.

I don't mind the quests. To me, anything that gets more people out into the RvR zones is a good thing. Even if its for BP quests. I get that some people don't want to deal with them, but I think its a good way to encourage people to get out and RvR. I will admit that some of these quests just encourage zerging down any and all action just to obtain the rp's for finishing a quest, but when I played from SI through Catacombs this problem still existed. Some people just like to watch the world burn....

I'm fine w/ a realm timer. I don't switch too often, but I will say that I think 12 hours may be too long. Also, just wanted to note that if they ever put in a realm timer some players will be pretty upset.

The heals that they put in around the time of Cursed raid being implemented were horrible and I think may have been the worst change since I have came here. The idea that they removed the 1500 albalative stacking and then turned around and added 200 to the hp cap, heal procs, Ghostly MoV charge, and the IP charge is beyond me. As you said, now all fights take forever, which was the reason BS gave for removing the stacked albalatives. I do think BS has tried to mitigate these issues by lowering the values of each of these, but it's still an issue regardless. The problem is they can't really remove them now since everyone has put so much time and plat into obtaining these items.

I don't know if the purchased buffs cause any issues. Not many people use them in lvl 50 RvR.

I would agree with you on the stealth lore stuff, but my ranger is my main toon so I will readily admit that my view is heavily effected by personal bias. For alot of people that don't play stealth, the only way they can find and kill the stealth zergs are with stealth lore charges and the few classes that have stealth lore on them (vamp, caster necro, and savage class cloak charges). I agree with you, but I also see why visi groups would not agree. Many would even say they need more ways to pop stealthers.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • I do the BP quests, tedious but that how I got my shade’s template done. Bountycrafting.
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    Tired of all the quests.

I can get behind alot of these ideas.

The cheaters I agree 100% with. Way to easy to cheat on the game. The /appeal system is a joke as there is not enough GM's on to ever do anything even when appealed. I have appealed numerous things in game (bugs/cheats/problems) and I'm lucky if I get a reply within a few days or even a week.

I don't mind the quests. To me, anything that gets more people out into the RvR zones is a good thing. Even if its for BP quests. I get that some people don't want to deal with them, but I think its a good way to encourage people to get out and RvR. I will admit that some of these quests just encourage zerging down any and all action just to obtain the rp's for finishing a quest, but when I played from SI through Catacombs this problem still existed. Some people just like to watch the world burn....

I'm fine w/ a realm timer. I don't switch too often, but I will say that I think 12 hours may be too long. Also, just wanted to note that if they ever put in a realm timer some players will be pretty upset.

The heals that they put in around the time of Cursed raid being implemented were horrible and I think may have been the worst change since I have came here. The idea that they removed the 1500 albalative stacking and then turned around and added 200 to the hp cap, heal procs, Ghostly MoV charge, and the IP charge is beyond me. As you said, now all fights take forever, which was the reason BS gave for removing the stacked albalatives. I do think BS has tried to mitigate these issues by lowering the values of each of these, but it's still an issue regardless. The problem is they can't really remove them now since everyone has put so much time and plat into obtaining these items.

I don't know if the purchased buffs cause any issues. Not many people use them in lvl 50 RvR.

I would agree with you on the stealth lore stuff, but my ranger is my main toon so I will readily admit that my view is heavily effected by personal bias. For alot of people that don't play stealth, the only way they can find and kill the stealth zergs are with stealth lore charges and the few classes that have stealth lore on them (vamp, caster necro, and savage class cloak charges). I agree with you, but I also see why visi groups would not agree. Many would even say they need more ways to pop stealthers.

They don't buy the purchased buffs anymore due to the Supremacy Pots. They need to remove all the buffs and put it back to the original way of the game. Everyone is stacked to the max. Everyone Hits hard because they are maxxed out all the time. It is out of control. Then you add people running buff bots and healer bots in stealth groups now and that opens a whole new discussion.

