Sunday - Hib BG - US Prime

Thanks to all who came out tonight! We're slowly building into something fierce. I'll lead again next Saturday and Sunday evening starting around 6:30 CST. I have a Discord server going but would be willing to run a TeamSpeak server if preferred. Cast your votes below. Let's bring back the three way!

- Shaylon
  1. Preferred voice comm for Hibernia BG13 votes
    1. Discord
      61.54%
    2. TeamSpeak
      38.46%
"The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
"The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
"Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/

Comments

• Was good to see ya out Beetle
  • Maybe some of “campground nation” will switch to hib with an aggressive leader and actually have something to fight. I’m gathering plat and gonna temp out a chanter as a change of pace. Hopefully be able to have options besides log in alb and sit half afk in a keep, or mid where we circle constantly looking for stuff to kill which gets way too boring :(
  • BurkleyRIP wrote: »
    Maybe some of “campground nation” will switch to hib with an aggressive leader and actually have something to fight. I’m gathering plat and gonna temp out a chanter as a change of pace. Hopefully be able to have options besides log in alb and sit half afk in a keep, or mid where we circle constantly looking for stuff to kill which gets way too boring :(

Yeah I agree, it's confusing why Midgard (with 2x numbers) will absolutely refuse to hit where the albs are. Hopefully Beetle can get a sizeable hib BG running to make some fun fights during US prime.
  • Amp. No offense to you but spam numbers don’t lie and it’s never a 2:1 ratio. A lot of the time rescu and his bg are there or show up as well as ewer. Spam numbers are usually within 8-16 of each other going both ways. Just because those separate bg’s aren’t in your bg, doesn’t mean they don’t count
    Amp. No offense to you but spam numbers don’t lie and it’s never a 2:1 ratio. A lot of the time rescu and his bg are there or show up as well as ewer. Spam numbers are usually within 8-16 of each other going both ways. Just because those separate bg’s aren’t in your bg, doesn’t mean they don’t count

Agree'd. I like Rescu, but if there is an option to go 1-8 with 15k rps or 0-0 I'd rather go 0-0. Mid BG doesn't need to hit Nate especially when Rescu is on because he'll feed them rps.
  • edited November 2018 PM
    If ego would step aside and Nate would combine with rescu, it would be a different story, or rescu combine with Nate. Both scenarios are highly unlikely though.

Edit: personally I’d rather go 1-8 and get 15k and actually do something other than sit in a keep. I couldn’t care less how often I die. This is what Nate preached when he first went to alb, I was playing a cabby and would die 100 times, but at least it was some rps and action
    Post edited by BurkleyRIP on
    If ego would step aside and Nate would combine with rescu, it would be a different story, or rescu combine with Nate. Both scenarios are highly unlikely though.

Edit: personally I’d rather go 1-8 and get 15k and actually do something other than sit in a keep. I couldn’t care less how often I die. This is what Nate preached when he first went to alb, I was playing a cabby and would die 100 times, but at least it was some rps and action

We've been doing better flanking Rescu. Unfortunately he absolutely will not concede to Nate, and he's made some really bad hits, circa the infamous "open field - Tower hit" lol.

I don't mind dying, but I'm not gonna play to be fodder for mid/hibs. It's a double edged sword, but if they don't want to hit us, I certainly don't mind playing the "waiting game".
  • Lol they rather camp boldian or any keep all night instead come out and fight /clap.
  • Eithne wrote: »
    Lol they rather camp boldian or any keep all night instead come out and fight /clap.

By "come out and fight" do you mean dying? Mid knows where we are, why don't they attack with more numbers?

You can sit in Bold and avoid /releasing or you can run with Xyorman and take towers/avoid fights. What's the difference?
    Honestly, both sides are guilty here. Albs only come out and engage late at night when they have the #'s, so to criticize Mid is pretty hypocritical imo. Also, Albion HAS the #'s, but you have two leaders who don't get along. That is not Mids fault. They have to account for both of those BG's since on many incs Rescu or Nate will assist the other.

On the flip side, would it be so bad foro every once in awhile Midgard to attack a defended keep if they know they have more people?
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • This is why i always come back to wanting realm timers.

I'm guilty of doing just what happens here. I get bored.... i wont run circles or sit in a keep for long. @RonELuvv knows me very well. He knows thats why i end up with 6 more 50's each week.

I know people balk at the idea of realm timers, but its so so very easy to see the tides change due to them. It happens when Hero logs on... it happens when Hero logs off.. it happens during US primetime all to often as well. As a guilty party, i would accept this with stipulations. Many threads have been started regarding this, and i still would like to see something done to prevent it (switching realms on a whim to join the larger bg)
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    Honestly, both sides are guilty here. Albs only come out and engage late at night when they have the #'s, so to criticize Mid is pretty hypocritical imo. Also, Albion HAS the #'s, but you have two leaders who don't get along. That is not Mids fault. They have to account for both of those BG's since on many incs Rescu or Nate will assist the other.

