Ellan Vannin stirs...

The ghostly incursion has come to an end but Manannan mac Lir seems to be growing restless. The realms' generals, ever vigilant, have taken notice.

For now, there's nothing much to do but ensure Manannan mac Lir's sway doesn't expand beyond his temporary holds on the underground keep of Knoc Meayll.

• As a precaution, the realms have devoted extra resources to Ellan Vannin, opening up direct teleport to the Towers of Korazh, Deifrang, and Graoch!
    • Teleport to these towers is one-way only and can be initiated via the /realmwar map.
    • Teleport is only possible if the realm's supply line is intact:
      • Albion must hold Caer Boldiam and Caer Benowyc to teleport to an EV tower
      • Midgard must hold Glenlock Faste and Bledmeer Faste to teleport to an EV tower
      • Hibernia must hold Dun nGed and Dun Crauchon to teleport to an EV tower
  • Level 50s should visit their realm's General to obtain the [Manx] [Daily] Preventive Measures quest!
    • Speak to General Kogis in Catterick Hamlet
    • Speak to General Bruki in Godrborg
    • Speak to General Vegda in Crair Treflan

Click here to visit the DAoC Herald!
DAoC Community Lead
Broadsword Online Games
Tagged:

Comments

• Should already have it, could port to EV towers before so if you fixed it up for that then you're good.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Anyone do this yet and know the reward?
  • Did someone just say, get in my tower bruh?! Meet me top hib tower by the tower lord 8pm est tonight. Be there or be square. :#
  • edited February 2019 PM

[*] Level 50s should visit their realm's General to obtain the [Manx] [Daily] Preventive Measures quest!

I will have to check this out when I get home or the next time I hop on, but can anyone give me a quick summary of what this new quest is and what the reward is for it?

On a side note, I would love for them to do something with the doppelganger quest. Killing the 3 "bosses" is so fricking tough to do unless you run in an 8 man group. For solo's and small mans its almost impossible to get all 3 bosses to finish this quest. Having only 1 boss randomly spawn at a time doesn't help matters. I wish they would do something to make this easier to people that don't run in full 8 man groups. Either lower the difficulty, or maybe even make it so you can either kill 25-50 doppels OR kill the 3 bosses. I have tried numerous times to get a group to kill Apocalypse with no interest whatsoever. I have only needed this kill for the last 4-5 weeks and have never even completed this quest since it was implemented.

Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • RonELuvv wrote: »

[*] Level 50s should visit their realm's General to obtain the [Manx] [Daily] Preventive Measures quest!

I will have to check this out when I get home or the next time I hop on, but can anyone give me a quick summary of what this new quest is and what the reward is for it?

On a side note, I would love for them to do something with the doppelganger quest. Killing the 3 "bosses" is so fricking tough to do unless you run in an 8 man group. For solo's and small mans its almost impossible to get all 3 bosses to finish this quest. Having only 1 boss randomly spawn at a time doesn't help matters. I wish they would do something to make this easier to people that don't run in full 8 man groups. Either lower the difficulty, or maybe even make it so you can either kill 25-50 doppels OR kill the 3 bosses. I have tried numerous times to get a group to kill Apocalypse with no interest whatsoever. I have only needed this kill for the last 4-5 weeks and have never even completed this quest since it was implemented.

I agree that the Doppel quest needs some tweaking. The spawn rate for the bosses should be increased. Either lowering the difficulty or allowing for BG credit would be welcomed as well.
    Corey117 wrote: »
    25k BPs

What needs to be done to complete the quest?
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • capture all 3 ev towers
  • Damn yet again not a quest a solo/duo will be able to do. /shrug oh well
  • Sure Snail, I’ll BLUR on up. Then go BOOM back down! lol
  • edited February 2019 PM
    Mace80 wrote: »
    Damn yet again not a quest a solo/duo will be able to do. /shrug oh well

I agree, except it is easier for a small man to do this quest than the current doppelganger quest. At least the EV towers are pretty easy to take down if action is slow out there. As it stands, the bp quests for solo/small man is pretty much just the supply, ale, and 10 kill quests in a month. The doppel and this are pretty far out of reach for most solo/small mans.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    Mace80 wrote: »
    Damn yet again not a quest a solo/duo will be able to do. /shrug oh well

I agree, except it is easier for a small man to do this quest than the current doppelganger quest. At least the EV towers are pretty easy to take down if action is slow out there. As it stands, the bp quests for solo/small man is pretty much just the supply, ale, and 10 kill quests in a month. The doppel and this are pretty far out of reach for most solo/small mans.

Oh for sure this will be easier than Doppelganger quest. No doubt.
  • I think this is not a good choice for an 'event'. Maybe a decent General quest to have in all the time but to get people to play we need a battleground event. All realm versus realm, all the time. No keeps. No towers. No relics. Just realm points.
  • Timeup wrote: »
    but to get people to play we need a battleground event. All realm versus realm, all the time. No keeps. No towers. No relics. Just realm points.

why do you think battleground events in todays environment would work? curious.

- the 4 daily quests are centred around NF (realm points) - hence not valid in a BG.
    - people flock to the mega zerg and when hero or xyor are swarming around - other realms evacuate.

possible however, if

- daily quests were completable in the BG event - Yes.(but they would be completed so fast possibly that each player is changing characters every 15 minutes to complete the quests on the next toon)
    - somehow reduce mobility on stick zergs as no other playstyle will really enter whilst a 100 man swarm stuck to one person and looping the map. (it becomes a game of denying/dodging the stronger/larger enemy of rps till they log/zone/realmhop rinse repeat - this almost applies to both zerg/8man)

• Battleground Event-Caledonia
    My preference is Caledonia.
  • Yea, I took all three with the alb zerg last night and got credit for none of them. Members of my group did but not me. That is frustrating. Switched to my hibs and since we were just a duo we got rolled before we could take one so I couldn't test credit over there.

On the bright side it has made for some interesting action. I cleaned up on my chanter, Sfinx.
  • I have Caledonia necklaces in the vaults of a couple of my toons still. lol
  • I would love to see Caledonia for one month. It would be worth the price of subscription.
  • So new update and yet another quest lol.
    Daniellson - Healer
  • Caledonia for 1 month would be too long, but we do have plans for a bg event in the works :)

I'll check on the credit reports, is it just alb tower (the others fine)?
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • It was all towers for me... I removed the quest and reacquired it but never got a chance to take another tower to see if that fixed it.
  • Any chance EV can stir up sturdier doors like the doors covering oil? @beibhinn

Kinda a gimmie with the siege buffs...
  • someone told me that everyone needs to be in the tower at the moment of capture or noone gets credit, can anyone confirm or deny ?
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    someone told me that everyone needs to be in the tower at the moment of capture or noone gets credit, can anyone confirm or deny ?

That's the recommendation because some aren't getting credit for one reason or another seems to be the 1st time you take the quest. Others have stated they dropped it then retook quest which helps. I can confirm that I got quest credit in the bg standing just outside the doors.
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    Any chance EV can stir up sturdier doors like the doors covering oil? @beibhinn

Kinda a gimmie with the siege buffs...

Well, before when we had EV tower port the towers were ruined, which we were thinking of doing this time but because doors are paper we didn't. So don't think we'll change that for now.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • From what I can tell you have to hit the tower cap to get credit, or maybe be in combat with it when it dies. (Don't know if healing/cc classes have noticed they have been missing credit offen?)