Definitive answers

I would like a few 100 % definitive answers..
is the use of 3rd party software or hardware to macro your attacks, movements, and actions allowed.(razor mouse logitech keyboard all use 3rd party software).
What is the scope of broadswords power ( asked before and flately ignored).
i want 100% 1 way or the other. Otherwise it just whose butt ya kiss to cheat.

Comments

• edited January 2019 PM
    I actually would like to see these questions answered as well.

Is it illegal to alt tab and drop traps. (no macro needed)

Can you run multiple computers from 1 household and use AHK on each keyboard ?

example: 3 computers with 3 keyboards

Also:

What is the difference between someone alt tabbing to drop traps and someone alt tabbing to run a minstrel attached to them? (siege buff/croc ring for speed)

Post edited by Natebruner on
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • edited January 2019 PM
    From what I gathered in another thread about this.
    1) You can't use any program to run multiple accounts in NF to kill players.
    2) You can have a bot follow you apparently. But you can't have more than 2 accounts being run by you at one time. Even if alt tabbing to each individual account or on a different computer.
    3) Essentially all you could pull off is 8 traps 4 traps between your two characters, and another 4 after timers.

PS: Don't trust what I say... That's just what I have taken from what was said a while back. This rule seems to morph every time it is brought up.. so who really knows?
    Post edited by Impounded on
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • edited January 2019 PM
    [ToS]
    Post edited by Midithir on
  • edited January 2019 PM
    [ToS]
    Post edited by Midithir on
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Thegenerallee-shadowblade
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

Grumblejr-hero
    Danceswithdebuffs-champion
    Faatkid-druid
  • No macro in rvr zone, it hasn't been allowed for a long time now. I am not sure what is the issue understanding that.
  • Onidakken wrote: »
    I would like a few 100 % definitive answers..
    is the use of 3rd party software or hardware to macro your attacks, movements, and actions allowed.(razor mouse logitech keyboard all use 3rd party software).
    What is the scope of broadswords power ( asked before and flately ignored).
    i want 100% 1 way or the other. Otherwise it just whose butt ya kiss to cheat.

Using a program provided by your mouse/keyboard manufacturer is not cheating. I use the razr program in rvr on all my classes all the time. Every solo has the side/back stun programmed into mouse or keyboard. What is broadsword gonna do? Ban us all? As though the pocket book is deep enough for that... Last I checked they are not actively promoting the game so it is going to slowly die same as it has. If I were you I would fire away with the use of the macro function on your keyboard or mouse.
  • I think

macro programs are fine as long as your just using it for 1 char, like say AHK, not a program to link up multiple chars to 1 set of keys

programs that can edit game play like speedhax, radar not allowed of course

im not sure the rule on playing multiple chars in rvr, lot of people do it in the BG since easy to tag along an extra char in the zerg long as they just have it stuck and not doing anything really, but I think that's the reason nate was banned for having multiple chars, cuz he wasn't linking them to all 1 keyboard

tbh I think you can pretty much do w/e you want till you piss enough people off then they'll do something
  • oh and mouse macros are fine, many people use AHK type things to make 1 button push like 5 dif abilities and that's allowed and has been since the game came out
  • I am so behind the times
  • Well considering macro teams are allowed in poc, but to get there you need to run them 2 by 2, I would assume that regardless of macros, controlling more than 2 characters in a rvr zone is not allowed.
  • edited January 2019 PM
    I never thought dropping traps with 4 wizards from the same household. (2 on each computer)
    and alt-tabbing to drop them would warrant a consequence.

Post edited by Natebruner on
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

• Guess you found out. The question is, will you do it again?
  • Shoke wrote: »
    Guess you found out. The question is, will you do it again?

stay on topic
    HERORIUS

• Natebruner wrote: »
    I never thought dropping traps with 4 wizards from the same household. (2 on each computer)
    and alt-tabbing to drop them would warrant a consequence.

Any action that could be seen as a potential violation of the Macro rule should be done at your own risk. If you were actioned for something, I highly suggest avoiding that activity in the future.
    Moderator - Dark Age of Camelot Official Forums
    Code of Conduct

DAoC resources -
    Facebook Youtube Official Discord
    Camelot Herald DAoC Twitch
    Dark Age of Camelot Feedback Form
This discussion has been closed.