did BS change something with the death spam reporting in chat window ?

i seem to see a lot less death spam.
i don't like that. it takes away a lot of situational awareness about what's happening where and it makes the game look more dead if you don't see that constant death spam.
Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.

Comments

• Well maybe less death spam because we are killing less ?
    Bumblebunny to the rescue !
  • Sadly yes they did, undure why, weird change
    AlbionExiles (Warden) | AlbionExecutioner (Champion) | AlbionExile (Bainshee)
    TheWayForward
  • You should be able to toggle on/off your ability to see death spam if you find it too distracting.
  • thought if you were anon your death wouldnt show
  • my BB in godrborg no longer sees ANY death spam.

it seems you only see death spam in the zone you are in ?
    Sovereign wrote: »
    You should be able to toggle on/off your ability to see death spam if you find it too distracting.

Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Sovereign wrote: »
    You should be able to toggle on/off your ability to see death spam if you find it too distracting.

you can actually toggle that by the 'other death' flag in your UI
  • Siambra wrote: »
    Well maybe less death spam because we are killing less ?

I would like to see the death spam from pets - so I can see when Siambra dies to her own Minstrel Pets :P
  • 47el wrote: »
    thought if you were anon your death wouldnt show

i don't think that's the case
  • Less people, less spam.
  • edited November 2018 PM
    Ya, as a returning player having only region death spam makes it hard to find action. Also didn't they mark it global so that people would stop farming there bots and friends in corners of maps and stuff... Kind of hard now to find out where the guy is at night that has 40 death blows is at when next (/stats deathblows) highest is 7 :/
    Post edited by rocketait on
  • Daelin wrote: »
    Siambra wrote: »
    Well maybe less death spam because we are killing less ?

I would like to see the death spam from pets - so I can see when Siambra dies to her own Minstrel Pets :P

That made me laugh.
  • i actually think the changing of the death spam report is a huge thing.

a) it makes the game seem dead, you have no perception that there is actually still fights. in a time when the number of fights you have per hour is at an all time low, not seeing that there is actually fighting is bad.

b) i always watch(ed) death spam closely and when solo or small man or fg, it made me head to certain areas where is saw there were people dying or where there were recognizable names of enemies that i wanted to fight etc. or avoid an area where, in my case, herorius zerg was. example : when i'm in godrborg and i saw xxx was killed by sakibombs in bledmeer, i would port to bledmeer on my savage when solo.

i totally predict that the change to death spam will LOWER the action and make it even harder to find enemies.

if anything, you should be notified by EVERY SINGLE KILL in the fronteer if you have the 'other death's' enabled in the 'messages and channels' of your text window(s).

comment please @Carol_Broadsword , @John_Broadsword

• edited December 2018 PM
    from all the things that happened in last patch, this change is probably what i hated most.

can we please get it undone ? regardless of all the situational awareness that you lose about what's happening, the game just seems dead if you see that little death spam. if you stay in the rvr respawn spot and you don't see any deathspam, it's just depressing.
    Post edited by Muylae on
  • Muylae wrote: »
    i actually think the changing of the death spam report is a huge thing.

a) it makes the game seem dead, you have no perception that there is actually still fights. in a time when the number of fights you have per hour is at an all time low, not seeing that there is actually fighting is bad.

b) i always watch(ed) death spam closely and when solo or small man or fg, it made me head to certain areas where is saw there were people dying or where there were recognizable names of enemies that i wanted to fight etc. or avoid an area where, in my case, herorius zerg was. example : when i'm in godrborg and i saw xxx was killed by sakibombs in bledmeer, i would port to bledmeer on my savage when solo.

i totally predict that the change to death spam will LOWER the action and make it even harder to find enemies.

if anything, you should be notified by EVERY SINGLE KILL in the fronteer if you have the 'other death's' enabled in the 'messages and channels' of your text window(s).

They should provide the option to set death reports to regional or global. That way people can filter out death "spam" if it becomes an issue.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • you can either switch it on or off .. up to recently
  • While I dislike not seeing death spam of other regions due to not knowing your boating/running/porting into something I don't wanna encounter.
    I do like the fact people can't avoid fights all together since they don't have a global warning system.
    Everyone is always complaining roaming is dead well now you have to roam for action no spam chasing.
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Thegenerallee-shadowblade
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

Grumblejr-hero
    Danceswithdebuffs-champion
    Faatkid-druid
  • What i had recently was, that /adv wasn't readable in all zones. As far as I remember it didn't matter where i was ingame, i always was able to read /adv globally.