Missed the Saturday Night BG Battles- Did Albion win the majority of fights combined in 1 bg ?

2»

Comments

• Natebruner wrote: »
    Did you and all the other albs that ran with him quit once because you always died ?

Have you recovered from that?

As I've said in response to your numerous past attempts at deflection, there are many reasons why I quit and that is not relevant to the discussion in your own thread so please don't derail the thread. I continue to wait for unbiased accounts of the performance in question.
  • I've actually seen more positive response than negative. Albs died, mids died, hibs died. Maybe albs died more than usual, but also gained more rps. There something to be said for that. I would much rather spend a fun night dying and killing... and potentially earning rps vs sitting and running circles gaining nothing.
  • Sovereign wrote: »
    Natebruner wrote: »
    Did you and all the other albs that ran with him quit once because you always died ?

As I've said in response to your numerous past attempts at deflection, there are many reasons why I quit and that is not relevant to the discussion in your own thread so please don't derail the thread. I continue to wait for unbiased accounts of the performance in question.

I would actually say that you could answer that question better than anyone. You are in fact a victim of his "leading". You had so much fun that you ended up quitting.

"I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • edited November 2018 PM
    Sleepwell wrote: »
    I've actually seen more positive response than negative. Albs died, mids died, hibs died. Maybe albs died more than usual, but also gained more rps. There something to be said for that. I would much rather spend a fun night dying and killing... and potentially earning rps vs sitting and running circles gaining nothing.

I'd like to see more opinions but I feel this will most likely be the overall impression. Now I won't come out and say that the OP created this thread with the overall purpose of belittling the other Albion BG leader in a effort to make himself feel better and at the same time hopefully leeching some numbers from the other BG leader, but I'm certainly thinking it loudly.
    Post edited by Sovereign on
    I'd like to see more opinions but I feel this will most likely be the overall impression. Now I won't come out and say that the OP created this thread with the overall purpose of belittling the other Albion BG leader in a effort to make himself feel better and at the same time hopefully leeching some numbers from the other BG leader, but I'm certainly thinking it loudly.

I'm more than willing to let it play out and let's see what Rescu can do for a little bit :)
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

I care about what matters - the bg victories

I thought about posting something snarky but this statement really speaks for itself. There is clearly a populace in DAoC that only cares about their win%. No point in arguing the matter. Everyone is free to play how they want within the rules provided.

US Hib BG had a very good weekend, especially on Saturday night. If you want to partake in bringing back the three ways, come join us on Saturday/Sunday evenings starting at 6:30 CST. We don't fear the /release!
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
    Sovereign wrote: »

I would actually say that you could answer that question better than anyone. You are in fact a victim of his "leading". You had so much fun that you ended up quitting.

Your position would only work if you ignore my direct response to your assertion. Again, for those hard of hearing or in this particular instance, hard of reading comprehension, I quit for a variety of reasons. But I will go a step further and state that if I had to choose primary reasons, it would be shrinking player population and age of the game.

Your position would only work if you ignore my direct response to your assertion. Again, for those hard of hearing or in this particular instance, hard of reading comprehension, I quit for a variety of reasons. But I will go a step further and state that if I had to choose primary reasons, it would be shrinking player population and age of the game.

Rescu quit with you. You guys continued to lose and became frustrated.
    You sir are a victim of bad leading which must suck.

On a side note- feel free to enjoy all of Alb Nations victories on my youtube channel. Hit the like button and subscribe now :)
    Post edited by Natebruner on
    HERORIUS

I'm more than willing to let it play out and let's see what Rescu can do for a little bit :)

Do or don't, I don't play so it really makes no difference to me.
    I've actually seen more positive response than negative. Albs died, mids died, hibs died. Maybe albs died more than usual, but also gained more rps. There something to be said for that. I would much rather spend a fun night dying and killing... and potentially earning rps vs sitting and running circles gaining nothing.

True. I get the feeling that if 90% of albs who played Saturday and Sunday spoke out and said they enjoyed themselves... gaining very good amounts of rps, dying often, but creating and participating in action, they would be scoffed at. 90% win rate with 20k rps vs 50% win rate and 100k rps. Who truly wins? Another sample to add into that calculation would be time. Lets say the average player has 2 hours a night to play.

Do or don't, I don't play so it really makes no difference to me.

Surely it does or you wouldn't be here. Most victims in a courtroom struggle to talk about what happened as well.
    I don't blame you.
    HERORIUS

• Sleepwell wrote: »

True. I get the feeling that if 90% of albs who played Saturday and Sunday spoke out and said they enjoyed themselves... gaining very good amounts of rps, dying often, but creating and participating in action, they would be scoffed at. 90% win rate with 20k rps vs 50% win rate and 100k rps. Who truly wins? Another sample to add into that calculation would be time. Lets say the average player has 2 hours a night to play.

