NOnewspellsfortheurgist

Many many moons ago on the drunkfriar forums there was a poster with that name. and it still rings true, theurgist spell lines are extremely anemic especially ice and air. just a few suggestions for new spells. the pbaoe mezz that spiritmasters get, give to air theurge as well, and light elds. for ice, IDK, anything good they have given that line, they already gave to ice wizards, and while a aoe stun would be pretty neat, i doubt that would happen, anywho just my thoughts

Comments

• Solivos wrote: »
    Many many moons ago on the drunkfriar forums there was a poster with that name. and it still rings true, theurgist spell lines are extremely anemic especially ice and air. just a few suggestions for new spells. the pbaoe mezz that spiritmasters get, give to air theurge as well, and light elds. for ice, IDK, anything good they have given that line, they already gave to ice wizards, and while a aoe stun would be pretty neat, i doubt that would happen, anywho just my thoughts

Every 1 thing they give to Theurgs they should take away the amount of pets x2 of the total amount out.
  • yes theurgs have been and are op'd. They can cast unlimited pets and interrupt a whole group.
  • On another note.....The Drunkin Friar was one of the best sites EVER!
  • Pigleto wrote: »
    yes theurgs have been and are op'd. They can cast unlimited pets and interrupt a whole group.

They cannot cast unlimited pets. They are limited to 16 and have been for a long time now. Also, it's unfair to refer to the summons as pets as they cannot be controlled like traditional pets. It would be more correct to call them turrets rather than pets.
  • 16 pets is still unlimited pets in my opinion. There should be a power maintanance upkeep for each power they cast similar to the bonedancer dark bd phantom pets. Then you wouldn't see these op'd pull groups running two theurgs in a group and petting everyone.
  • Pigleto wrote: »
    16 pets is still unlimited pets in my opinion. There should be a power maintanance upkeep for each power they cast similar to the bonedancer dark bd phantom pets. Then you wouldn't see these op'd pull groups running two theurgs in a group and petting everyone.

I disagree that it should be similar to BD as BD's are able to cast additional "turrets" while also having multiple summoned pets under their control. Ignoring the whole 16 turret limit is somehow not a limit to you, I feel theurgs are fine the way they are as their turrets are only good against the original target they are cast on unlike animist turrets.
  • Exactly, if the theurgist pets hit the target once from 1500 units, had a decreased total limit and vanished after - then they are like turrets. As is, they are "basically" unlimited at 16, reach their target(s), hit target(s) over and over every 1 second without creating immunity, can catch people who are under the effects of SOS, can drop people from the effect of SOS, continue to exist at distances of 5000+ units and can be cast at bolt range.

• Bolt range ability to cast a blue mob that can rupt you/stun lock you/snare you. With hardly any changes since the beginning of thug time, it still remains one of the strongest classes in the game. Tbh more spells for a thug might make them a less valuable class, bc all ppl need to do is keep it simple and press 1 of your 3 pet buttons. maybe toss out a root or haste debuff sometimes and aoe nuke some zo pets. I think the lack of new abilities over the years for them should be a hint of how strong they are.
  • I was thinking this earlier.

Theurgist are the only pet class that don't have a controllable pet. Animist have one now. Theurgist have to relay on dex and getting pets out to do anything. To Animist, they have been nerf to how many pets they can summon but their pets stay out for 2 min. Beside the controllable pet, they other don't move of course. However, animist pet can do a lot of things like heal or slow, ect.
    I don't want Theurgist to have a controllable pet as the the uniqueness of the class now but I think something can help the class.

Theurgist is one of the only pet classes that don't a just a 40 spec or 50 spec spell. This is not RR. Bonedacer get a Dreadlord at 50 points in bone army, Animist gets I believe Endless controllable pet.
    (I thought of a nice abilities, I think should be in Ice or wind 50 points. A abilitie the prep a insta cast on one pet. This is one a 5 or 10 min cooldown and it wont go on the cooldown until you cast the summon. Reason Wind is that the mainly the solo spec and no one main spec ice and it be cool to see something different. And a counter is the instra summon cost 2-3x time more power.)

Not talking about the pets. Ice and Wind have less "styles" then earth.
    Earth I think is balance.?
    Ice is never a main spec. I think the snare should lose the damage but gain instra cast on a 12 sec cooldown.
    Wind. No comment. I have the less exp on this spec.