Visy toons will always complain about stealth classes. If they gave toons that spec'd 50 Steath a PNode range stealth detection it would change their minds about grouping stealth.
    My bad @Vanzblade. I thought you were just talking about the Realm Enhancement buffer in the relic towns. I see your point, but honestly the sup pot thing was part of what won me back to the Live server. There was no way I was going to pay for 2x sub's just so I could compete by having a buff bot. Knowing that I didn't need a buffbot due to potions is what won me over, but I do see what you are saying. If they made it so buff bots had short ranges AND removed buff potions it would tone down all classes equally. It would also make classes with self buffs get their class bonus back a bit. I do agree that those that run healer bots in stealth groups and park them in towers is ridiculous.

I also agree with you on the stealther issues, but like I said, I freely admit that my main is a stealther and my opinion on them is very biased due to that. 98% of players who play visi only would disagree with us. Hell, many say they should get rid of stealthers all together.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • A solo stealther will not kill a FG, let alone a zerg. My guild rarely has a healer in it like we used to or run 2 FGs on a nightly basis. Use your stealth lore classes or put a sneak in your damn group and quit !!!!
  • Vanzblade wrote: »
    They don't buy the purchased buffs anymore due to the Supremacy Pots. They need to remove all the buffs and put it back to the original way of the game. Everyone is stacked to the max. Everyone Hits hard because they are maxxed out all the time. It is out of control. Then you add people running buff bots and healer bots in stealth groups now and that opens a whole new discussion.

Being fully buffed is the standard, not the exception at this point in the game. i would even say that the game is balanced around being fully buffed.

and if you put range on con buffs and removed supremacy potions, then how on earth would anyone be able to kill a vamp which comes fully buffed and unstrippable by default ?

Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • I don’t think buffs are a problem at all. Only reason it works on the burning server is because no one is bugged unless grouped with a live buffer
    Tired of all the quests.

From a returning player's perspective, it's that fourth one that gets me the most. Some of the battlegrounds provide fun fights; nobody is templated. But NF and Molvik/Cathal just...aren't fun. Whenever I decide to try DAoC again, it always follows the same model:

1. Get super excited because I love so much about the game.
    2. Make a character, invest in tradeskills and time as I research builds.
    3. Get to Molvik. Get frustrated and go to Leirvik.
    4. Absolutely love the battles in Leirvik; almost nobody is templated and they're usually good, even fights.
    5. Hit 3L9 and give in to the temptation to get level 50, master levels, champ levels, etc.
    6. Get to Cathal, get destroyed repeatedly, get discouraged to even attempt NF
    7. Cancel

I'm currently in 6 trying like heck to avoid step 7.

Edit: fourth one, not third. I can count, I swear.
    Post edited by Marden on
  • Marden wrote: »
    Tired of all the quests.

From a returning player's perspective, it's that fourth one that gets me the most. Some of the battlegrounds provide fun fights; nobody is templated. But NF and Molvik/Cathal just...aren't fun. Whenever I decide to try DAoC again, it always follows the same model:

4. Absolutely love the battles in Leirvik; almost nobody is templated and they're usually good, even fights.
    5. Hit 3L9 and give in to the temptation to get level 50, master levels, champ levels, etc.
    7. Cancel

The importance of a good template inversely correlates with how many people you play with. Soloing requires a solid template to compete, especially if you're playing a class that has a lot of bad match ups. Small mans and 8mans require a decent template so you don't die on inc or run out of power after a couple casts. Realm Rank helps here more than templates, imo. Zerg fights don't require a good template as they tend to be numbers based. However, a solid 8man or two that side cars with a zerg makes a HUGE difference in large scale fights. Templates, while necessary, shouldn't deter you from playing.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Really, the population is that low and you`re talking about adding more pve to live and about item prices?
    You understand nothing...where is a facepalm pic if needed?
    Marden wrote: »
    Tired of all the quests.

7. Cancel

You can't base your NF opinion of what happens to you in a BG.. Cathal is nothing but templated players dodging other temped toons and kiling lvl 45-49 questers. There is nothing fun or entertaining about CV and it's sweaty gankers.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
    Just an observation but if getting beat by temp’d toons in a bg is upsetting then NF might not be for you. Without a decent template or fully buffed you will likely get 2-3 shot then emoted
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    Just an observation but if getting beat by temp’d toons in a bg is upsetting then NF might not be for you. Without a decent template or fully buffed you will likely get 2-3 shot then emoted

I haven't had emotes on in years. I got tired of seeing "Roflmercopter spits on Fuzzehkittenz" 300 times or whatever.