"dying often" - If you enjoying losing almost every bg fight. I'm willing to let this play out :)
    HERORIUS

On a side note- feel free to enjoy all of Alb Nations victories on my youtube channel. Hit the like button and subscribe now :)

Well given the very visible lover's quarrel Xyorman and you have been going through on these boards, it seems you yourself have been the victim of "bad leading". I appreciate your offer but I don't watch them however should I ever wish to I can view them the sub-form. After all that forum has such little traffic it provides a wonderful and quiet place to view them.
    Surely it does or you wouldn't be here. Most victims in a courtroom struggle to talk about what happened as well.
    I don't blame you.

It's kind of like when people ask you about your former accounts and you change the subject so I can appreciate your understanding of struggle, however in my case you once again are incorrect. I monitor the forum to see if any of the numerous reasons why I quit are being addressed which might lead me to come back. I will admit I thought about re-upping to try out this latest patch however, after reading the changes and player reaction, I felt it was not enough to get me to re-up.

Well given the very visible lover's quarrel Xyorman and you have been going through on these boards, it seems you yourself have been the victim of "bad leading". I appreciate your offer but I don't watch them however should I ever wish to I can view them the sub-form. After all that forum has such little traffic it provides a wonderful and quiet place to view them.

Xyorman is a good bg leader which I've already stated. We dominated on Midgard while I was the MA. I have no issues with strategies. How could I when we won most of the time.

Rescu plays "open port" and "cut port" and continues to farm his bg night after night.
    HERORIUS

I don't blame you.

It's kind of like when people ask you about your former accounts and you change the subject so I can appreciate your understanding of struggle, however in my case you once again are incorrect. I monitor the forum to see if any of the numerous reasons why I quit are being addressed which might lead me to come back. I will admit I thought about re-upping to try out this latest patch however, after reading the changes and player reaction, I felt it was not enough to get me to re-up.

The information you seek is still playing out. Rescu hits the bold spire if it's blue. He will say "lets open port".

He goes and gets hit by Midgard and /release.

you know the routine... it's not changing.
    Post edited by Natebruner on
    HERORIUS

Xyorman is a good bg leader which I've already stated. We dominated on Midgard while I was the MA. I have no issues with strategies. How could I when we won most of the time.

Rescu plays "open port" and "cut port" and continues to farm his bg night after night.

You'll have to forgive me, the back and forth between you two gave me a very different impression. After all, he's doing what he has always done regardless of you being on his side or not. You have issues with him now that you're on the other side while his tactics remain the same. Something about this doesn't square.
    Post edited by Sovereign on

You'll have to forgive me, the back and forth between you two gave me a very different impression.

I forgive you.
    HERORIUS

The information you seek is still playing out. Rescu hits the bold spire if it's blue. He will say "lets open port".

He goes and gets hit by Midgard and /release.

you know the routine... it's not changing.

We seem to keep coming back to this inability you have to comprehend what you read. I'm concerned with far more than how a particular BG preforms yet you keep insisting different. Now I understand that your overall goal is to belittle other BG leaders' efforts so it's to your advantage to continue to state how terrible they are at every opportunity, however you should do so in a way that it isn't so blatant.

You'll have to forgive me, the back and forth between you two gave me a very different impression. After all, he's doing what he has always done regardless of you being on his side or not. You have issues with him now that you're on the other side while his tactics remain the same. Something about this doesn't square.

You do seem confused. You must have missed all the posts where Midgard is claiming to quit and tired of getting beat down. Don't worry if it's proof you seek- youtube is there when you are ready :)
    HERORIUS

You do seem confused. You must have missed all the posts where Midgard is claiming to quit and tired of getting beat down. Don't worry if it's proof you seek- youtube is there when you are ready :)

In my defense, I think most people could get a little confused attempting to match up your interpretations of statements with reality. Don't judge me too harshly.

In my defense, I think most people could get a little confused attempting to match up your interpretations of statements with reality. Don't judge me too harshly.

I'll try not to.
    HERORIUS

• I love the backward logic of the OP, because we never fight and only camp, we never "lose", If I fought a force with x times the numbers and never attacked again (regardless if had lower or higher numbers) then guess what, the win ratio is 100%... awesome.... also completely meaningless.

This game is about action, win, lose or draw, I think BS need to act on something to cause more action not allow for an entire bg with multiple potential active roaming groups in it to camp and wait for nothing to happen, possibly 1 - 2 fights in an entire night seems like a waste of everyones time. It doesn't really bother me as majority of my time is roaming (although I do like a good siege fight now and then) just confused how so many albs don't resent that kind of action.
    AlbionExiles (Warden) | AlbionExecutioner (Champion) | AlbionExile (Bainshee)
    TheWayForward
  • I love the backward logic of the OP, because we never fight and only camp, we never "lose", If I fought a force with x times the numbers and never attacked again (regardless if had lower or higher numbers) then guess what, the win ratio is 100%... awesome.... also completely meaningless.

