sugested adjustments for the patch.

edited November 2018 in General Board
remove static tempest from heretics, rms and one hib class of your choice.

change requirement for savage climb walls as not a single one is willing to make the sacrifice in spec to get it. the bg action proves it, not a single savage has climbed a wall.

feel free to add things that you think should be adjusted.
Post edited by Muylae on
Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.

Comments

• Put tic snare duration back to 3 seconds. It didn’t need to be adjusted.
  • I'll go one step further, remove all 1.25 heretic boosts-none of it was needed. 1 ST per realm. Maybe make climb walls 49 savagery?
  • Remove the Thane DD buff in that case. There is no reason why they should have the best DD in the game. Likewise, keep Savage climb walls at 50 or remove it entirely. You should need to make a sacrifice to get it.
    Minstrel. Thane, Druid
    Heretic, BD, Animist
    Mauler
  • Nah. Tics can keep the other stuff that gives them spec options. That’s not over the top. The snare and st are quite dumb though
  • Ylazul wrote: »
    Remove the Thane DD buff in that case. There is no reason why they should have the best DD in the game. Likewise, keep Savage climb walls at 50 or remove it entirely. You should need to make a sacrifice to get it.
    Fine, I could care less....long as CL goes back to instant as well. In fact all character boosts should be removed, they are all garbage
  • Ylazul wrote: »
    Remove the Thane DD buff in that case. There is no reason why they should have the best DD in the game. Likewise, keep Savage climb walls at 50 or remove it entirely. You should need to make a sacrifice to get it.

please refrain from making false statements like this...You probably meant best hybrid dd
  • Only thing I liked was the instant Thor’s reach buff. Otherwise take the dd back to old delve and put chain lightning back on an insta timer
  • edited November 2018 PM
    Now if and when BS makes these adjustments, I wonder how long it will take for people to start posting how they are cancelling their subs amd how pissed they are. Because that os what happened on 1.125. BS listened, they did what we asked for, and now everyone is pissed.... Make up our minds people!!!

Edit: I will say that nobody was asking for tics to buffed up, but other than that we asked for almost all of these changes.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • The only people that will cancel are the ones jumping on the heretic bandwagon because of how over the top they are. They will have wasted time and money templating a completely stupid toon and then get pissed when they are toned back down to normal
  • take climb walls from all realms from all toons cept sneaks--
    and put oil doors on inner oil also lol
    it is a bit much to have 16 tanks getting heals on the inner oil level on keep takes
  • I’ll take that. Have heavy tanks carry siege if they wanna contribute. No need to make defending harder than taking for some realms
  • but thanik you for keeping the pets off and out of the keep :)
    defense points are still too low for toons that actually try---dont get much if you dont heal or rez.....
    kinda tough to finish off someone when there are 40 attackers nuking you lol
  • As a healing class you get sh+t for effort in a keep defense, unless you rez...which defeats the purpose of being a healing class in the first place.

Don't damage or kill stuff...so essentially you are not contributing
  • Muylae wrote: »

change requirement for savage climb walls as not a single one is willing to make the sacrifice in spec to get it. the bg action proves it, not a single savage has climbed a wall.

I have a 11L3 savage that I respect to 50 savage but mid zerg wont attack a keep so I can climb the walls. The st's just make things more interesting and u can get out of them.
  • Elbesta wrote: »
    Muylae wrote: »

I have a 11L3 savage that I respect to 50 savage but mid zerg wont attack a keep so I can climb the walls. The st's just make things more interesting and u can get out of them.

@muylae you definitely didn't get your RR on any of your toons by being the smartest player out there. I'm really sorry that you and so many savages spec 50 h2h. It makes me shudder a little at the thought that, according to you, "most of the top savages in the game run 50 h2h spec". Speccing 50 savagery is totally fine and I'm tired of seeing you complain about it man
  • JakJak
    edited November 2018 PM
    Actually muy has a lot of good and interesting things to say and has a good knowledge base.

Stop being rude, it is unneccesary.
    Post edited by Jak on
  • Jak wrote: »
    Actually muy has a lot of good and interesting things to say and has a good knowledge base.

