Purchasing Plat/Mithril

So honestly, with all the Chinese farmers gone, and no one selling plat anymore.. If @Broadsword is selling Mithril to purchase items in-game, why are they not selling Platinum either, to purchase in-game? Obviously there is controversy over micro-transactions now a days, but people would buy plat from bots anyways, why not just buy it directly from Broadsword? There are ALOT of people wanting/needing Plat, especially returning players who are needing to update and upgrade their gear from years ago.. Make this process a little easier @Broadsword

If they honestly had a system that would instantaneously put plat onto your account, such as how Mithril is received, wouldn’t you buy it? I sure as hell would. @Carol_Broadsword
  1. Would you purchase Platinum from Broadsword?34 votes
    1. Yes
      41.18%
    2. No
      58.82%
Tagged:

Comments

• This is a bad idea, everything will be a high price if they do that. Its alreadu ridiculous as is to pay for stuff, all your idea would do is raise the price point on everything in game
  • Terrible ideas, Chinese made plat inflation skyrocket, I did run macro, but honestly I wouldn't allow them around.
  • I feel quite the opposite.. I feel that if this was legal, and available to everyone, prices may drop and returning players could actually afford to re-template and have new gear, instead of being poor, frustrated and discouraged from finding groups and guilds. As a returning player from 5+ years, I personally feel the struggle.

I simply cannot re-template characters because of how expensive items are now, and how scarce the market is, because people just want to be plat hungry. There are alot of selfish people left playing this game.. That's a huge problem, and I feel like a neutral party offering currency would be a good step for returning players.
  • Pumping more cash into an economy without a way to also remove it just as fast causes inflation. The economy will be awash with money, prices will continue to rise without limit. To keep the economy from flopping Broadsword would have to raise prices on thing like, repairs, and recharges. No thank you. A better option would be to offer the items for mithril, as far as economic health goes. Not sure Broadsword wants to do that though.
  • Nightmare wrote: »
    I feel quite the opposite.. I feel that if this was legal, and available to everyone, prices may drop and returning players could actually afford to re-template and have new gear, instead of being poor, frustrated and discouraged from finding groups and guilds. As a returning player from 5+ years, I personally feel the struggle.

I simply cannot re-template characters because of how expensive items are now, and how scarce the market is, because people just want to be plat hungry. There are alot of selfish people left playing this game.. That's a huge problem, and I feel like a neutral party offering currency would be a good step for returning players.

If there is a steady supply of plat, the prices will remain high.

Most high cost items are avaliable via BPs or easily farmed with a FG.

E.g. there is no Bracelets of Eternal Retributions on Albion currently (they are also not on the Bountycraft list) so i will have to farm it or hope someone in /region or /discordtrade can hook me up. (i got what i needed in under 6 hours from discord www.discord.gg/daoc and traded for another item he wanted that i had)

What items are you having issues aqcuiring?
  • tald wrote: »
    Nightmare wrote: »
    I feel quite the opposite.. I feel that if this was legal, and available to everyone, prices may drop and returning players could actually afford to re-template and have new gear, instead of being poor, frustrated and discouraged from finding groups and guilds. As a returning player from 5+ years, I personally feel the struggle.

If there is a steady supply of plat, the prices will remain high.

Most high cost items are avaliable via BPs or easily farmed with a FG.

E.g. there is no Bracelets of Eternal Retributions on Albion currently (they are also not on the Bountycraft list) so i will have to farm it or hope someone in /region or /discordtrade can hook me up. (i got what i needed in under 6 hours from discord www.discord.gg/daoc and traded for another item he wanted that i had)

What items are you having issues aqcuiring?

There are quite afew items that are insanely over priced, and people tend to try and rip everyone off on, are the Cursed Gauntlets ( in any realm ) There are also other items that seem to be tough/expensive.. But for the most part, there is alot of highway robbery going on for OW items.
  • edited February 2019 PM
    They are already getting your 15-16USD for a 1 month GTC why would they go any lower
    Post edited by Fateboi on
    Almost all games work like printing cash, inflation is unavoidable when you allow even faster printing of money (Chinese) and new quests, and don't adjust systems that responsible for moving money out of the system. Items are outrageously expensive, yes, but thats just how broken market works, there is nothing evil about it on peoples part. However it would be nice to see something done about it I agree.

Buying plats off directly from developer would bring even higher prices.
    Post edited by Gavner on
  • And possibly push things a little towards pay to win, which is something we would have to be very careful of.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
    Agree @Carol_Broadsword

It's kind of sad, that some of voters don't see that a problem.
    Post edited by Gavner on
  • And possibly push things a little towards pay to win, which is something we would have to be very careful of.

I mean technically, whoever has the most plat now a days, or able to farm encounters with multiple accounts is paying to win.. I feel like the concept I suggested isn’t too far off as to what’s currently happening, it would open the door to fairness for everyone to benefit, not only those who are able to run multiple accounts or have their own “click” of people to farm and monopolize the market on items.

I made another thread a few days ago regarding exchanging GTC for Plat.. Did anyone notice not a single person was interested?

• Hard to know how many people buy plat, legally or not. However, I suspect it is the primary cause of inflation. Perpetuating plat buying with your idea would only drive prices up.

Everything is accessible to the average player. You either need to start a group or join a guild that is willing to help new players. Elitist Jerx (Mid) and Federation of Hibernia (Hib) come to mind. I'm unsure who the Alb equivalent is since many players from Dark Knights of Camelot left.

If you don't want to do the Campaigns, then you're left with RvR or farming plat. Both of which will be slower as intended. Prices have dropped since Bountycraft was released. They will continue to do so as more BPs are gained. The BP hardcap actually increased item availability since it prevents players from hoarding. However, I do like the idea of reducing the cost of Bountycraft items.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • As a person who hasn't paid for a single month of service for the last year or more I would be against this. I sell plat for GTC's, which if you really boil it down to the basics, is BS selling plat. If anyone is looking for plat hit me up via a pm. I would be glad to sell more plat for GTC's.
    Bring back the travelling merchants if you want to remove plat from the economy
    Post edited by scerff on
  • Just keep the travelling merhants up year round. That way BS controls the prices.
  • could a sort of game time card (and mythril) auction be made by BS ? like you enter the code and set a price, if someone buys it you receive the plat. would prevent scamming and all that.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Theres unlimited plats to be bought with GTC, i fail to see the difference, i myself have both sold GTC for plat and plat for GTC, and it has never been a problem to do as many as i needed to do, either way i needed them.

It would indeed be BS selling pay 2 win if they sold plat, just like if they sold items, xp or realm ranks.

Now you're buying from players, but with GTC's that support BS and DAOC, so i think thats a very nice solution tbh.