Thoughts on the addition of Bountycrafting and the economy?

Previously BP's were approximately 1 gold per BP.

100p for cursed ch9
1000p for frozen
200p for ch10 gloves
20p for otherworldly rings
80p for OW helm
150p for GMOV

Granted the release of this Craft reduced the cost of frozen weapons, but I don't think the cost of BP's reflect the prices the market established (even the prices the merchants established)

I think the BP cost should have been 2x the established market cost. But some of it is like 5-10x the cost. Just doesn't seem like an effective/efficient way of getting gear.

Maybe I'm off on this?

What do you foresee?

Comments

• Most of this stuff you can actually buy with plat fairly easy now. I just made the item I needed most (chap10 gloves) spent about 180p on the rest of the set. Infil, just need to make the template now. Prices have dropped considerably since the nerf to curse.
  • I don't think the price drop is a bad thing, and this is coming from a player who sells plat for GTC's. I wouldn't mind seeing some of the BP cost od items to be brought down a little bit, but overall I think this new system has done a great job with what we (the players) asked for. It's lowered prices on major template items and has given new players and people wanting to make alts much easier time templating.
  • My only request is that BPs be sharable by the characters of the same realm, server and account. I play so many toons and have tons of BPs on them but rarely enough to actually purchase what I need on individual toons. I switch toons around depending on what the action is like (not realm hoping but stealth zerg hunting, siege, small man etc) It keeps the game fresh but as is...I feel like it will take me forever to be able to BP craft anything :(
  • I might agree with you on that @Mace80 if they had not already made these things tradeable. I would suggest taking toons with the most bp's and work on getting them the weekly quests done. Then buy what you need and trade it to the toon you want templated. I see no reason to apply account based bp's since the items and recipes are tradeable.
  • Mace80 wrote: »
    My only request is that BPs be sharable by the characters of the same realm, server and account. I play so many toons and have tons of BPs on them but rarely enough to actually purchase what I need on individual toons. I switch toons around depending on what the action is like (not realm hoping but stealth zerg hunting, siege, small man etc) It keeps the game fresh but as is...I feel like it will take me forever to be able to BP craft anything :(

This would be really nice. I actively RvR with 6-7 different characters. I have like 150-200k on every one of them now, but not quite enough for an item.
    Tral
  • Yea, I do that Ron. Still a major PITA when you can't play the toons you want/need given the night's rvr situation. Calc's situation is exactly mine. 100-200k per toon. The last piece I made I did buy the materials with different toons and then just trade them all to one to craft. Just a big frustration. Not end of the world stuff by any means but if we're throwing out ideas for improvement that would be mine.
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    I might agree with you on that @Mace80 if they had not already made these things tradeable. I would suggest taking toons with the most bp's and work on getting them the weekly quests done. Then buy what you need and trade it to the toon you want templated. I see no reason to apply account based bp's since the items and recipes are tradeable.

The main idea behind that Ron is to fill groups. It would allow people who play multiple toons the opportunity to pool their bps on lets say alb (run their cleric or friar, or tank.. whatever.. in other words fill the group accordingly). If you feel obliged to run a certain toon because you're close to filling the bps up, then it makes things a little tougher. I see no issue with letting each player pool their bps on each realm.
  • edited January 2019 PM
    Just add tradeable tokens that cost 1000 BP or something along those lines to the BP merchant, all tradeable items thats currently sold for BP's, convert them to a BP token price.

Item that before was 10 000 BP's are now 10 BP tokens.
    Post edited by Vrisslar on