Euro Hibs

GOOD JOB! You can run around mid and alb with 80+ vs 40 and take keeps. Do both albs and mids a favor and get some skill. Overwhelming numbers is not skill. Jumping back and forth between realms when Hero logs on is not skill. Sad, just plain sad. Please learn to RVR and no PVE. Don't you get bored doing the same thing every single day? Let's see. 1. Hero logs on 2. mid/alb bonuses suddenly jump to a minimum of 40% 3. hib zerg takes KM. 4 HIb zergs pves mid 5 hib zerg pves

Comments

• alb.... LOL
  • EU prime needs a BG on Alb and Mid to keep this from happening. The roles reverse during US prime, however.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Bowatg wrote: »
    GOOD JOB! You can run around mid and alb with 80+ vs 40 and take keeps. Do both albs and mids a favor and get some skill. Overwhelming numbers is not skill. Jumping back and forth between realms when Hero logs on is not skill. Sad, just plain sad. Please learn to RVR and no PVE. Don't you get bored doing the same thing every single day? Let's see. 1. Hero logs on 2. mid/alb bonuses suddenly jump to a minimum of 40% 3. hib zerg takes KM. 4 HIb zergs pves mid 5 hib zerg pves

Welcome to what its like in hib at us prime time :)
    AlbionExiles (Warden) | AlbionExecutioner (Champion) | AlbionExile (Bainshee)
    TheWayForward
  • AT least there are two bgs US primetime. We RVR. Hero and the hiblets PVE against nothing. no skill at all.
  • Would be nice but highly unlikely to form consistent alb and/or mid bg’s during euro prime. Hero has a solid following and unless someone with a good reputation steps up on alb or mid to start and lead a resistance, it will continue how it is
  • You know how someone gains a good following and reputation?
    That's right, leading. Maybe you should start leading instead of griping about it?
    Everyone is willing to complain about stuff but never do their part to correct it.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • It actually shows the true reality of the game. Hero and the Euro hiblets actually have no real impact on the game. All they do is pve/reset keeps usually when albs/mids have 40% or higher bonuses. Both mid and alb pushed him back at 25% bonus. It shows they can't compete in this game. They've PVE'd too long. The true battle and fights are between Albs and Mids.
  • Lead what? 20% of the Albs during EU prime are just on alb for something to do until Hero logs on. Then they jump ship to the zerg. Its SHOWS everyday in the realm bonus. Hence the need for timers or some sort of penalty for the realm hoppers.
  • edited November 2018 PM
    Ok.... Then leading should be easy. You can sit and defend a keep you know he will hit. If he doesn't well congrats your land is free of Hero's shenanigans. If he does hit you can easily defend it. All it takes is you logging into the game forming a bg and defending the Keeps you don't want him taking.

Or..... Keep complaining and do nothing. Your choice :)
    Post edited by Impounded on

>Daoc Videos<
  • At least Herorius will play on US prime time once in awhile. When was the last time any Alb or Mid bg leader logged in to play against Herorius? Never.
  • I just read all my posts here.... not once was there a complaint. The post is actually LAUGHING at them for the lack of skill they have so highly attained through PVE.
  • @Bowatg , explain to us all here, are you also seeking for attention in this board by crying about Hero? Damn everyone knows is what he does for years, your post wont change anything at all.
  • yep im CRYING LAUGHING AT HIM
  • Bowa - I understand that you are laughing at all HIbs who play during EU Prime-time because they do not have an enemy BG so they are laughable because they enjoy the game, play with friends who they enjoy and when there is an enemy fight them (Annamarie on Mon / Wed / Thurs). In addition the EU Hibs will periodically stay up till 3am to fight in US prime-time to bring 3-realm battles for all to enjoy. To you, these things are amusing and their efforts at supporting the game are laughable. So be it. Out or curiosity - what is it that you bring to the game so that I may be equally amused ?
    Bumblebunny to the rescue !
  • i bring nothing .. absolutely nothing to the game.
  • I know this is just a game and that trash talking is part of the fun. Let the bashing continue and I'll go back to picking the perfect saddle for my horse.

