BP Cap

The 500k BP cap needs to go away. It made sense coming into the current patch to force people to spend their BPs and cap them at 500k carry over. However now that this occurred there is no reason to keep the cap in place. When most things will cost 400k + Bps a 500k cap just isn't reasonable.

Why force players to pre-buy the 400k items just to avoid the cap (and then store them In an already limited inventory system) when I should be able to just keep BPS until I actually need something.

Comments

• Ewer wrote: »
    The 500k BP cap needs to go away. It made sense coming into the current patch to force people to spend their BPs and cap them at 500k carry over. However now that this occurred there is no reason to keep the cap in place. When most things will cost 400k + Bps a 500k cap just isn't reasonable.

Why force players to pre-buy the 400k items just to avoid the cap (and then store them In an already limited inventory system) when I should be able to just keep BPS until I actually need something.

Agree'd, if a cap is to be kept in place it needs to be doubled to 1mil
  • Better still, just make BPs account and not character specific. I'd rather have a pool of BPs to make stuff from rather than 70k on one toon and 120k on another, that are stuck there because i'll never play them again.
  • Auberne wrote: »
    Better still, just make BPs account and not character specific. I'd rather have a pool of BPs to make stuff from rather than 70k on one toon and 120k on another, that are stuck there because i'll never play them again.

Agree with that as well. Having 100-300k on toons I rarely play isn't very useful.
  • I also agree. In order to make my shade complete set of curse gear I had to steal BPS from my other toons. At least raise it to 1 million BPS
    Better still, just make BPs account and not character specific. I'd rather have a pool of BPs to make stuff from rather than 70k on one toon and 120k on another, that are stuck there because i'll never play them again.

This.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • If you look at other games with similar caps, I think the idea behind them is to ensure future participation in currency capped events. Is this right or wrong, I haven't made up my mind yet. I'm sure if I were still playing I would find it inconveniencing however, if it ensured or helped keep a healthy amount of players participating in these activities, that too is something to consider.
  • It definitely doesnt promote realm continuity. In order to earn the bp to craft the gear you want to use or sell, it forces you to stay on a particular toon. If its being suggested that realm/account go to a pool i would agree... i think... you're talking about account/alb in a pool, account/mid, and account/hib, correct?. That would promote players to "help" if needed instead of slaving on a particular character because they are really close to the bps they need to purchase something. The greed is real in this game, and the fact that it takes weeks and/or months to earn the bps needed to craft gear suggest even more of a reason to allow pooling per realm.
  • I'm ok with the bp cap at 500,000 but mainly because you can buy an item recipe and throw in the vault. What I would like to see is making the supplies for cause and the kings ale missions repeatable. Lower them both to 50 (instead of 70/70 and 100) and lower the bps awarded to say 10,000-15,000 and make it so they can do them over and over again if they like. It puts more bodies in RvR, which helps the action, and it gives low RR's the chance to obtain items faster if they choose.
  • edited December 2018 PM
    BP cap is fine, its not easy to hit 500k. However, the item prices are ridiculous as I've stated multiple times. It doesn't help anyone really except a few selective one who doesn't really need items anyway. This includes me, I have plats saved up, I have chars I want temped, so all I do on my temped chars is to go RvR and see how little progress one can someone actually make with BPs. No one will get temped by BPs who seriously needs, or run in Epics gear and in need of items.

Edit: However I agree, that BP cap is kind of useless now.
    Post edited by Gavner on

THIS! I have more than enough to create what I need but it is spread out on multiple toons and therefore I can make nothing :(
  • I get why they cut everyone down to the he cap at 500K, but why penalize or cap post patch makes zero sense.

If you are paying 32$ USD why should you hit a hard cap NOW for paying and also playing @John_Broadsword
  • edited December 2018 PM
    I agree
    Post edited by Auberne on
  • Account wide uncapped BP's would ROCK!
  • after the BP wipe, i don't think there is any more purpose in a BP cap.

and yes, making BP account wise instead of personal would make sense for people who play lots of characters instead of just one or two like me.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • I'll state again. I'm not completely opposed to the idea, but i think it should be realm specific, rather than account specific.

In other words

Sleepwell - mid bps in one pool
    Sleepwell - alb bps in one pool
    Sleepwell - hib bps in one pool

There is an investment in each realm.
  • People who PAY, should NOT have a cap.
  • Keltorius wrote: »
    People who PAY, should NOT have a cap.

In an effort to appeal F2P players into a paid subscription, this makes sense to me. BP caps for F2P and no caps for paid. The original cap made sense to prevent the market from flooding. Now it's more of an inconvenience than a stabilizer. Unless BS is going to give us more vault space, the BP cap should be removed.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/