[Poll] January/February/March Masks!

Hiyas,

So our next 3 masks are going to be the Eye, Beast, and Death masks. All pictured below and all will be dyeable :)

This poll is to decide which order we add them in. Whichever mask gets the most votes will go live this month (January), 2nd most votes in February and lowest votes in March :)

Poll is open until 5PM EST / 10PM GMT Monday, January 14th 2019. Vote for the mask you want this month, the rest will follow :) (There will be more masks added April onwards)

Eye Mask
eye_mask.png

Beast Mask
beast_mask.png

Death Mask
death_mask.png

1. Mask vote!48 votes
    1. Eye Mask
      31.25%
    2. Beast Mask
        6.25%
    3. Death Mask
      62.50%
DAoC Community Lead
Broadsword Online Games
Tagged:

Comments

• Can we get more helms instead of masks?

Like the boogey helm on alb for hib and mid or like a different type of winged helm. Something that covers the full head.
  • I agree with nerf on this .
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • At the moment this is just about masks, but we do have other cosmetic things in the works :)
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • when the masks have more detail than the rest of the armor...
  • Death mask lol
  • Paint the death mask green and u have instant Sleestak

4ocplbeql07h.jpg
  • I’d rather save my money
  • Where is the plague doctor mask?? :|
  • The death mask is a little more comical than I'd like but still nice.
  • Sleepwell wrote: »
    Paint the death mask green and u have instant Sleestak

4ocplbeql07h.jpg

omg! too funny!!
  • Classic Nero stuff --- fiddling with masks....oh well
  • edited January 2019 PM
    Post edited by Chronos313 on
  • Absolutely ridiculous and superfluous, who wants to spend money on such a mischief .. Well.

Poor attempt to squeeze the last penny from the remaining players!

Fix all the bugs and above all throw all the cheaters out of the game, then you can talk about whether you throw money for cosmetics out the window!
  • What kind of shrooms is the gfx artist smoking? :#
  • The beast mask reminds me of big trouble little china
  • edited January 2019 PM
    Berserkus wrote: »
    Absolutely ridiculous and superfluous, who wants to spend money on such a mischief .. Well.

Fix all the bugs and above all throw all the cheaters out of the game, then you can talk about whether you throw money for cosmetics out the window!
    [removed]
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
  • Seriously? With all the bugs, broken quests and state of rvr, we are going to focus our resources on masks!!??

I would say I am literally stunned at this, but sadly, I am just getting used to it.
  • Jak wrote: »
    Seriously? With all the bugs, broken quests and state of rvr, we are going to focus our resources on masks!!??

I would say I am literally stunned at this, but sadly, I am just getting used to it.

First time I ever agree with Jak…..
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

• Masks is artwork, dev work on the game didn't stop working on issues, this is all art.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Masks is artwork, dev work on the game didn't stop working on issues, this is all art.

So what is the devs status on bug fixes and is there a list of progress you able to share ?
  • How many people comprise the dev team anyway?
  • edited January 2019 PM
    this is in no way a bash or personal attack, but you should hire a new graphic designer or w/e you call it, just saying

someone who understands the concept of selling something, not making some ugly **** we wouldn't use if it was for free
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • Goodness...masks is artwork. I am not going to even bother explaining what is wrong with this.

I guess I am missing the meaning of significance of art in this particular case. We have an update on frivolous things and polls etc, but we can't get a response to bugs in game that have gone on fooooor years and ignored.

Enjoy the icing as the cake is moldy as heck.
  • Sleepwell wrote: »
    Paint the death mask green and u have instant Sleestak

4ocplbeql07h.jpg

That's good but I was thinking more like the aliens from the movie "They Live"

7irzwfi4r1qv.jpg
  • Berserkus wrote: »
    Absolutely ridiculous and superfluous, who wants to spend money on such a mischief .. Well.

• edited January 2019 PM
    If your going to add art work to the game how about keeping it more about the races and the realms. These are just stupid looking. I wouldn't spend any money on this junk. I would for some actually race and realm gear and mounts. Lets add some cool mounts like Ram mounts and dwarven helms. Take for example King Eririk.

Post edited by Grot on
  • If the guys are bored and want to do some art . Can they draw and add some color to the different realms static tempest ?
    HERORIUS

• I don't get why people upset about helms, but wasn't upset about armor skin change. It was the sole reason to make Cursed armor look crap, so people buy it. At least OW helms look cool anyway, or you can hide it. If people wouldn't buy it, they would stop making it, it's simple, so it's worth doing it while it takes very little time compared to make. I really would like to keep DAoC up, and it's not in a state where this game is a huge cashgrab.

Oh, and ofc people complain who enjoyed much more expensive name/race changes which really takes time away for programming, just LOL.

I admit, I am a ferret, if its shiny, I gonna buy...
  • Grot wrote: »
    If your going to add art work to the game how about keeping it more about the races and the realms. These are just stupid looking. I wouldn't spend any money on this junk. I would for some actually race and realm gear and mounts. Lets add some cool mounts like Ram mounts and dwarven helms. Take for example King Eririk.

I agree with grot they are "stupid looking"
    HERORIUS

• I see the masks as "fluff" and "fun". They are something that no one is required to buy but for those who like them, they add to the fun. They give Broadsword another income stream. I'd love to see masks that were more geared to the era. Cosmetic improvements are always something that will appeal to some and not to others. Not everyone enjoys Wombats for example but some do.
    pq0nlpnbuwn3.jpg

Bumblebunny to the rescue !
This discussion has been closed.