Emotes- Serious or just for fun? A story from last night

So I was on my bonedancer last night (Natebrunerfromtexas--RR9L1 ) and was dotting some albs and hibs.

We came across some hibs and so I threw a few dots out and folks were dropping. One of them that died is in my hib guild. I thought it would be fun to /slap him afterwards..... I mean it's what I do. This particular hib talks to much in teamspeak so this /slap had some meaning to it.

Shortly after one of the GM's of the hib guild logged into Midgard to tell me that this player I /slapped left the guild.
I couldn't stop laughing and it was the highlight of my night. I still think it's hilarious this morning.

Is it me? I think it's for fun.. yet others take so personal.
"I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781

Comments

• edited January 2019 PM
    Natebruner wrote: »
    So I was on my bonedancer last night (Natebrunerfromtexas--RR9L1 ) and was dotting some albs and hibs.

We came across some hibs and so I threw a few dots out and folks were dropping. One of them that died is in my hib guild. I thought it would be fun to /slap him afterwards..... I mean it's what I do. This particular hib talks to much in teamspeak so this /slap had some meaning to it.

Shortly after one of the GM's of the hib guild logged into Midgard to tell me that this player I /slapped left the guild.
    I couldn't stop laughing and it was the highlight of my night. I still think it's hilarious this morning.

Is it me? I think it's for fun.. yet others take so personal.

The fact that you found this funny sums you up perfectly. [edited]
    Post edited by Driralin on
  • I remember while i was in school being paddled by a teacher or principal. I recall while growing up a neighborhood parent grabbing a switch and popping my tail for throwing rocks at an old barn. Times have changed. No paddles in school., etc.

Its your right to taunt and spam emotes as you will. Emotes are one thing i really never pay attention to. Don't be surprised though if others are affected. If the guild has no rules about that.. then game on... if the game has no rules against that.. game on... If the game or the guild does have rules governing that, and you chose to break em because its how you have fun, then its on you... still free to do it, but remove the shock when consequences occur.

i.e. i used to like to drive fast before i had kids... it was fun... but that third ticket in a month stretch and i think i finally got the message.
  • People leave guilds / alliances for many different reasons. Sometimes for a single event and sometimes because they don't like the leadership or members. I got banned from a discord for a single post because my post hurt the owners's feelings. You never know when something you might do or say will bother someone. All part of the game.
    36h1mod3pwei.jpg
    Bumblebunny to the rescue !
  • Absolutely...

And you accept it. Its either someone desire to entertain themselves, or someone else being too sensitive. End result either way is that someone is usually banned, quits or otherwise. Cause and effect. No biggie :smile:
  • Siambra wrote: »
    People leave guilds / alliances for many different reasons. Sometimes for a single event and sometimes because they don't like the leadership or members. I got banned from a discord for a single post because my post hurt the owners's feelings. You never know when something you might do or say will bother someone. All part of the game.
    36h1mod3pwei.jpg

You sound upset over this ban
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

• No it has been fun :) Never banned before so I got to see the very interesting message. Congratulations from various folks for achieving the objective. Questions as to why it took so long. I have to admit that I've been a bit giddy to be "bad"
    2bkud91vb0sp.gif
  • edited January 2019 PM
    yes :)
    Post edited by Natebruner on
    HERORIUS

• If any of you played Mordred for a decent amount of time then you are aware that no amount of current emotes can hold a candle flame to the **** people did on that server xD.

Imagine getting the spam "suck it" emote nonstop while the person types in /say how badly you got your ass kicked and follows it up with a few heartwarming /tells lol.
  • Could be .. or maybe being bad lets you enjoy a lot more fun. Tequila for example requires a certain badness I believe.
  • edited January 2019 PM
    Siambra wrote: »
    Could be .. or maybe being bad lets you enjoy a lot more fun. Tequila for example requires a certain badness I believe.

Yup, then you sleep where you drop dueces....wvef11utyw7c.jpg
    Post edited by Sleepwell on
  • edited January 2019 PM
    looks good :)
    HERORIUS

• Sombrero time :)
    lux7rlkz59e5.jpg
  • Horse Laugh for the win !!
    m05gym9ns65d.png
    Horse Laugh for the win !!
    m05gym9ns65d.png

This is very fitting for the sound
    HERORIUS

• Thank you most kindly - @ Amp_Phetamine

• Bless your heart Mr Nate :) Thank you for sharing ! My mama always taught me to be polite.
    wo7lb6pib5ap.jpg

Bless your heart Mr Nate :) Thank you for sharing ! My mama always taught me to be polite.
    wo7lb6pib5ap.jpg

Np :) but everyone already knows about the horse . I vote more horse pics though :)
    HERORIUS

• As you requested a truly wonderfully cute horse picture :)
    qqyggznlbqum.jpg
    As you requested a truly wonderfully cute horse picture :)
    qqyggznlbqum.jpg

yes horse pic's go with the sound
    HERORIUS

• Maybe something more delicious ?
    w6jmpng74nrb.jpg
  • Nah we describe as horse
    HERORIUS

• i give .. I don't even understand this sentence - "Nah we describe as horse"
  • I thought you did .. Reason for the horse pic
    HERORIUS

• Nope.. too slow. You'll need to give me more clues or spell it out. Or you can always give up :)
    Nope.. too slow. You'll need to give me more clues or spell it out. Or you can always give up :)

ahh wow u posted horse pics without knowing why ?
    HERORIUS

• edited January 2019 PM
    is he saying Siambra looks like a horse? Thats rude.
    Post edited by Sleepwell on
  • Sleepwell wrote: »
    is he saying Siambra looks like a horse? Thats rude.

I've never seen a pic of her lol :)
    HERORIUS

• Patiently waiting :)
  • edited January 2019 PM
    Siambra wrote: »
    Patiently waiting :)

ask around- folks know :)
    HERORIUS

• Will do :) I know that is very considerate of people and tries very hard to never do anything that wouldn't be acceptable to how she lives her faith.
    Will do :) I know that is very considerate of people and tries very hard to never do anything that wouldn't be acceptable to how she lives her faith.

who ?
    HERORIUS

• Oh good grief. That was supposed to say that I would talk to Musette.
    dm48sdvuyle5.jpg