Time to quit ?

cant see spam, cant find action, cant avoid fg/zergs, game looks dead, run around aimlessly with no real direction or guide to action

rp farmers going ham because no one can see their spam anymore

is it just time to stop playing ? or we can have a reponse if it gonna change plz or ?
Tagged:

Comments

• ive no desire to run into 10 stealthers because I cant see where they are at via spam ect ;\

don't evne know how spam works now, we were near berk the other day and an entire zerg wiped and we saw 0 spam, was waiting to see what we were gonna try to do and then realise oh it was over without any spam and we missed the entire thing, as we could see the damn keep in the distance
  • is everyone anon ????
  • Don't let the sneak stab you in the back on your way out.
  • Even if you are anon you see their death spam. Not sure if that is what you mean though 47el.
  • I do agree, this no spam really serves no purpose. I understand that some may have dodged fights because of that.. But it mostly made groups go to the spam and brought more action. It gives them places to check and fight.
    Everything else falls into place. Groups check out spam/swords. Zergs can more easily know how to hit another zerg if they see X swords on the map. (Good AJ) tool for zerg fights. and solos roaming around can avoid or leech the spam/swords.

PS: Crayola boy swapped to midgard to save mids from quitting. Maybe he will come back and "Save" you. You seem to be hurting without him.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • maybe its cuz iplayed a old school bard to rank 10 like OF era, then a shaman rr10 after all in 8v8, but followin spam is how we play, is almost as if they put in arena rvr and totally ruined free roam pvp, which is why we keep play daoc when there is way better games to play ;\
  • Impounded wrote: »
    I do agree, this no spam really serves no purpose. I understand that some may have dodged fights because of that.. But it mostly made groups go to the spam and brought more action. It gives them places to check and fight.
    Everything else falls into place. Groups check out spam/swords. Zergs can more easily know how to hit another zerg if they see X swords on the map. (Good AJ) tool for zerg fights. and solos roaming around can avoid or leech the spam/swords.

PS: Crayola boy swapped to midgard to save mids from quitting. Maybe he will come back and "Save" you. You seem to be hurting without him.

No need to bring the troll into this discussion.

I agree that the spam changes were unnecessary. Broadsword appears to be dodging the question regarding the change. We can only be persistent in requesting a response.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Impounded wrote: »

I play like 1h a day 2x a week with the alb zerg cuz im so bored of solo, but im playin mid now anyway with a friend, so hmpf ! ;p
  • Zerg play is the best option for that kinda play time. I fall in the same category
  • edited December 2018 PM
    No need to bring the troll into this discussion.
    I brought some light banter after making a very serious point agreeing with Heu..

Huehuaehue wrote: »
    I play like 1h a day 2x a week with the alb zerg cuz im so bored of solo, but im playin mid now anyway with a friend, so hmpf ! ;p
    I feel you brotha, it does get harder and harder to maintain interest in the game. But I say stick with it or take a week or two off. Only way to make it fresh.
    Post edited by Impounded on
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • I totally agree, no sense don't know where people are on map... We are 600players when we are a lots, and we've to go somewhere without an end point...
    Aureola BloodWalker - Shadowblade - RR11L1 - Lone Enforcer
  • 1000% agree, please bring back all spam! Not enough players in each “zone” to see where spam is coming from. Everyone paying & playing this game deserves to see where the action is.
    cant see spam, cant find action, cant avoid fg/zergs, game looks dead,

contradict yourself in the first sentence two times, good job.

Post edited by tald on
  • tald wrote: »

You say you can't find action but you just said you want to avoid fg/zerging. Can u please elaborate on how this game is dead please?
  • Youre a zerger and dont expect not to be added on??? bye
    AlbionExiles (Warden) | AlbionExecutioner (Champion) | AlbionExile (Bainshee)
    TheWayForward
  • @hue Not sure why you need spam aren't you the 1 that's normally telling people they just need to go out there and let it fly attempt at killing larger numbers because every1 wins even fights? So wouldn't you not wanna avoid them fgs and zergs for your attempts at glory?
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Thegenerallee-shadowblade
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