uv5k1564y6bb.gif
    Bumblebunny to the rescue !
  • You know me impounded, I’m half retard and couldnt even lead a Zerg of heretics to victory. I was just saying that there is no one that alrdy has a following or reputation to lead during those times. I honestly wouldn’t even have time to lead if I wasn’t bad at it :smile:
  • This post was mainly to start a new topic other than the crying about Heretics by mids. Figured HIBS needed to be included in all this mess lol
  • Don’t worry, if hibs has tonfight the tic Zerg they would definitely feel included
  • Hibs have tons of cc... mezz stun nuke.. oops i purged.. rooted.. nuke nuke dead lol
    Siambra wrote: »
    Bowa - I understand that you are laughing at all HIbs who play during EU Prime-time because they do not have an enemy BG so they are laughable because they enjoy the game, play with friends who they enjoy and when there is an enemy fight them (Annamarie on Mon / Wed / Thurs). In addition the EU Hibs will periodically stay up till 3am to fight in US prime-time to bring 3-realm battles for all to enjoy. To you, these things are amusing and their efforts at supporting the game are laughable. So be it. Out or curiosity - what is it that you bring to the game so that I may be equally amused ?

This is true. People follow Hero because he has lead for years. I came back to the game in 2013 after about a 9 year break. I met Hero and enjoyed playing with him and other EU hibs. I made a lot of friends with good people in Hibernia. I ended up being invited into all different types of groups as Hibernia during EU primetime is for the most part an incredibly friendly atmosphere. There isn't any yelling or putting down of others. Hibs win some fights and lose some but they keep coming back because they (like most in this game) want action. Albs and Mids during EU primetime for the most part won't roam even when they have numbers. There may be different reasons for this, either lack of leadership or not wanting to engage in openfield battles so many will just port in to keeps when they are on fire to defend as that is the only way for Hibs during EU primetime to find anyone to fight. I personally prefer openfield fights but it's hard to get Albs and Mids to leave keeps.
    Post edited by Daelin on
  • You telling me EU hibs didn’t die to the ST?

Damn.
  • You telling me EU hibs didn’t die to the ST?

Damn.

you mean albs and mids don't chain die to hib stun / nuke / nuke ?

damn.

the number of ST's at the moment is just ... no fun.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
    It actually shows the true reality of the game. Hero and the Euro hiblets actually have no real impact on the game. All they do is pve/reset keeps usually when albs/mids have 40% or higher bonuses. Both mid and alb pushed him back at 25% bonus. It shows they can't compete in this game. They've PVE'd too long. The true battle and fights are between Albs and Mids.

Half of his numbers are from Mid and Alb, so it seems you have some really talented eu-albs over there.

Too bad that the account-name isn`t displayed like in Eso....
  • At least Herorious doesn’t hide in KM all night then pop out kill one enemy and proclaim victory!!
  • Daelin wrote: »
    Hibs win some fights and lose some but they keep coming back because they (like most in this game) want action. Albs and Mids during EU primetime for the most part won't roam even when they have numbers.

Reading this hurts my eyes as it cant be farther away from truth as the edge of the universe.
    If Heros BG gets rolled by Annamariede BG he usually logs one hour earlier than usual, if not more and after that the numbers in Annas BG skyrocket so much, that people in that BG tell the winning team joiners to log back to their hibs as they are not wanted in Mid BG anymore. Sometimes you can see jumps from 70 to 100-120 people within 10 minutes after Hero logs.

