PLEASE bring back all region spam

all I did on my scout was watch for spam and go hunt down the people getting @ posts on the forum

me and my friend duo run around having a hard enough time finding action, please let us continue to use death spam as a way to hunt and find action

the game is not populated enough to not see where people are fighting, and even if it was its nice to see where to avoid also

please bring it back !

Comments

• I agree 100% bring back deathspam.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • I run around hunting spam of people who talk **** or make fun of me on the forums, or i go try to take care of stealth zergs causing my realm problems, its all i enjoy

if i have to just run around aimlessly getting random 1v1's or something i don't know why to even log in ;\
  • edited December 2018 PM
    I used to sent 100+ tells a night asking "where and how many?" but I no longer do that anymore due to the limited visibility or sporadic nature of the spam. The visual representation on the map helps, but often its the kills in between these that help fights happen.
    Post edited by Auberne on
  • @Huehuaehue Who made fun of you? :) I mean, even if we are not buddys, you play decent, doubt anyone made fun of you. Maybe criticize, but I don't remember anyone make fun of you.

Anyway, I didn't have issues with deathspam back then, would love to get them back too.
    I just mean in general, people always talking **** in game or some random forum or some other chat place, regardless if they are terrible or not, so its always fun to be online and see their spam and go to that zone and floss on em :D

if I cant hunt down my foes then whats the point ;\

everyone can go around winning fights all day, its only fun if you go smoke the people who thinks they is all big and bad^^ lol

but if there is no spam and personal fun, we might as well go play some first person shooter or something ;\
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
    I like it when soloing also because I know where to avoid the grps
    Post edited by BurkleyRIP on
  • I agree please bring back all kill/death spam. The only people who would be against it are the ones rp farming themself.
  • thought if you were anon your deathspam didnt show
  • It should show no matter what imo
  • not having that deathspam to guide you takes away so much situational awareness about what's happening and makes the game feel dead. no seeing that there's actual fighting happening really creates an illusion that there is no action.

i would advocate even seeing 100 % of all the killspam, before they changed it, it often happened that i saw a deathblows on my main, while i didn't see it on my BB in godrborg. we should see ALL of it.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • yeah i also noticed on my return to daoc you didn't see all spam anymore and I have always thought that was bad

and now qq, I spent my time on this game leading groups on a bard way back, and then a shaman, reading and following spam is how we play, ignore the noobs go hunt the heavyweights, running around blind is stupid and boring imo ;\
  • I will submit a Grab Bag question regarding this change if @Broadsword doesn't address it on the forums.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • BurkleyRIP wrote: »
    I like it when soloing also because I know where to avoid the grps

Agreed! Also, @Huehuaehue was cracking me up in this post! Revenge truly is a dish best served cold!! Go get em Hue!

• Muylae wrote: »
    not having that deathspam to guide you takes away so much situational awareness about what's happening and makes the game feel dead. no seeing that there's actual fighting happening really creates an illusion that there is no action.

i would advocate even seeing 100 % of all the killspam, before they changed it, it often happened that i saw a deathblows on my main, while i didn't see it on my BB in godrborg. we should see ALL of it.

Agreed. No spam + increased requirements for swords on the map really make things feel dead even when they may not be.
    Late at night no spam + no map icons = every one logs. Half the night is spent looking for people. Make spam global again unless you want us to think game is dead because of the lack of dead people. (Local death spam hurts returning/new players most who don't understand where people go (it's been messed up so much from the good old days of waiting at a bridge or figuring it out from the war map))
    Post edited by rocketait on
  • rocketait wrote: »
    Late at night no spam + no map icons = every one logs. Half the night is spent looking for people. Make spam global again unless you want us to think game is dead because of the lack of dead people. (Local death spam hurts returning/new players most who don't understand where people go (it's been messed up so much from the good old days of waiting at a bridge or figuring it out from the war map))

Make Death Spam Great Again!!!
    Daniellson - Healer
  • Roam, that's the answer that you'd give a solo isn't it hue? There is action out there just gotta go out and find it, sitting in keeps and relic towns waiting to chase spam doesn't create action roaming does.
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Thegenerallee-shadowblade
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

Grumblejr-hero
    Danceswithdebuffs-champion
    Faatkid-druid
  • I think you should be able to see all lvl 50 death spam in any RvR zone, as long as you are in an RvR zone yourself. This would make it harder to cheat. (RP pl in Laby or ML10 etc).
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • you guys got used to having everything on tap, i'm surprised you aren't voting for an RR12 merchant yet.

get out and roam more, there is plenty of action and towers are easier to take now more so than ever.

won my first 1v3 last night at hib maze (they came back with 5), i usually boat to coast > run to maze > solo zone and even at my time of day usually decent action.

you are all to passive, waiting for at your PK/Tower for some spam to tell you were to go next, if you roam, others will roam and the region intel will start flowing and voila.
  • Boduke wrote: »
    Roam, that's the answer that you'd give a solo isn't it hue? There is action out there just gotta go out and find it, sitting in keeps and relic towns waiting to chase spam doesn't create action roaming does.

<3

even found me some faatkid some nights.

