Mauler: Double effect spells in Aura Manipulation

It's quite a bit annoying needing to switch the stance for changing the effect of the selected spell in Aura Manipulation (e.g. Evade/Staff Weapon skill or Power Drain/Root).

You need extra time and key pressing, have the risk of casting the "wrong" effect and maybe don't benefit from the effect (staff weapon skill-buff).

Can please make it all separate spells oder /use1 and /use2?

Comments

• Of all the recent changes to the Mauler, changing the stance/aura is to me the least annoying. You can qbind this.
    However on the level ONE anytime staff style, Wild Swing, the low penalty-to-hit nerf needs imo to be removed, or at least any 3part chain emanating from this style. Despite the WS and +melee buffs if specced high enough in AM, it is still too far low to connect against most classes in any regularity.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Founder/GM of Ásatrúar, guild of Miðgarðr
    In defense of the Original Spirit of Daoc
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    True to Miðgarðr c.2001
    daocutils.com/chimp/jlfrthjo
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • Thjo wrote: »
    Of all the recent changes to the Mauler, changing the stance/aura is to me the least annoying. You can qbind this.
    I know about it, but my intention is to make it more user friendly and efficient.
  • I agree. Had almost this exact same thought when I was playing my staff mauler. End up casting the wrong spell all the time. I never saw the point of it (combining the 2 spells into 1). Or you go to cast the spell and 5 seconds later realize that it never fired because of the wrong stance.

I also agree with Thjo too... and its an issue with staff spec in general. You cannot hit anybody and when you do...it's not the big 2h hit that you are expecting. My 6.0 staff was hitting for like 200 dmg most of the time, and faster staffs hit like a 1h weapon. I went right back to FW and then pretty much retired the mauler all together.
    Tral