Grumblejr-hero
    Danceswithdebuffs-champion
    Faatkid-druid
  • The action was tragic.
    Boduke wrote: »
    @hue Not sure why you need spam aren't you the 1 that's normally telling people they just need to go out there and let it fly attempt at killing larger numbers because every1 wins even fights? So wouldn't you not wanna avoid them fgs and zergs for your attempts at glory?

ya you go out and roam but you don't do it like a blind idiot, you watch spam and avoid the 10+ man stealth grps and the fgs you know are gonna chase you across 7 zones ect, you can see spam and pm people and try to get info, or if you know who killed them alrdy you can instantly head that way and try to fight, not everyone just runs around with a blind fold on hoping they get a kill, or hopping they don't get zerged down

tald wrote: »

contradict yourself in the first sentence two times, good job.

running around aimlessly getting **** on in fights you have no way to win but can avoid might be what you and your friends consider action, but not everyone is terrible at this game
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
    on another note I see since you can rp farm without spam showing and got name changes novoal is back lolol

gogo rp farmers its your season to shine
  • Maybe you need to try something different, Hue. You can still get region info and /rw info. Roaming blind has always been part of the game, death spam or not. Could always play in the BGs if it's really important to you.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
  • i know the whole point is just there is no need to remove it, all it does it help

its like gps, we don't need gps but why the hell would we take it away
  • or like the news in the morning, you can watch where there is accidents and take a different route, you don't need to go get stuck in traffic and be late to know its there and avoid it

with spam you don't have to go run into a 10 man stealth grp and die to know its there, you can simply avoid
  • I agree. Sneaks are stealthy enough, already.
    it boggles my mind they sit and read thro forum posts and edit a word kindergardeners use 3 mins after its posted all day

yet u make a post asking or talking about a question in game and just totally ignored for days and days
  • Remember, mods are volunteers. They don't work on the game itself.
  • and why is BS silent on this topic ?

everyone i know seems to ask to bring this feature back and except for just a couple of people on the forum there doesn't seem anyone who doesn't want this feature that people so depend on, back.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
    Same reason they are silent on most important issues the community has it wasn't on purpose they broke something and have no clue how to fix it.

Or to be fair they assume the population is so low that no1 would notice lack of death spams.
    Post edited by Boduke on
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Thegenerallee-shadowblade
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

Grumblejr-hero
    Danceswithdebuffs-champion
    Faatkid-druid
  • Baiting again Hue? Seems you have much fun on your lock/healer duo ;)

And yes, i want this feature BACK.

• Yea the range is greatly reduced called some Hibs in on some 3-4 Mids at MT as I ran across EV, watched them hit and I took off didn’t even see their dB spam
  • seems like tald is the only one mad that his 8man cant chase down solo and duos as easy with spam

the people have spoke ! please please please we want spam ! o:)
  • Please bring back all spam
  • Huehuaehue wrote: »
    seems like tald is the only one mad that his 8man cant chase down solo and duos as easy with spam

this makes zero sense and you wonder why noone takes you seriously.

• "if the game doesn't show us where people are it will be easier to find where people are" -tald

talkin bout stuff doesn't make sense, uahauheUEHAUhuehauEHEUAuh I love the forums ! :D
  • tald wrote: »
    this makes zero sense and you wonder why noone takes you seriously.

you still try to make people take you seriously on video games ? uhaeuaheUHAUHEuheuaheUEH

no wonder your groups still run around aimlessly like new players who dont use spam :p

aw the young are so cute and innocent o:)
  • Thanks all, we're aware of this and looking into it!

Also again, forum mods just moderate the forum, they have no other powers or anything to do with game issues/questions.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games

Also again, forum mods just moderate the forum, they have no other powers or anything to do with game issues/questions.

thanks very much for the response
    Seems you have much fun on your lock/healer duo ;)

hehe yeah we are having fun, always have fun playing with my friend when hes around, this clip was just today, we are both still learning, well mostly me, but its fun, them early days out ranked and out numbered fights are always a lot of fun^^ :D

(not my pov, im the healer flop)

I seem to remember you picking me up in the game and dropping me into Goldestandt's jaws that one time.
  • Sovereign wrote: »
    Thanks all, we're aware of this and looking into it!

I seem to remember you picking me up in the game and dropping me into Goldestandt's jaws that one time.

I am not a forum mod :)
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games

Beibs flexing out here ;)

tumblr_nqdm1aGuFZ1shyusgo3_500.gif