To get this straight... i like when Hero runs at EU prime time (i.e. starting from 8 p.m. german time) as there are some good fights against him, but that what you stated is simply not true as was proven over and over again.
    Second thing: i dislike the way both fight, avoiding each other if numbers don't match or trying to steamrolling the other BG if numbers of own BG are far higher than the other BG (or even worse, running behind 8mans/smallmans/solos over half of the map) instead of trying some new things as often suggested in the BG. Esp. Anna likes to ignore most proposals if they don't fit his playstyle.

But... let's be honest... if it wasn't for Anna or Hero, EU primetime would be dead already.

Join hib at US prime-time and you'll get the same that you get at EU prime-time with Mid and Alb.

• Cathul wrote: »

Reading this hurts my eyes as it cant be farther away from truth as the edge of the universe.
    If Heros BG gets rolled by Annamariede BG he usually logs one hour earlier than usual, if not more and after that the numbers in Annas BG skyrocket so much, that people in that BG tell the winning team joiners to log back to their hibs as they are not wanted in Mid BG anymore. Sometimes you can see jumps from 70 to 100-120 people within 10 minutes after Hero logs.

I hope you can seek medical attention for your eyes as soon as possible if they are hurting from your opinion. Your health is important. Never neglect it.
    Solicfear1 wrote: »
    Bowatg wrote: »

Join hib at US prime-time and you'll get the same that you get at EU prime-time with Mid and Alb.

We also don't hide in keeps with lower numbers. Hib BG will be up at 7 PM CST tonight!

Edit: words are hard.
    Post edited by Tyrantanic on
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/

It's interesting that you feel so passionate about this topic but yet follow around a BG leader that participates in what you feel is the exact problem. I'm sure, in the interest of fairness you've brought this matter to his attention since, as a BG leader, he would be in a position to have some kind of effect on the matter you feel so passionate about.
    Daelin wrote: »
    I hope you can seek medical attention for your eyes as soon as possible if they are hurting from your opinion. Your health is important. Never neglect it.

Is it the norm that Hib players parents are siblings?
    Post edited by Cathul on
  • Cathul wrote: »
    Daelin wrote: »

Is it the norm that Hib players parents are siblings?

You came into this topic with your comment "Reading this hurts my eyes as it cant be farther away from truth as the edge of the universe" and I replied you should get that checked out. You stated "If Heros BG gets rolled by Annamariede BG he usually logs one hour earlier than usual." I've played with Hero since 2013 and have been a part of almost every single EU bg primetime fights vs Annamariede since then consisting of mon/wed/thursday.

I will admit that Hero has sometimes logged early as you said but for various reasons. Hero will sometimes log early if Annamariede has much greater numbers which happens (Hibs having 40-55% population rp bonus) but he still goes out and attempts 2-4 openfield fights and then goes to a defensive position (i.e. towers/keeps) before he logs. Hero will also sometimes log early if Annamariede doesn't come out to fight even with similar numbers or greater as Anna will just run around planting traps and waiting (in a tower or pass) for Hibs to run over them. Annamariede has run away from the hib bg on inc multiple times especially recently as he wants Hibs to run over traps before hitting. It gets tiresome chasing an enemy bg who won't fight. What's the point of staying logged in when an enemy bg who has similar or even greater numbers won't fight?

So yes, Hero has sometimes logged early but it's not as much as you make it out to be. I'm not here to speak for Hero but I will defend him as I do consider him a friend and you came here stating "he usually logs early due to losing." You are saying that hibs won't fight but more often than not Hibs have a 10-25% population bonus on mon/wed/thurs EU Primetime and they still go out to fight win or lose.

In your first comment you called me a liar by stating what I said to be untrue as your eyes were hurting from reading what I wrote. Then in your second reply you also stated, "To get this straight... i like when Hero runs at EU prime time (i.e. starting from 8 p.m. german time) as there are some good fights against him, but that what you stated is simply not true as was proven over and over again" which again you are calling me a liar. I'm telling you my experience having been a part of the EU Hib Primetime bg for years and anyone who knows me knows that I believe in honesty and integrity. You are trying to pass off your version of what you experienced as fact but I ask you, how many times have you been a part of the Hib EU primetime bg when hero logs early? Do you honestly know from first hand experience the real reason for Hero logging early on Mon/Wed/Thurs bg days every single time to state it's been proven as fact that it's "usually due to losing?" I don't believe you do but again that's my opinion.

