HP/Con Cap?

Using this template: https://www.daocutils.com/templates/dd854582790fdb99f6752480ff6648de7f3be34b

When I switch between s/s and staff I have a difference of 9 constitution. My +HP stays the same at +584/600 from items.

At +105/105 con, +584 HP I have 1883 HP (180 total con)
At +114/115 con, +584 HP I have 1883 HP (189 total con)

Why isn't the + con affecting my total HP?
Tagged:

Comments

• Seconded just came here to ask the same question

368 con before i got my cloaked with +6 mythical con cap leveled 3958 hp
    374 con with cloak leveled (+40 hits cap as well but only 10 effect me) 3968hp
  • noticed it on my mauler as well... could switch between con and str ow necks... Con didnt give me extra hits.
  • edited May 2018 PM
    In addition to these bugs, con/hp (when it does affect your hp) is not consistent....at all. You can easily measure this by adjusting your starting stats with the same gear on. The hp/con is not consistent. Adding 1 con will give more hps than adding 2+. In addition, if you add say 5 con via starting stats, your hps will be different than adding 5 con with say an item. I could see starting stats having a different hp/con formula, but its not consistent in any way and makes evaluating the pros and um..well...cons of hps vs con in a template impossible.
    Post edited by Skywier on
  • Skywier wrote: »
    In addition to these bugs, con/hp (when it does affect your hp) is not consistent....at all. You can easily measure this by adjusting your starting stats with the same gear on. The hp/con is not consistent. Adding 1 con will give more hps than adding 2+. In addition, if you add say 5 con via starting stats, your hps will be different than adding 5 con with say an item. I could see starting stats having a different hp/con formula, but its not consistent in any way and makes evaluating the pros and um..well...cons of hps vs con in a template impossible.

I read somewhere recently that your con needs to end in an even number to see actual HP gain (so 336 vs 337 may have no difference but 336 and 338 should) but that still doesn't explain why +9 doesn't affect me at all or why its variable as you've seen..
  • Ewer wrote: »
    Skywier wrote: »

I read somewhere recently that your con needs to end in an even number to see actual HP gain (so 336 vs 337 may have no difference but 336 and 338 should) but that still doesn't explain why +9 doesn't affect me at all or why its variable as you've seen..

supposedly stats have to be even to effect you str dex qui acuity whatever. but yea going from 366-372 con I should see some kind of increase.
  • If your starting con (Race+starting points+class bonus+rr bonus) is below 60, everything single point will make you loose twice as many HP and even uneven points count. Once you top 60 only even points count.
    However, I do not understand the different Item bonuses with similar hp
  • Will inquire about this, thanks :)
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Awww I was so happy that my SB has 3,000 hp on the nose in his new temp. You guys better not mess with anything!!!
    Tral
  • here's what i know about constitution.
    - below 50 points race constitution + starting points you lose double the amount of hp.
    - you need to have even numbers on starting points + race constitution. uneven numbers get rounded down to the next even number.
    - not in all cases where you swap items every stat is updated in the client
    - i don't know a cap for it

if i guess now:
    - inconnu sorc with +15 starting constituion
    - +106 con from template (180 total)
    - +584 hits from template
    should have:
    - 1805 hits unbuffed and 2369 buffed

so something is wrong here. maybe my calc on http://excidio.net/ (charplaner => stats) or you messed up on something.
    Vroni / Vanesyra / Rommie
    excidio.net - Charplaner / Spellcrafter / Herald - PM me on errors / wishes on this
  • Vanesyra wrote: »
    here's what i know about constitution.
    - below 50 points race constitution + starting points you lose double the amount of hp.
    - you need to have even numbers on starting points + race constitution. uneven numbers get rounded down to the next even number.
    - not in all cases where you swap items every stat is updated in the client
    - i don't know a cap for it

if i guess now:
    - inconnu sorc with +15 starting constituion
    - +106 con from template (180 total)
    - +584 hits from template
    should have:
    - 1805 hits unbuffed and 2369 buffed

so something is wrong here. maybe my calc on http://excidio.net/ (charplaner => stats) or you messed up on something.

I checked again last night. 1883 unbuffed and changes to con as listed above not affecting total HP.

Does CL affect HP at all or am I misremembering something?
  • Ewer wrote: »
    I checked again last night. 1883 unbuffed and changes to con as listed above not affecting total HP.

Does CL affect HP at all or am I misremembering something?

should be 1% more hp from con for each cl level.

tested it on my sorc and paladin with current template the formula is off +/- 2 hit points on them (rounding errors).

hmm but think i know whats broken. the game thinks for a reason that i don't know that you have +127 con within your template. that's also the reason why you do not notice any more increase... because you are already at cap

@Carol_Broadsword
    Vroni / Vanesyra / Rommie
    excidio.net - Charplaner / Spellcrafter / Herald - PM me on errors / wishes on this
  • like its not counting mythical cap over 100? Cause I noticed on my paladin going form 100 to 103con in temp I get nothing