You must be a 50 h2h savage... No, I'm just concerned for people on here reading his concerns/advice and listening to THIS advice about savages and him being so confident that for some reason 50 h2h is the way to go when it isn't... and I don't want other players to follow that advice that's all. Kind of watching out for my fellow mid savages here
  • Armagedden wrote: »
    Jak wrote: »

You must be a 50 h2h savage... No, I'm just concerned for people on here reading his concerns/advice and listening to THIS advice about savages and him being so confident that for some reason 50 h2h is the way to go when it isn't... and I don't want other players to follow that advice that's all. Kind of watching out for my fellow mid savages here

Actually I don't play one. I would think most people can do what they want and make their own decisions.
  • when I first rolled a savage like a year or so ago, I read a bunch of math based tests that showed 50 h2h was superior due to the amount of increased multi hits. Don’t remember the exact numbers and can’t find the stuff again lol
    If I remember right basically what the test showed was that at 70 hth, spec and plus to skill there was a brk point for multi hits

So for rr10 plus savages if you want to do more dmg, 50 hth is where its at.
    Post edited by Grish on
  • BurkleyRIP wrote: »
    when I first rolled a savage like a year or so ago, I read a bunch of math based tests that showed 50 h2h was superior due to the amount of increased multi hits. Don’t remember the exact numbers and can’t find the stuff again lol

i can't find that either again, and this is a big point when it comes to savages.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Grish wrote: »
    If I remember right basically what the test showed was that at 70 hth, spec and plus to skill there was a brk point for multi hits

So for rr10 plus savages if you want to do more dmg, 50 hth is where its at.

i wish i could find that testing report again. the person who did it went over the top with testing every single step with increases in +1 in h2h and it CLEARLY showed that a combined h2h of 70 made a BIG difference in number of hits done. just as for casting speed, there seem to be break points where the number of hits that savages do change with a fair margin and steps where it doesn't seem to make a difference.
  • Give st to pally take decent group heal give it to tics with a range aoe instant root and give minis 2.5 aoe mezzes instead of the 5 sec allow them to keep ichor that should sort out the whines.
    Hmm or will it
  • No need to be snarky. As I said in another thread, bring up rationale expectations for your thoughts and others may agree.
  • Brut wrote: »
    Give st to pally take decent group heal give it to tics with a range aoe instant root and give minis 2.5 aoe mezzes instead of the 5 sec allow them to keep ichor that should sort out the whines.
    Hmm or will it

This is reasonable. I disagree about the instant AoE root on Heretics (just give them Ichor back). Never understood why Paladins got a group spec heal over Heretics. I think 3.0 seconds would be more fair than 2.5 seconds for AoE mez on Minstrels. The current 5.0 seconds is unnecessary.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
    Someone made the suggestion that the only classes who should have ST are Champions, Paladins and Thanes.

I liked that idea.
    Post edited by Mentalburn on
  • These are the suggestions that should have been listened to. Not the people who want to see imbalance in their own favor. Everyone will have a bias to where and what they play but there are some good ideas out there that aren’t acknowledged
    Imo rather than getting an instant root on tics I'd rather have most of the roots and snares added in the last couple years stripped out. So Chanters, Sham instant root, bard root, iirc WL root, Necro roots/snares, some ranged grapples, Druid root procs, Eld root and a ton of others would be removed and replaced. Maybe archer root as well in exchange for some archery tweaks. This might help non charge melee classes out some. In fact get rid of a lot of the new diseases and nearsights (Mentalists - rework their lines to compensate) added and replace them as well.

I agree that Paladin would have been a better fit for ST, although it would kinda suck for solo Friars who've had it for some time. Maybe give them Charge to replace it, it'll help them deal with chain CC and flow between combat roles better, like Valk.

Moving group heal to Tics from Pallies would be good for Alb in terms of getting heals, although I'm not sure how Paladins would take it and how well it fits into the Heretic's overall class design.
    Post edited by Ylazul on
    Minstrel. Thane, Druid
    Heretic, BD, Animist
    Mauler