You can reply to this if you want, but so far your replies have been calling me a liar twice and accusing my parents of being inbred.
  • @everyone Please refrain from personal attacks and treat all posters with respect and courtesy as per #2 of the Code of Conduct.

https://forums.darkageofcamelot.com/code-of-conduct

Thank you.
    Daoc Moderator

Join the official Daoc Discord: >> HERE <<
    Subscribe to the Newsletter: >> HERE <<
    Join our Devs/Knights on Twitch: >> HERE <<

Your Thread was closed to early? Feel free to PM me !
  • I actually really enjoyed fighting Hib last night about 3-4 times at defending Glen (if you count retreat then flank tactic). I must give Hero credit on not giving up, making fights last 20-30mins, it was a blast.
  • Daelin wrote: »
    I will admit that Hero has sometimes logged early as you said but for various reasons. Hero will sometimes log early if Annamariede has much greater numbers which happens (Hibs having 40-55% population rp bonus)

Population bonus doesn't mean a thing. Lot of times Mids don't have a bonus, but the BG is still a lot smaller than the Hib BG. Simple as that.
    Sometimes the numbers count in the Mid BG is high, but at least half the groups in the BG are somewhere else than with the BG, which renders the BG inoperable on open field due to lesser numbers in an actual encounter.

And believe me... the groups being in the BG, but not with the BG get called out for that.
    Hero will also sometimes log early if Annamariede doesn't come out to fight even with similar numbers or greater as Anna will just run around planting traps and waiting (in a tower or pass) for Hibs to run over them. Annamariede has run away from the hib bg on inc multiple times especially recently as he wants Hibs to run over traps before hitting. It gets tiresome chasing an enemy bg who won't fight. What's the point of staying logged in when an enemy bg who has similar or even greater numbers won't fight?

Tbh... this is no lone specialty of Anna. And again... believe me when I say that Anna is openly called a wimp in the BG for this behavior, retreating from fights when not needed, avoiding even numbers et. al.
    He (Anna that is) does that, and I call this behavior bullshit as it's not fun for most of the BG. First time doing that, ok. Maybe to force a tactic adjustment (hahaha... made a joke, Anna has no true tactics tbh), but starting with 2nd and 3rd time doing that people start leaving the BG which makes Anna constantly complain about having lesser numbers and why people in the BG are not with the BG.
    Not me alone, but several others tell him the reason openly in /bc why people are leaving, but just like Hero it looks like Anna is not being able to adapt to different situations. Lots of people tell him that loosing a fight is better than not fight at all (even on keeps, you don't want to know how many times people set siege equipment just being told to leave one minute after, which is really disgusting, I stopped bringing siege just because of that).

In addition, both Annas and Heros behavior or tactics (if you can even call these things tactics) are highly predictable. You can bet money on Hero attacking Glen after getting Bledmeer or Boldiam after Beno. Odds are low if you bet against that. On the other side you can bet money on Anna to set traps in Alb banana or safe path or beside the bridge or inner keep whatever. You will not get much money in return for this bet. Maybe the current patch will change that as keep mechanics changed a bit, but only time will tell.
    So yes, Hero has sometimes logged early but it's not as much as you make it out to be. I'm not here to speak for Hero but I will defend him as I do consider him a friend and you came here stating "he usually logs early due to losing."

