A Ghostly Incursion begins...

Ghost Keep Event

• Members of each realm should make haste to their ghostly ambassador to strengthen their realm's cause:
    • Albion - See the Ancient Paladin in the Catterick Hamlet relic town
    • Midgard - See the Ancient Thane in the Godrborg relic town
    • Hibernia - See the Ancient Champion in the Crair Treflan relic town
  • Players should ask the 'Ancient' NPCs for a [progress] report to be directed to the current task at hand.
    • These NPCs offer two quests during the 'supply' phase of the event that can only be obtained and completed during that phase.
    • Once a ghost keep has been triggered by a realm, the 'supply' phase ends for all three realms and these NPCs will direct players to defend or attack the appropriate ghostly keep lord!
    • Be sure to visit this NPC at each phase to ensure you pick up any available quests.
  • Earn extra realm and bounty points for completing the tasks throughout each phase of the event!
  • A successfully summoned ghostly keep lord will offer the Ring of the Summoned reward, along with a quest for the Ghostly Medal of Valor!
    • Please note that players who have already completed the Ring of the Summoned quest can obtain a new one or exchange their existing one for a new one at the ghostly keep lord.
    • Players who obtained the Ghostly Medal of Valor last year can obtain one more with this event.
  • For more in-depth information, our handy guide explains the phases of this event in detail!
  • The Ghost Keep event will be available until February 6th, 2019.

Click here to visit the DAoC Herald!
Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
DAoC Community Lead
Broadsword Online Games
Tagged:

Comments

• Not coincidental timing whatsoever.
  • One PvE a keep quest to another
  • Yay!!! GK returns!!!!! that should be a lotta action in nf :)
  • I think this event could be improved if the Ghost Keeps were random as opposed to being only for Berk, Crim, and Nott excluding keeps that have relics placed in them. Set a timer like KM so GK cannot be held hostage to one realm on top of the maintenance quests (maybe this is implemented but that's not clear from the guide). Either way, looking forward to the action that this will bring.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • ghost keeps created the best action for 1 single patch I ever seen in my time on daoc, it was great

altho when they did it a 2nd time after all the daily quests for 20k rps or w/e were released it didn't do much to get people out and about I must admit ;\

but some pvp type events or w/e can never go unappreciated
  • Yeah me2 Beetle :) <3
  • I think this event could be improved if the Ghost Keeps were random as opposed to being only for Berk, Crim, and Nott excluding keeps that have relics placed in them. Set a timer like KM so GK cannot be held hostage to one realm on top of the maintenance quests (maybe this is implemented but that's not clear from the guide). Either way, looking forward to the action that this will bring.

They had said previously that it was too time consuming to do what you asked...cost/benefit as it were

• Last night approx 12 Hibs took Beno the realm bonuses where 25% bonus to Alb/Mid (6:30 pm CST). Let ya do the public math on that...
  • Ya it seems this quest is attempting to raise the population from the ashes hahaha
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Thegenerallee-shadowblade
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

Grumblejr-hero
    Danceswithdebuffs-champion
    Faatkid-druid
  • what are GK rewards?
  • Xyorman wrote: »
    One PvE a keep quest to another

"I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • Hey guys remember whose guild held Nott for Midgard on the very last siege of Ghost Keep?

Then a certain someone decided to release it mid siege...
  • You need to say...cause I don't remember that long ago!
  • Xyorman wrote: »

For someone with such disdain for the event, I recall you spending an unhealthy amount of time camping it. I suppose the rationale for that was, "I may not enjoy it but I'm going to take advantage of it".

Let me save you the response time: /Xyorman Beard On, "As typical you don't know what you're talking about." /Xyorman Beard Off
  • Sovereign wrote: »
    Xyorman wrote: »

For someone with such disdain for the event, I recall you spending an unhealthy amount of time camping it. I suppose the rationale for that was, "I may not enjoy it but I'm going to take advantage of it".

Let me save you the response time: /Xyorman Beard On, "As typical you don't know what you're talking about." /Xyorman Beard Off

I don't think you can be mad at Xyorman for camping and waiting for rescu to feed him. You just needed to follow someone who was not as worried about the bold spire.
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • @Carol_Broadsword
    Could the traveling merchants come back with this event ... I really need to buy stuff ....
  • Sovereign wrote: »
    Xyorman wrote: »

Like many things, your recollections are self serving to your bias, regardless, as is also true in most cases, BG leaders do what BG's want to do....my disdain for the event has much more to do with the state of the game and the responses to said state

• Lower the con on Berk for us, will you, Xyorman? That grape is for the birds.
  • edited January 2019 PM
    Cartoan wrote: »
    Lower the con on Berk for us, will you, Xyorman? That grape is for the birds.

Have the hoppers help u out --- easy peasy; not like it's an RvR event
    Post edited by Xyorman on
  • The hoppers helped you out. How many was that at Crim? One too many. Nice of you to bring Ol' What's His Name along.
  • How do you get credit for the Reaper Lord request, it says "kill enemies of the realm", which I did that but no credit?
  • Did you do it in form?
  • Aldious wrote: »
    How do you get credit for the Reaper Lord request, it says "kill enemies of the realm", which I did that but no credit?

You have to /use the item that's given to you in your pack. It will morph you into a skeleton with a safefall buff as well. Once in the skeleton morph any deathblow you/your group earns will count towards the kill credit.
  • Aldious wrote: »
    How do you get credit for the Reaper Lord request, it says "kill enemies of the realm", which I did that but no credit?

it's buggy, run to the guy anyway if you think you got the credit sometimes you can still get it, sometime you can't

• Cartoan wrote: »
    The hoppers helped you out. How many was that at Crim? One too many. Nice of you to bring Ol' What's His Name along.

Plenty of Hibbs on, chose not to defend Crim nor hit Nott <shrug>, defended the heck outta nGed