/Sshtah
    i do roam, I follow spam, that's how I constantly have fun, action sucks lately, now seein no spam we been havin hard time findin action as a duo ;\

not sure why anyone would tell me to roam, spam is only usefull to people who roam, it doesn't help little hand holdin duelers, obviously I don't sit at duel spot and qq bout no spam ^^
  • Huehuaehue wrote: »
    i do roam, I follow spam, that's how I constantly have fun, action sucks lately, now seein no spam we been havin hard time findin action as a duo ;\

not sure why anyone would tell me to roam, spam is only usefull to people who roam, it doesn't help little hand holdin duelers, obviously I don't sit at duel spot and qq bout no spam ^^

I saw you out today with your duo at Hib Maze, at the time you were in the area

I fought in and around the maze - three 1v1s, one 1v3 and one 1v5. in a matter of 20 minutes - none of them had spam to suggest they were in teh area. Just roaming and chance.
  • Huehuaehue wrote: »

Don't argue with a mute flop.
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • yeah we had a lot of action today to was nice, I think my duo partner had 28 deathblows in less then 2h

but it had been crap for 2 days, anyway its very nice to see spam I just don't see why the need to remove ;\
    Huehuaehue wrote: »
    yeah we had a lot of action today to was nice, I think my duo partner had 28 deathblows in less then 2h

but it had been crap for 2 days, anyway its very nice to see spam I just don't see why the need to remove ;\

it seems to have a positive effect of roaming rvr, ppl aren't porting back every 3 minutes for spam at glen/bled - people are roaming more. its been noticable EU Time and Off Peak Time.

i think its one step in the right direction to bringing back old school random skrimishe(s) and fights rather than having to much information available at your fingers tips which ultimately lets you decide what to do or not to do (in many cases) before you encounter/engage and thats if you choose to engage.

Post edited by tald on
    Roaming is good but I'm talking about 30 people per realm on late at night (some groups think action should be in ev, some near docks. Point is even if we bonce between them, we end up missing each other and spend half the night debating quiting due to lack of people and no action).. if the mids can't understand a flaming keep means we want a fight and instead they want to keep whiping old solo areas, no amount of roaming is going to help us find there group. And my main point was new people/returning players don't know where to roam anymore. (Example about mids could be any realm, not trying to say anything about some late night mid groups)

I feel non global death spam helps premade 8 man vent fights and bot farming more then anything else.
    Post edited by rocketait on
    Roaming is good but I'm talking about 30 people per realm on late at night (some groups think action should be in ev, some near docks. Point is even if we bonce between them, we end up missing each other and spend half the night debating quiting due to lack of people and no action).. if the mids can't understand a flaming keep means we want a fight and instead they want to keep whiping old solo areas, no amount of roaming is going to help us find there group. And my main point was new people/returning players don't know where to roam anymore. (Example about mids could be any realm, not trying to say anything about some late night mid groups)

I feel non global death spam helps premade 8 man vent fights and bot farming more then anything else.

9 times out 10, those groups dont wanna fight the other group anyway.

I mean if you are a premade 8 man and complaining about action and you aren't on EV - I dunno what to say man. You are obviously farming keeps because you are the only group out/on.
    all losing spam does is not allow small mans to avoid fgs and fgs of stealthers, I don't need to go die to 10 stealthers 1-2x before I learn to avoid, I like just seeing it in spam so I know where not to go ;\

I also don't like to run from fg's all night with my duo, its nice to see their spam and go elsewhere
  • tald wrote: »
    you guys got used to having everything on tap, i'm surprised you aren't voting for an RR12 merchant yet.

get out and roam more, there is plenty of action and towers are easier to take now more so than ever.

won my first 1v3 last night at hib maze (they came back with 5), i usually boat to coast > run to maze > solo zone and even at my time of day usually decent action.

you are all to passive, waiting for at your PK/Tower for some spam to tell you were to go next, if you roam, others will roam and the region intel will start flowing and voila.

after 17 years of being directed by deathspam to know where to go or where not to go, few people want to see that changed.

and it makes the game seem extremely dead.

even now i hate that i cant do "/who jamtland" and get an idea about if my realm has a chance of defending Glenlock against herorius's keep take. that's another change i hate that came a while ago. i know that a lot of people just gave up on going to defend a keep due to that.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Ewer wrote: »
    Muylae wrote: »
    not having that deathspam to guide you takes away so much situational awareness about what's happening and makes the game feel dead. no seeing that there's actual fighting happening really creates an illusion that there is no action.

Agreed. No spam + increased requirements for swords on the map really make things feel dead even when they may not be.

agree !!!!

I saw you out today with your duo at Hib Maze, at the time you were in the area

I fought in and around the maze - three 1v1s, one 1v3 and one 1v5. in a matter of 20 minutes - none of them had spam to suggest they were in teh area. Just roaming and chance.

bullshit. you see the spam rougly in the zone you are in now. not map wide.
    yeah we had a lot of action today to was nice, I think my duo partner had 28 deathblows in less then 2h

it seems to have a positive effect of roaming rvr, ppl aren't porting back every 3 minutes for spam at glen/bled - people are roaming more. its been noticable EU Time and Off Peak Time.

i think its one step in the right direction to bringing back old school random skrimishe(s) and fights rather than having to much information available at your fingers tips which ultimately lets you decide what to do or not to do (in many cases) before you encounter/engage and thats if you choose to engage.

rofl. i can see how IRC groups would have wanted this change so people can no longer avoid where they are, but it's not what 90 % of the people wanted.

and improved roaming ? really ? i have seen so much groups just call it a day due to it.

agree this change only helps a few premades and the irc crowd, not the majority of players. and it makes the game look dead.
  • I do miss the spam lol especially when @Sepphiroth75 and @Huehuaehue try to find my little sneaky hunter haha
  • That we didn`t get a official response on this issue makes me think that BS thinks it was always this way, and if not that they don`t know how to fix it, or they don`t wanna fix it.
  • Watched Hib vs Mids fight 2-3fgs didn’t even put swords on the map