Realm Timer Solution

edited January 2019 in General Board
RvR Realm Timer. If you login before your timer has expired you are ported to pve side of borderkeep and cannot reenter the RVR side until timer is up. Timer=1hour. This would allow people to be able to trade plats/items or not miss important pve events.

Or

RvR Realm Timer. If you login before your timer has expired you cannot gain realm points or bounty points or recieve credit for the rvr quests until the timer has expired. Timer=1hour. It would still allow people to swap realms and defend but they wouldnt be earning realm points/bps necessarily.

ps. also remove ichor cast timer
Post edited by Teehehe on

Comments

• all I hear about the next day from friends is how they almost had the hib relic again and everyone just relogs, and is lame

I def think a realm timer longer than enough time to head to a keep and take it in decent amount of time should be placed in

not to deter or be annoying for people who enjoy playing multiple realms, but just enough to stop people from logging off w/e they doing to swap realms to defend a keep they see undersiege
  • edited January 2019 PM
    15 mins to short, 1h seems to long, perhaps 30 mins ? maybe a bg can head to a keep and take it in 30 mins before everyone can relog to defend

also 30 mins isn't to long to go take a break and fix a snack ect as you wait to play your other realm for the rest of the night
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • I think this would all be settled if there wasn’t a daily siege kill quest. It’s usually the hardest of the 4 to complete in a day. Especially if you are a person that only gets 2 maybe 3 hours to play per day.
  • Also, depending in what time zone you play.
  • Keltorius wrote: »
    I think this would all be settled if there wasn’t a daily siege kill quest. It’s usually the hardest of the 4 to complete in a day. Especially if you are a person that only gets 2 maybe 3 hours to play per day.

Good point. That is certainly the toughest one to do and during a relic siege it is a great way to get alot of siege kills if you are in a good group.
  • still believe the 2 options i listed are the best of what anyone else has suggested
  • Keltorius wrote: »
    I think this would all be settled if there wasn’t a daily siege kill quest. It’s usually the hardest of the 4 to complete in a day. Especially if you are a person that only gets 2 maybe 3 hours to play per day.

Make the quest a weekly, problem solved.
  • Great ideas. I still think a 15 minute timer will be just enough of a nuisance to realm hoppers to deter them from changing sides during a fight, but 30min is fair also... I just don't want it to be any more than 30min because that's where I think the argument comes in that you are starting to restrict access to content of game etc (but that's where @Teehehe 's solution comes in to play where you are only restricted from NF but can still do pve events and craft or whatever
  • Teehehe wrote: »
    RvR Realm Timer. If you login before your timer has expired you are ported to pve side of borderkeep and cannot reenter the RVR side until timer is up. Timer=1hour. This would allow people to be able to trade plats/items or not miss important pve events.

Or

RvR Realm Timer. If you login before your timer has expired you cannot gain realm points or bounty points or recieve credit for the rvr quests until the timer has expired. Timer=1hour. It would still allow people to swap realms and defend but they wouldnt be earning realm points/bps necessarily.

You have my vote.
  • Clumsy wrote: »
    Teehehe wrote: »

Or

You have my vote.

same