Again... in the last 2-3 months, whenever Hero lost 2-3 fights in a row he logged early. People are making fun of this in the Mid BG by telling Anna to spend him a victory in next fight to prevent him logging early. But I also said that I would like to see him staying online, because when he logs there is nothing to fight at all at EU primetime. Having Hero online, even with his flaws in tactics (and Anna is no different), is better than no enemy at all.
    You are saying that hibs won't fight but more often than not Hibs have a 10-25% population bonus on mon/wed/thurs EU Primetime and they still go out to fight win or lose.

As said earlier... Pop bonus doesn't matter at all when it comes to participation in BG.
    If all Hibs online at that time of the day consistently run with hero, but only half the people in RvR in Midgard run with Anna, then Hibs have an undeniable advantage in numbers when both BGs clash. Have also seen that in the past few months more and more as total population numbers plummeted. Hibs constantly having 20-40% bonus, but outnumbering Annas BG (i.e. the people actually with Anna at that time) quite regularly (there are exceptions ofc).
    In your first comment you called me a liar by stating what I said to be untrue as your eyes were hurting from reading what I wrote.

Then get out of your filter bubble and play some days in Mid BG. I did in the past in Hib with my Champ and Vamp, but couldn't stand the sights of so many elves, luris, Firbolgs or sylvans.
    Plus it wasn't really different than Annas BG tbh. Hero doing his thing, Anna doing his thing, both not really able to adapt to different situations and doing the same predictable stuff over and over again (Hero with keeps, Anna with trapping every possible path over and over again et. al.).
    You can reply to this if you want, but so far your replies have been calling me a liar twice and accusing my parents of being inbred.
    Not a liar, but not telling the truth either.
    And my sincerest apologies for the last thing.
  • @Cathul I appreciate the apology and I understand your side and I agree with the population bonus not being a true sign of how many are actually with the bg as it happens with hibernia also. We have people in our bg who are not always with such as the guild Suizid Kommando. They run 1 to 2 groups that are doing their own thing but when needed will come and help fight vs anna. Also there are other groups that will try to 8v8 during the bg and will join up also if called to help by Hero. Sometimes it works out that they come and we get the numbers or other times they are just a bit late and see what is left of the fight. And to your comment on getting out of my bubble and playing Mid, I do play it sometimes. I've even posted videos of my last time playing mid during EU primetime here on these forums.
  • 8:46 p.m. EU prime time... Hero logged...
    For the past 2 years I have consistently been playing Mid running with Cathul in Anna's BG. When I first started we would roll Hero time and again because of population. Last 6 months or so (mostly) the rolls have been reversed. Hero and the EU Hibs have time and again ripped right thru Anna's bg when we are outnumbered 2-1 and we loose but we come right back and try again. It gets really old when after 3 times Hero looses a fight and he logs. Albs and Mids do not do that just the Hibs. It is poor form when you don't have the numbers but lead the game with overall rps and rage quit. I have personally run with the Hibs and it is fun to run with Hero, he's a fun leader to run with. This is not a Hero bashing session but please don't rage quit because you loose fights. Just change tactics.

Post edited by Magistere on
  • Magistere wrote: »
    For the past 2 years I have consistently been playing Mid running with Cathul and when I first started we would roll Hero time and again because of population. Last 6 months or so (mostly) the rolls have been reversed. Hero and the EU Hibs have time and again ripped right thru Anna's bg when we are outnumbered 2-1 and we loose but we come right back and try again. It gets really old when after 3 times Hero looses a fight and he logs. Albs and Mids do not do that just the Hibs. It is poor form when you don't have the numbers but lead the game with overall rps and rage quit. I have personally run with the Hibs and it is fun to run with Hero he's a funny guy this is not Hero bashing but please don't rage quit because you loose fights. Just change tactics.