Now to a post above about how many pet a Theurgist can have. 16? I did not know that.. This is tough as. Theurgist damage is from pets, less pets = less damage. I think if BS does drops the number at a minimal, I think 10. 12 be better but I like the class. But they need to buff the pets or Theurgist a little to balance that. ^.

• edited April 2018 PM
    Have you ever spammed Near sight on multiple targets? That's how easy It is to spam 4 pets on 4 targets and keep them locked down. If you know how to spam NS you can be a PRO at playing a Theurg.
    Post edited by GlissZewks on
  • man there sure is alot of hate for theurgists. imho animists are worse with ten times the utilty/damage of theurgist. and yeah bd's got the shaft as of late.
  • Animists have more pets than Theurgist? not since like 2008 or something. Ani Turrets can not move, and they can only have 8.

Do not try to compare the Ani F&F nukes to Theurgist elementals. Some try to do this (including BS) and it is tragically flawed logic. IF the animist F&F nuke continued to follow the target at speed 600X, and continued to follow them at 6000+ units away from the caster, and if they were cast at 2000 unit range from target, and if they kept casting their nuke/cc every 1 second without immunity, and they could drop people from SOS, and were unable to be cc'ed with all that, THEN you can compare the Ani F&F nukes to a Theurgist pet. The Ani F&F nuke has more in common with an Eld baseline nuke- cast, damage, done.

The turrets are the most similar, but even then they are stationary, limited to 8 (elementals are a 16 limit) and don't continue to hit the same target every 1 second without immunity. They randomly select targets within 1000 units (I believe) and can be stunned and mezzed.

Animists may have more utility, and possibly damage. However it's just 1 spell the Theurgist has that essentially makes for a hilariously huge advantage- hands down- the Elemental pet. Especially when it is always in conjunction with the other hilariously broken delved class, the Sorc, the only caster who can interrupt a whole group from further distance than bolt range with little to no effort, or skill.

If Ele pets were 1500 range, limited to 8, had a range from caster, slightly longer cast speed, and slower run speed- then they "might" resemble something more balanced.

The core Albs may and will cry this or that, but I challenge EVERY Alb 8-man to run without a Theurgist for a month. We can compare/discuss the results.

Hibs were given some great tools to combat the Theurgist, but it has all been nerfed/taken away and given to an Alb or Mid class or rendered useless. (typical on Hib)

I'm not sure what the general mid opinion is on Theurg...
  • i agree with a bit you have said but i will point this out: theurge pets do 1 of three thing, either single target snare nuke, melee dps( do the higher earth ones double hit? idk) or melee and stun. MOST theurgist will only have acess to 1 or 2 types of pets. earth spec has a 179 delve dd, ice spec has a 179 dd 35 percent snare ( but a 3.0 second base cast time) and of course air has a 209 nuke.. Aboreal spec has a 225 damage bomber, a 179 lifetap nuke, a 170 something aoe bomber and a 400 plus bomber on a 5 min timer. a permament pet that nukes for 204 base. creeping has a 199 dd bomber, and a 179 dd plus 10 percent debuff. a permanent pet that snare nukes for like 174 base, ect. animist may have less pets, but those pets last signifcantly longer, have much better effects ( dd, root, heal, disease, buff elemental /physical resists, cast melee ablative.) a anmist or two can fend of an entire gaggle of albs in a keep. anywho, bonedancers have a reason to complain they are supposed to be the theurgist/animist counterpart but have seen nothing but nerf after nerf.
  • theurg is fine, if its not working out then play another class because ill be damned if they get ANYTHING else because they are overpowered ( i spelled it out cause op doesnt cut it) too many times i have seen 1 theurg EVEN FREAKING BG's farming smallmans solo....like what? give them a aoe mezz? are you CRAZY? your like those people demanding $15 an hour for a mindless job....gimme gimme gimme and dont think about what that would do...they need things taken away IF anything
  • Your name is appropriate lol did a theurge steal your girl? I don't even play a theurge
  • Thug damage does not come from the pets...Their spec lines are fine seeing as they can spec earth and still get ice/air pets that still do the same thing their higher level versions do. I promise you, the only people that will support giving theurgs more are thug only players, ppl who have played thug and played tons of other classes and specs will tell you it would be insane to give them more.
    Deamonictt *No last name allowed since 2006* -RR11+ thug, one of many toons.