This game is about action, win, lose or draw, I think BS need to act on something to cause more action not allow for an entire bg with multiple potential active roaming groups in it to camp and wait for nothing to happen, possibly 1 - 2 fights in an entire night seems like a waste of everyones time. It doesn't really bother me as majority of my time is roaming (although I do like a good siege fight now and then) just confused how so many albs don't resent that kind of action.

You don't like bgs. You like to 8 man.
    You get rolled bgs and get mad.
    HERORIUS

I love the backward logic of the OP, because we never fight and only camp, we never "lose", If I fought a force with x times the numbers and never attacked again (regardless if had lower or higher numbers) then guess what, the win ratio is 100%... awesome.... also completely meaningless.

Incorrect, I don't mind bg's, bg's however, should do something "productive" camping is not that.

Incorrect, sometimes bg's roll me, sometimes I roll bg's it's all good, I'm not mad, it's only a game. I'm just confused why albs would want to be part of a camp-a-lot no action bg is all :) If that's what albs enjoy doing, then they should do that I guess?
    TheWayForward
    I love the backward logic of the OP, because we never fight and only camp, we never "lose", If I fought a force with x times the numbers and never attacked again (regardless if had lower or higher numbers) then guess what, the win ratio is 100%... awesome.... also completely meaningless.

Incorrect, I don't mind bg's, bg's however, should do something "productive" camping is not that.

Incorrect, sometimes bg's roll me, sometimes I roll bg's it's all good, I'm not mad, it's only a game. I'm just confused why albs would want to be part of a camp-a-lot no action bg is all :) If that's what albs enjoy doing, then they should do that I guess?

"sometimes I roll bg's"

lol - you do this alone? or this is your 8 man lol ?
    HERORIUS

"sometimes I roll bg's"

lol - you do this alone? or this is your 8 man lol ?

you pick
    TheWayForward

"dying often" - If you enjoying losing almost every bg fight. I'm willing to let this play out :)

Lets communicate then. If said bg is up for 3 hours. What is better. Fighting and losing 50% of the fights and bg participants earning @ 50-70k each, or making sure you win 90% of the fights and bg participants making 20k each? This isn't a bait. It may feel like it. I'm genuinely interested in your response. Some people feel that winning is worth that much. I personally will trade win % for more rps and action. To each his own though.
    This game is about action, win, lose or draw, I think BS need to act on something to cause more action not allow for an entire bg with multiple potential active roaming groups in it to camp and wait for nothing to happen, possibly 1 - 2 fights in an entire night seems like a waste of everyones time.

I like it. Maybe not penalize for keeps, but you could treat KM similar to POC. Create a timer that would cause a disease/damage effect on players who camps in KM for over 10 minutes. I'd love to see mass spam. [insert player name] was killed in EV by camping. Hahaha.. all realms would be susceptible. "Camping" would dominate the weekly rps.
    Post edited by Sleepwell on
    Would be funny to see
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • I prefer the 100k+ a night compared to sitting in a keep for hours. But you can ask the people I group with, I hate standing still. I have a form of daoc ahdd.
  • Minibard wrote: »
    I prefer the 100k+ a night compared to sitting in a keep for hours. But you can ask the people I group with, I hate standing still. I have a form of daoc ahdd.

I agree. I lean toward risking it for the reward. Two different styles though. Guarantee that you win the higher % at the cost of fewer rps vs possibility of earning more rps with more deaths. Those /releases are overwhelmingly painful to some.
  • Gotta risk it for the biscuit feller :)
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
    I prefer the 100k+ a night compared to sitting in a keep for hours. But you can ask the people I group with, I hate standing still. I have a form of daoc ahdd.

I also suffer from this. Even when inside a keep/tower, I run around aimlessly. :p
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • As per #2 in the Code of Conduct:

Personal attacks are not allowed. Please treat all posters with respect and courtesy.

Please keep the discussion on topic rather than personal.

Thank you.

Daoc Moderator

Join the official Daoc Discord: >> HERE <<
    Subscribe to the Newsletter: >> HERE <<
    Join our Devs/Knights on Twitch: >> HERE <<

Your Thread was closed to early? Feel free to PM me !

I also suffer from this. Even when inside a keep/tower, I run around aimlessly. :p

hahaha... been there... usually straffing left and right until i fall asleep or my fingers cramp
  • Good news is all the albs should be at max siegecrafting with all the spare time. I too get antsy when sitting too long, I’ll either log something else or just log off completely.