RvR situation

2»

Comments

• Why it doesn’t happen to hero is because he only attempts relics on days mids have no type of force.

There are very few 8mans that roam during this time on mid and if there are well they do absolutely NOTHING to assist the realm. So maybe one 8m on. Unlike hib US time there are a few decent 8m groups that roam and will 100% defend their keeps.

Mids and Albs will and have defended against hero with just 2-3 groups. Defending is the easy part.... having the groups be willing to do it is the hard part. No one wants to listen on mid until Anna joins and if Anna doesn’t log in well they swap to hib (win) or do their own thing as an 8m.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • Impounded wrote: »
    Why it doesn’t happen to hero is because he only attempts relics on days mids have no type of force.

There are very few 8mans that roam during this time on mid and if there are well they do absolutely NOTHING to assist the realm. So maybe one 8m on. Unlike hib US time there are a few decent 8m groups that roam and will 100% defend their keeps.

Mids and Albs will and have defended against hero with just 2-3 groups. Defending is the easy part.... having the groups be willing to do it is the hard part. No one wants to listen on mid until Anna joins and if Anna doesn’t log in well they swap to hib (win) or do their own thing as an 8m.

Outside of Anna and Brut, has anyone on Mid or Alb attempted to lead a BG against Hero during EU prime? Considering Anna can pull in the same if not greater numbers than Hero, I think this problem is largely due to lack of leadership.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • It is due to leadership. Sadly no one is willing to lead. And all the people who would lead from US are asleep or working. And also I don’t think any US leader should have to even lead during EU time.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • edited January 2019 PM
    tald wrote: »
    Back in the day if needed - players had multiple servers to change between - today we only have one option on live.

you used to get ript and relog another server ? uaheuehUHEAUHEheuaheUEAHuheuH that made me giggle lol

[ToS]
    Post edited by Midithir on
  • edited January 2019 PM
    [ToS]
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • edited January 2019 PM
    Natebruner wrote: »
    [ToS]

Clarification: I only take over for Hero when he plays late on Saturdays and the BG numbers always drop due to EU players logging off. Otherwise, my BGs start from scratch as has been the case every Sunday.

You may proceed to troll as you see fit.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    Sleepwell wrote: »
    Timer wars prevail :smile: . It gets us all at some point or another.

This is what I get confused about with the whole timer wars... On one side you have US Prime time Mids that get upset because for a few week period they had a hard time getting relics because the Albs would log over to Hib to defend the relics. There was never any doubt that Midgard had the bigger BG. Sure, Albs and Hibs would both have decent #'s (compared to normal US Prime time #'s) but were both obviously smaller than the Mid BG which is pretty much the American version of Herorius. Because of all of this they wanted realm switch timers. Ok...

Now I can't remember if it was in this thread or another, but somebody was complaining about Herorius during Euro prime time and how he just kills everything and nobody can defend. Why is the same thing that Mids are complaining of not happening versus Herorius? Why are the Albs/Mids not switching to whatever realm Herorius is attacking and trying to kill him? To me, the advantage of NOT having realm timers is that realms can then do EXACTLY what is happening in the first paragraph. Switch to the underpopulated side and make that giant BG earn it. I don't run with Herorius. I used to run with him on weekends occasionally a LONG time ago, and every time I ran with him he was always hoping for action at the keeps we attacked. I never saw Herorius avoid fights or hope to run into un-defended keeps. Sure, if his zerg got wiped a few times he would call it for the day, but that happens in ALL BG's.

So where I understand why it's frustrating to Mids during American prime time to get thwarted on a relic raid due to realm switching, the same mechanic SHOULD make it harder for Herorius to gain all 6 relics to being with. If you put in a relic timer it will make the Herorius zerg that much stronger. Now nobody will ever switch to defend against him.

Once such example of what I am talking about:
    Magistere wrote: »
    Imo Alb and Mid should start attacking Hib keeps daily until they are left with out relics for the next 6 months or so. It's the same old thing Hero loves to pve keeps, and no one wants to defend keeps with 90+ hibs out. Albs do not have the numbers and the Mids wait for Anna before anything is organized. No one realm should have every relic in the game. Lets pve keeps when there is 0 Hib population on to keep all of their keeps green. Hero went for Mid today while they had a 70% bonus, good for him, but when Hero and the hibs loose two battles in a row they all rage quit and come play their Mid alts. This is why there should be a 2-3 hour timer to stop x realmers.

Do you not see the hypocrisy in your statement @Magistere? On one hand you complain that Hero "loves to pve keeps, and no one wants to defend keeps with 90+ hibs out," but then you ask for realm timers which would prevent anyone from that zerg or another realm from switching over to try and even those very same #'s out. The same mechanic that has Mids complaining during American prime time can be used against Herorius during EU prime time. If you add realm timers you don't weaken Herorius, you strengthen him and his zerg and weaken the other 2 realms.

Realm timers, however short, can only be one part of a solution .... is doing nothing an option given the state of the game? When everything that is done is counter to the core basis of the game, then change what you are doing or openly change the game.

• What should be done?
  • I suggest instead of implementing new stuff you look to the past
  • edited January 2019 PM
    Huehuaehue wrote: »
    Back in the day if needed - players had multiple servers to change between - today we only have one option on live.

you used to get ript and relog another server ? uaheuehUHEAUHEheuaheUEAHuheuH that made me giggle lol

[ToS]

I never used to get ript at all, it was and still is others avoiding - an example the last mordred reroll I was apart of the last 2 teams left on the server whilst everyone else dipped out. Nice assumption and try thou.

• tald wrote: »
    Huehuaehue wrote: »

#daocknightstryingtohaveinfluenceonfightsLOL rip daoc o:)

I never used to get ript at all, it was and still is others avoiding - an example the last mordred reroll I was apart of the last 2 teams left on the server whilst everyone else dipped out. Nice assumption and try thou.

How do you help your team in rvr without speaking? serious question
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • Please keep this on topic.
    Moderator - Dark Age of Camelot Official Forums
    Code of Conduct

DAoC resources -
    Facebook Youtube Official Discord
    Camelot Herald DAoC Twitch
    Dark Age of Camelot Feedback Form