On the flip side, would it be so bad foro every once in awhile Midgard to attack a defended keep if they know they have more people?

Very true. Agree with this post.
  • Fearing the /release is probably the biggest disease in this game. I understand that it can get expensive if you're using buff potions, but that's only a recent development in the history of DAoC. I definitely fall on the side that would rather die and get a few RPs than sit around snoozing.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
  • I linked last nights fight of alb nation vs hib bg for your viewing pleasure
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • I believe I understand the logic that Nate, Rescue, Beetleguisse and Hero use when deciding what to do. I understand not attacking EV center keep as it is difficult to take when defended. I'm still fuzzy on why Mids on US prime-time don't attack an Alb defended keep? Are defended keeps that difficult to take ?
    Bumblebunny to the rescue !
    Natebruner wrote: »
    I linked last nights fight of alb nation vs hib bg for your viewing pleasure

The Bold fight was a better indicator of our BG size. That was my PUG later in the night after the other groups logged. But hey, if you keep camping, the Hib BG will keep growing =).
    Post edited by Tyrantanic on
  • So you have 2 videos to enjoy :)
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

• Siambra wrote: »
    I believe I understand the logic that Nate, Rescue, Beetleguisse and Hero use when deciding what to do. I understand not attacking EV center keep as it is difficult to take when defended. I'm still fuzzy on why Mids on US prime-time don't attack an Alb defended keep? Are defended keeps that difficult to take ?

This isnt Mid specific. Ask any bg leader why they dont attack a defended keep.

It's pretty much the same reason accross the board, and to point out to only one realm does this is ludicrous... all realms are guilty. Ive been on each realm at one time or another that does the absolute same thing..
  • Hero attacks defended keeps with numbers
    HERORIUS

• Good point :)

I was focused on US Prime-time so picked on Mids. Sometimes each realm will attack a defended keep and those have been great fights. Maybe my question should be - What are the deciding factors to make the decision to attack a defended keep?
  • Natebruner wrote: »
    Hero attacks defended keeps with numbers

So, its a question for Nate or Xy then. I'm sure we all know the answer. No one wants to die. So camp mode or running in circles goes into affect. Its good for my Xmas stocking though. Another 2 or 3 ywains full of level 50s.
    I've played in the mid and alb bg recently. I see the same results. Each bg wants a tactical advantage.

Nate is patient and will camp in a keep or KM and wait out the mid bg if necessary. He has admitted to multi tasking and working on his fantasy football while doing so... im all for multi-tasking!..

Xy will run around in circles waiting for an indication of where the alb bg is via spam or stealth info.

To give my opinion @Siambra , Xy does not attack a keep defended by Nate due to the other bg. Lets skew the numbers for a scenario. Say mid bg is 80. Say Nates bg is 50 or 60. Say Rescu bg is 25 or 30. Fairly equal when you add up mid vs alb. Now give the tactical advantage to the defender, right? Put Nate in bold.. why would Xy attack Nate when he is being hit from the keep and Rescu can come hit from the side... making a mid sandwhich.

Flip it.. Would Nate and Rescu attack Glen with Xy camped inside? Use the numbers above.

Numbers fluctuate constantly as well. Many such as myself will tolerate camping or circling briefly, then boredom sets in. I'll go for instant action in molvik on hib/mid/or alb rather than waiting it out. I've seen a lot more people from each side doing the same thing. Just the current state of the game and i don't see it changing anytime soon.
    Post edited by Sleepwell on
  • Is there anything that would make attacking a defended keep any more enticing ? Some of the recent changes help to make a lightly defended keep harder to take. Is there anything that would encourage attacking a defended keep ?
  • woot always love the hib bg ! ;p <3

• Video section Hue :wink:
  • Siambra wrote: »
    Is there anything that would make attacking a defended keep any more enticing ? Some of the recent changes help to make a lightly defended keep harder to take. Is there anything that would encourage attacking a defended keep ?

Good question. With an unwillingness to die,i doubt it. Thats from any perspective. It was mentioned that Hero will attack a defended keep. I have seen him log as well after 2 or 3 wipes vs numbers at a defended keep or otherwise. None are immune to that imho.
  • Eithne wrote: »
    Lol they rather camp boldian or any keep all night instead come out and fight /clap.

By "come out and fight" do you mean dying? Mid knows where we are, why don't they attack with more numbers?

You can sit in Bold and avoid /releasing or you can run with Xyorman and take towers/avoid fights. What's the difference?

your constant more numbers argument is tiring and wrong --- but you seem to enjoy sitting and paying to do so <shrug>

• Sleepwell wrote: »
    Siambra wrote: »
    Is there anything that would make attacking a defended keep any more enticing ? Some of the recent changes help to make a lightly defended keep harder to take. Is there anything that would encourage attacking a defended keep ?

