Simply Not Worth It

edited November 2018 in General Board
Activated 2 days ago, spent my entire afternoon "participating" in a so called "Cursed Raid" and this was by far the most disappointing experience of any game ive ever played. After about 100 random Disconnects from players, Bugged completion Credit and people not listening to the instructions given by the leader of this thing and nearly everyone wiping to the boss Putrid. I ended my experience 4 hours later with 0 credit. 2 days after activating my account, im now deactivating. This game is LITTERED with bugs and horrible content, i honest to god have no idea why anyone is paying a monthly fee for...THIS. People keep saying its all about the RVR. Well let me tell you, its not worth the hassle or money to get equipped for RVR. I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone in fear of embarrassing myself and my credibility.
Post edited by Zonq on

Comments

• Yeah. Several months of trying/waiting/hoping for Cursed Glove groups I gave up, too. Now they expect me to craft them with bounty points that took me 15 years to accumulate. Righhht. So. No gear/ no RVR. No $ for them.
  • Lol, it's not nearly that bad. But sad to see you go. Have a good one :)
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • edited November 2018 PM
    Blame heretics. To be frank, Albs deserve everything they get after the patch. Nice to see things are so harmonious over there. Keep up the good work. On a personal note, shame that game mechanics forced you to quit.
    Post edited by Auberne on
  • Tully did a great job leading another raid. My heretic and group got credit for the entire 1-8.

He waited for lds.

If you miss a step or afk at all.. you prolly gonna have a problem.

Everyone who was in discord got credit.
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • Clearly, not eveyone.

I agree, the bugs are terrible and really need to fixed.

The ld issues are worse than they have ever been before and clealy not fixed ie Jord crashes still.

The community needs more bodies and this is certainly not helping that issue.

Sorry to see you go. If you were on Mid, i would be happy to give the scrolls for it (heck, I don't even know if they are tradeable).
  • Jak wrote: »
    Clearly, not eveyone.

The ld issues are worse than they have ever been before and clealy not fixed ie Jord crashes still.

Sorry to see you go. If you were on Mid, i would be happy to give the scrolls for it (heck, I don't even know if they are tradeable).

Reading comprehension- Everyone in discord got credit.
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

• Sounds like the same thing that happened when I ran through curse on alb a few months ago. Was only time I ever did an alb curse raid. It’s by far the buggiest one for some reason.
  • It wasn't bugs; it was the lack of players combined with the importance of having the item(s). Farming a single step for aurulite got old before I even started doing it. Too. We always had bugs. There just aren't enough people playing to have fun grinding the crap we always HAVE to have and can somehow never quite afford. I don't mind running older gear, either when there are enough players to bg up to have numbers to compensate. It's basically all about the population. I have no desire anymore to log in to run in only one of the 3-4 bgs which are out. Which amounts to a couple hours a day if I'm lucky (and don't mind switching realms). There is no way to solo with one account. Groups are available only when someone needs something. Never just for fun. Sure, some folks have their old buddies and so forth but for the most part there is no point paying to farm something I'll never have enough of. The game is simply not worth it. I believe my years of faithful play justify my rant. Maybe, someday, some changes will make it fun again. Till then...thanks for the memories.
  • JakJak
    edited November 2018 PM
    Natebruner wrote: »
    Jak wrote: »
    Clearly, not eveyone.

I wasn't directing any of my comments to you....so take your comments elsewhere. Now, I am now directing it at you.

The person is voicing his/her issues, not everything is about you.
    Post edited by Jak on
  • Jak wrote: »
    Natebruner wrote: »
    Jak wrote: »
    Clearly, not eveyone.

I wasn't directing any of my comments to you....so take your comments elsewhere. Now, I am now directing it at you.

The person is voicing his/her issues, not everything is about you.

Again this goes back to reading comprehension. I was the only person in this post who stated that "everyone' got credit who was in discord. You then replied "clearly not everyone" right after I posted.

This might be a strong indication of why Albion wins 90% of the time.

HERORIUS

• Natebruner wrote: »
    This might be a strong indication of why Albion wins 90% of the time.

Define time... During EU prime time this is clearly not the case. It's more like 90% loss at this time of the day.
    And yes, I had three people in my group during the curse raid who didn't get all credits. Unfortunately Zonq was one of them, and he was always with the group. So I don't know why he didn't get credit, but others in the group finished all steps successfully, including myself.
  • Curse raid needed to be toned down to 1fg MONTHS ago... And to people saying it technically CAN be done with 1fg is missing the point. You should be able to do curse 1-8 with a fg not composed of the perfect setup. It needs to be more casual. Jesus Christ for all the bugs Curse has had from the beginning they should of scrapped the campaign completely. I'm always thinking how embarrassed broadsword must be at the amount of buggy content and overall unfriendly campaign this has been
  • I had actually meant to delete that comment about clearly not all, but it was inadvertantly missed.

I did not want to derail this persons post and make into yet another narcissistic thread of a certain individual.

Op certainly has legitimate issues about the game and the bugs that continue to plague it.
  • tully always leads good raids---
    and tells all to delete quests, have room in bags, and no friggin fire on putrid lol.......

now getting a curse 9/10 group is another matter :)