People fighting from out of bounds

edited December 2018 in General Board
I understand sometimes people get zeffered out of the playable area of the map (or under stuff), but arnt they required to make an effort to re-enter the map? we had a group of 3 (Swootspeed, drizztelflord, pxg) who we fought at alb bypass (banana, by alb mile), we killed 2 and one got zeffed up the wall and he ran away (ok np it happens). but then he healed up ran around for a 5-6 min up there so we steathed up and surrounded the hill so we could get him when he came down. however, we noticed that he was rezing his teammates and brought them out of bounds, they then all buffed up and hung out up there for another 15ish minutes until an alb 3 man hit a hib 3-4 man and they jumped down adding and killing everyone.

Does this see like something groups should be doing? a few days ago I had a group of mid hunters that were out of bounds killing people at alb safe port, I reported them but didnt know exactly what you would call this. I feel its exploiting (similar to if i lag jumped up there and used it to my advantage but i just thought i would try to bring some light to the type of behavior we have been having lately late at night).cv4ez6n0b3fo.jpg
uploaded a pic so people could see where they were (red circles show there they are and their names after examining them)
  1. Exploiting?15 votes
    1. Yes
      86.67%
    2. No, they came down after 20 min
      13.33%
Post edited by rocketait on

Comments

• edited December 2018 PM
    I have been zepher'd to that exact spot many times in RvR on my warrior it can be assumed that folks exploit that spot with the help of a friend and exploit it.
    Post edited by Clumsy on
  • Clumsy wrote: »
    I have been zepher'd to that exact spot in RvR before on my warrior it can be assumed that folks exploit that spot with the help of a friend and explot it.

but you ran down rather quickly right? didn't stay up there attacking people (not that you probably had many range attacks)? I under stand its easy to get zeffed up there but we are suppose to re-enter the playable area not rez our group right?
  • He’s a warrior, not much he can do except t throw axes lol
  • Would be interesting to see an Official response to this.
  • Are they standing on the currently closed second safe path ?
  • I think any and all violations are deemed ok, if your doinq it to a 5man stealth qrp ;p
  • Huehuaehue wrote: »
    I think any and all violations are deemed ok, if your doinq it to a 5man stealth qrp ;p

My emotions dictate the same response. However, them remaining up there and further using it to their advantage is exploiting. But given the nature of the exploit I wouldn't expect them to be actioned unless they repeatedly engage in this type of exploit.
  • if was nate he woulda been instantly banned just saying.
    Teehehe wrote: »
    if was nate he woulda been instantly banned just saying.

That's why I said repeatedly engaged. Nate's history of breaking the rules even after having his accounts unbanned from the first large stretch forfeit any expectation of leniency in my opinion.
    Post edited by Sovereign on
  • Fix pathing, pets run right up no problem. Seems the FZ pathing is the same as pet when going through/over zone walls/structures.
  • Huehuaehue wrote: »
    I think any and all violations are deemed ok, if your doinq it to a 5man stealth qrp ;p

Including albs? :D
  • Teehehe wrote: »
    if was nate he woulda been instantly banned just saying.

you can stop gagging on him now..
    Out of bounds! Wtf!
    Post edited by Snaillyn on
  • So cute that @Teehehe pines for a certain someone so publicly
  • wether you like nate or not you cant deny people do way worse stuff then him on forum and in game and go free np
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    So cute that @Teehehe pines for a certain someone so publicly

sorry if i believe in equality when there is plenty of other trash that runs rampant.
  • Please stay on topic.

Thank you.
    Daoc Moderator

Join the official Daoc Discord: >> HERE <<
    Subscribe to the Newsletter: >> HERE <<
    Join our Devs/Knights on Twitch: >> HERE <<

Your Thread was closed to early? Feel free to PM me !
  • @Snaillyn has a point, if pathing was fixed we wouldn't be having this conversation because they would not have been able to get out of bounds.. I guess this should have been two appeals

One for a game braking bug (zef didn't work right, lol does it ever).
    And one for a group exploiting the above bug.

It's sad though that the game has so many well known bugs that I didn't even think to be upset about them not being fixed. The fact that I was pissed at people exploring a bug more the the company not fixing it says something, and might explain why bs never seems to do anything about people publicly useing exploits.

I really don't know how I feel about this though.
  • As a ranger who uses FZ this happens ALOT in EV. It's very frustrating to say the least. I agree with @Snaillyn that they should look into the pathing issue with FZ and fix it if possible.
  • Throw some realm guards up there, something that just deters them back down when they end up out of bounds. That may just cause pets to drop caster speed etc, but it easier then fixing pathing all together. Someone grab the bandaids. :#
  • Definitely FZ. I can’t count the number of times, especially at Mid safe where I zephyr someone and it carries that up on top of the damn walls. Sometimes in a spot I cannot target them to shoot them.
  • If a glacier giant can throw you a couple of zones its easy copy paste of existing code and flag the out of bounds zones to "bounce back"
  • Snaillyn wrote: »
    Throw some realm guards up there, something that just deters them back down when they end up out of bounds. That may just cause pets to drop caster speed etc, but it easier then fixing pathing all together. Someone grab the bandaids. :#

LAVA!