Good question. With an unwillingness to die,i doubt it. Thats from any perspective. It was mentioned that Hero will attack a defended keep. I have seen him log as well after 2 or 3 wipes vs numbers at a defended keep or otherwise. None are immune to that imho.

It's a zero sum game. Someone is going to lose; however, losing has no inherent penalty on gameplay. I don't understand the desire of needing to dominate every encounter.
  • Albs and Mids had equal number Saturday (90s) and Sunday(70s) don’t know why people are saying Mids had more numbers and wouldn’t attack a camp keep.
    What it all boils down to is neither BG wants to feed the other BG RP. Alb see they can’t win in open field with equal or less number, so they camp up hoping the Mids will attack. Mids know they can’t win a camp keep with equal or less numbers, so they roam hoping the Alb BG will come out. It’s just a stalemate with neither BG wanting to feed the other RPs.
    If the Alb BG come out with a large number advantage than they will roam and take keeps and do anything to get a fight and RPs, just like the Hib BG does during Euro prime time when there are not many defenders to stop them.
  • Xyorman wrote: »
    Eithne wrote: »

your constant more numbers argument is tiring and wrong --- but you seem to enjoy sitting and paying to do so <shrug>

It's not an argument, it's facts lol. I just find it hilarious that the guy actually RUNNING the BG lies about his numbers.
  • keep spam on Rena....89. thats without Clumsy group (who i died to running back from Catterick to Bold. add that, which Clumsy is always with the mid bg for fights, makes for 96. We had a combined 65 in BOTH bgs.. yeah we'll come out so we can be rolled... ffs.. just admit it. Stop playing as if you only have three groups and albs wont fight.
    @Amp_Phetamine , im sorry, but i've ran in both bgs. Its not inflated or deflated. .

Each side always says that the other bg is larger.. period. But i've been there.. if im in mid bg i have no real idea other than seeing spam from guards. IF i see spam from guards while playing on mid, and that spam says 60, and its pretty apparent that it is Nate bg.. then in fact, the alb bg is not just 60... its 60 + at least 20 from rescu bg that you arent accounting for. Thats been stated hundreds and hundreds of times in here. It isnt mid fault that those 2 bgs do not coordinate. That being said.. they take advantage of the situation. If mid had 80.. and attacked bold defending with 60... why would Rescu not try to hit from behind with their 20-30? That doesnt mean that mid chooses not to attack fewer numbers. You're not that naive.

I have been on alb and sat in km for 30 mins while doing a /bg count and we had 78 (last time i did that). Sat in km waiting for mids to attack with who knows how many they had.. but i can only assume equal numbers... got tired of waiting and logged to play a molvik toon.

When will people quit blaming the other side. If you want action, create action... no matter what side it is... otherwise, please quit complaining about it, or do like me.. log into molvik.. action has been increasingly stable there.. im assuming that is due to the stale level 50 rvr as of late.
    Post edited by Sleepwell on
  • I will just keep taking screenshots of keep spams, and bg size, to post for all. That way Cryorman's bs will be shown to the masses and we can let them decide who is truthfull or full of crap... just saying

• Spam all you want... account for 2 bgs.

If you see mid spam of 10 at a tower, do you assume that the bg is 10? or do you assume that it is an independent group taking a tower... see how that works? it is very well known that Rescu will not run with Nate, or anyone else for that matter. He chooses to do his own thing, but that doenst mean that mid or hib for that matter should not figure that number into the equation does it?
  • It's not spam.. its WELL know that the mid bg will hang back and send one group to a tower to bait albs, then the rest come in. Mids need some new tactics.. Cutting ports at bold, rena, hurb, running in circles with more numbers isnt working. Rescue has about 24-30 in his bg. If Nate's has 50, thats 80 at most. Keeps spams of 89 mids with side groups hanging around with the bg. Yeah.. simple math
  • I agree its NOT mids fault that the two alb bgs dont work well together. At the same time, Nate's bg isnt going to play into what the mids want. So try something different. We aren't going out just to get farmed and give the Mids rps "cuz its fun" to fight a losing battle.
  • This thread is getting derailed again between the Mid/Alb BG. I have provided my two cents on the matter. If you don't care about winning/losing, join my BG on the weekends. For those who feel compelled to dominate, take your pick between camping a keep or running in circles around said keep. Either way, Hibs will have action. This is the benefit of having three realms as opposed to two stagnant factions.
  • my bad beetle! .. i shall refrain!
  • again .. great fight at bold last night!
  • Bowatg wrote: »
    I agree its NOT mids fault that the two alb bgs dont work well together. At the same time, Nate's bg isnt going to play into what the mids want. So try something different. We aren't going out just to get farmed and give the Mids rps "cuz its fun" to fight a losing battle.

Please recognize ive tried it from both. I played x night in alb. I played z night in mid. The end result both nights was i logged on a molvik toon and had fun.

And apologies @Beetleguisse . I will try to do that as well. Next time im fed up camping or running circles i'll join you guys. I prefer action over consistency.