Lets brainstorm some ideas for premium features for once F2P is released

edited November 2018 in General Board
1. Realm switching. Timers should be in place for F2P to stabilize populations.
2. Account-wide stash.
3. "Gear Sets": put equipment or items all into a template and swap with one click when you're out of combat and somewhere with supply lines.
4. "Limited multi-player" accounts. Let you "play" more than one character on an account at a time, perhaps by letting you swap characters instantly. i.e. maybe you could play your Caster while you idle a Tank at a keep, and just switch between them with a button press just like dual-logging but with more system support and contained on one account. You could thus do interesting things like split screen while your kid/friend plays a lowbie while you PL them, etc.
5. A "household" account system; manage non-active chars like NPCs while you're playing. Say, letting them perform specialized duties like pick up/mule your loot for you, act as NPC keep guards for your guild-claimed keep, deliver items between characters, fetch stuff on consignment merchants, join your group as an NPC, help you craft, etc.

What do you guys think would be good but not P2W/unfair premium benefits?
Post edited by Ylazul on
Minstrel. Thane, Druid
Heretic, BD, Animist
Mauler

Comments

• free accounts with severe limitations will face rr 11+ players on average, in templates beyond the ability of the free account players on average, it will be like fishing in a fish pond, with dynamite. how are any of those players supposed to keep playing for more than a week without getting discouraged and quitting ?
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    free accounts with severe limitations will face rr 11+ players on average, in templates beyond the ability of the free account players on average, it will be like fishing in a fish pond, with dynamite. how are any of those players supposed to keep playing for more than a week without getting discouraged and quitting ?

Yep, that's why I'm concerned with the RP throttling and caps. 3L9 is not much at all and I can't see someone staying committed to it. 1 character slot I think is too limiting as well.
    Minstrel. Thane, Druid
    Heretic, BD, Animist
    Mauler
  • IMO, letting F2P members receive items from other players would be enough. They'll get nowhere without a good template and I know alot of people willing to help out new incoming players in game with great gear. RR is not telling of the outcome of a fight but Temped vs untemped is basically free rps 90% of the time. Letting them get a taste of an actual win but not the ability able to surpass a certain realm rank is enough incentive to get them to sub and access that. Providing them with the ability to receive items from paying members would give them more survivability in RvR and provide a more entertaining, fun, and challenging experience which would most likely lead to a sub.
  • Yeah. Or maybe upgrade the kings gear to usable status. Right now it does little to nothing. Might as well be naked
  • ftp will end this game.
  • some of your ideas are good but will never be implemented due to dev limitations i think. hell they can't put a mail system in game even when shards can. might aswell switch official daoc to dol lol

anyway imo f2p as it is planned right now will be useless, need a lot less restriction. i still think a fresh start server should be considered and as i said a lot less restriction, maybe use the new shop more to have people spend 15-30 there instead of the sub that doesn't make sense anymore in this game
  • Lot of good ideas here how about this for the high rr players and low rr players problem.
    Give the high rr players more realm points proportionally with the amount of low rr players that are in a group.
    As you get high rr your realm point growth rate slows down so putting more low rr in a group would kinda balance that out.
    Maybe would encourage high rr players or groups to invite said players.
    The same logic could be used in guilds as well invite more low rr players the guild rr bonus goes up.
    We need a form of mentoring in this game to encourage new or old players back.
  • Skywalker wrote: »
    some of your ideas are good but will never be implemented due to dev limitations i think. hell they can't put a mail system in game even when shards can. might aswell switch official daoc to dol lol

anyway imo f2p as it is planned right now will be useless, need a lot less restriction. i still think a fresh start server should be considered and as i said a lot less restriction, maybe use the new shop more to have people spend 15-30 there instead of the sub that doesn't make sense anymore in this game

True many would be pretty hard to implement. The limits set on F2P players do look extremely harsh.
    Minstrel. Thane, Druid
    Heretic, BD, Animist
    Mauler
  • Brut wrote: »
    Lot of good ideas here how about this for the high rr players and low rr players problem.
    Give the high rr players more realm points proportionally with the amount of low rr players that are in a group.
    As you get high rr your realm point growth rate slows down so putting more low rr in a group would kinda balance that out.
    Maybe would encourage high rr players or groups to invite said players.
    The same logic could be used in guilds as well invite more low rr players the guild rr bonus goes up.
    We need a form of mentoring in this game to encourage new or old players back.

• edited November 2018 PM
    Re-raising this. Right now, /title has no real benefit. It could be so much more. Given the number of /titles available to each character and the fact that they are not linked to any kind of reward or bonus system, I want to propose combining the two in order to make flagging up a title actually worth something.

I started out by detailing each of the current titles by group and then started thinking about what kind of reward might suit and how the incremental bonus would work. Clearly greater minds than I could work out the detail and balance the list below, but it's a start and is aimed at promoting discussion.

k3a0b8dq8b59.jpg

How would it work?

• Every realm would benefit equally, with no realm-specific bonuses that cannot be earned by another
    • Players could further customize each of their characters by setting a title.
    • Bonuses would be linked to character development and maturity. The more accomplished a character, the more bonus types would be available to them
    • Values would rise in line with difficulty, leading to proportionally greater bonuses at the top end
    • Title switching would be limited to once per hour to prevent people macroing /title changes and using them situationally.
    • Only one title bonus can be in effect at any one time.
    • Bonuses would be associated with RvR, PvE, crafting and other more passive ones like "time played"
    • Depending on what title is set, a character can benefit from increased RPs, reduced crafting times / cost, offensive and defensive bonuses, additional coin and XP etc.
    • Each benefit would only be active in accordance with certain conditions, e.g. RVR zone, DF, keep radius
    • As new quests and titles are added to the game, new rewards can be introduced
    • Bonuses would stack on top of any other existing bonuses (e.g. items, broadsword-specific)

The values would be set by Broadsword in line with other types of similar bonuses and balanced accordingly. It's not there to replace other bonuses but to enhance them. It also helps promote a bit of realm loyalty, as time played = better bonuses for yourself. BS would need to discuss all the salient points, as with any change. Unfortunately you're not going to get away from "the rich get richer" issue as you're linking time played to bonuses (just like realm point rewards), however with realm loyalty and investment in RVR (and PVE/Crafting etc) you're at least rewarded for playing your toon and you can gain bonuses pretty quickly. Within a few weeks, a fresh 50 could have a bunch of bonuses to select from.
    Post edited by Auberne on
    147.jpg 574.2K
  • I like the titles thing