I can remember the mids logging after they wiped 3 times because Xyorman got mad

• Solicfear1 wrote: »
    Magistere wrote: »
    For the past 2 years I have consistently been playing Mid running with Cathul and when I first started we would roll Hero time and again because of population. Last 6 months or so (mostly) the rolls have been reversed. Hero and the EU Hibs have time and again ripped right thru Anna's bg when we are outnumbered 2-1 and we loose but we come right back and try again. It gets really old when after 3 times Hero looses a fight and he logs. Albs and Mids do not do that just the Hibs. It is poor form when you don't have the numbers but lead the game with overall rps and rage quit. I have personally run with the Hibs and it is fun to run with Hero he's a funny guy this is not Hero bashing but please don't rage quit because you loose fights. Just change tactics.

I can remember the mids logging after they wiped 3 times because Xyorman got mad

That's true but he doesn't do it every time to be fair
  • I just laughed at the person who posted why mids dont log in and play hero time. Something along the lines of a job, rl life stuff like feeding kids and homework. You know, the pesky stuff
  • ikr some people has real life to deal with lol...some you know just has big mouth on this forums all day long.
  • Solicfear1 wrote: »

Xyorman is not Anna and in addition a totally different time of the day. I guess most EU players aren't even online anymore when Xyorman starts his BG.
  • To be honest the Albs who play eu time don’t need a Zerg most of the time we can see off both zergs with a collection of 8 men there’s no need for a Zerg To be be honest since the changes to the keep doors and oil level doors keep defence has been a lot of fun.
    We had a great fight against the Anna Zerg yesterday at eras and we had no organised Zerg we lost the fight but we made good rps and had a lot of fun.
  • Brut wrote: »
    We had a great fight against the Anna Zerg yesterday at eras and we had no organised Zerg we lost the fight but we made good rps and had a lot of fun.

I was on Mid side at Eras and indeed, it was a lot of fun. Not because we won, but because it lasted some time and until the last few minutes of that fight it actually looked like that both sides could win the battle (at least from my point of view, which most of the time was laying on the ground of Erasleigh :P). Too bad Hero logged so early (for whatever reason <cough>), guess it could've been a real good 3-way fight at the keep (that one hibgroup doesn't count imho).
  • Brut wrote: »
    To be honest the Albs who play eu time don’t need a Zerg most of the time we can see off both zergs with a collection of 8 men there’s no need for a Zerg To be be honest since the changes to the keep doors and oil level doors keep defence has been a lot of fun.

That was a ton of fun Brut. That battle went back and forth and it was a really well fought. Those are the rvr fights that make this 17 year old game a lot of fun. Not so much running thru each other but those classic keep battles.
    Cathul wrote: »
    Solicfear1 wrote: »

Xyorman is not Anna and in addition a totally different time of the day. I guess most EU players aren't even online anymore when Xyorman starts his BG.

Just saying that Hero isn't the only zerg leader that does it in this game.

The reasons maybe zerg leaders do it is 1) They don't have enough players 2) Zerg leader doesn't like dying and finds stats more important than fighting 3) Players mentality of quitting after 1 wipe and runs over to the other realm to get better realm points.

This is allowed by realm hopping and ever since it was introduced it's created a bee hive of realm hoppers!

Not saying i defend Hero's tactics in RvR but a lot is to do with players as well as the zerg leader.

Post edited by Solicfear1 on
  • Wednesday 9 p.m. euro time... Hero logged early again.
  • Magistere wrote: »
    It gets really old when after 3 times Hero looses a fight and he logs. Albs and Mids do not do that just the Hibs.

Everyone does this in both 8man and Zerg playstyles - you see it happening around the clock, not just limited to EU PT.

It is an advanced tactic/strategy of starving the perceived stronger enemy of action - its a rather selfish act really.
  • See but hero does it differently. He will hit a keep wipe then log out for 10-20 minutes. Log back in and try for that same keep and get it with few to defend now since he can cut the tower before people can port. You're right it is a selfish act, but also cowardly act. I understand the only way he gets action is through keep fights since no one really runs BG's against him until anna gets on. But that doesn't give an excuse to play like that when you are the only person with a BG up at the time... xD

>Daoc Videos<