Come play the best class in DAOC-- The "HERETIC" in Alb Nation Battlegroup -- Join Discord Today !

edited November 2018 in General Board
Wanting to make a huge impact on RvR? Look no further than the Heretic for Albion.

Heretics amazing AOE and group abilities is the toon for you! Now they can counter the Thane and offer Static Tempest !

The biggest difference is the slowing of the enemies that the Heretic provides!

Heretics offer the best RR5 in the game (for group) and with ST, MOC and DI- you can put in some serious work!
Not to mention the loyalty cloak does 10% more magic dmg for group !~
(and you can temp egg of youth)

Feel free to join discord: discord.gg/DMAqSJd

Lets get these heretics in RvR !
Post edited by Natebruner on
"I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781

Comments

• Tully will also be doing ch1-8 raid on the date below- Get your heretic toon or alb toon thru it :)

Albion: Tuesday November 20th 2 pm Est[US PRIME-TIME]

I'll be leading a US Prime-time Dragon's Curse Campaign Prologue and Chapter 1-8 on Tuesday November 20th

BG Leader TullySorc(BG open 60 minutes before on Tuesday)

Tuesdays Raid Starts at: 800PM CET / 700PM UK / 200PM EST / 100PM CDT / 1200PM PST

(For other time zones go to this website: http://everytimezone.com/ )

How to start the Campaign?

1. Speak to Commander Selan in Camelot by the North Gate(Old Catacombs Entrance)

2. Speak to the undead next to her, then to Commander Selan again

3. Check Journal and you'll have a quest called [Curse] A Friendly Face

4. Go to Hall of Fellows in Camelot and Speak to the NPC "Quest Journalist" and accept both options he gives you.
    5. Port to any town find a Dungeon researcher and port to Catacombs of Cordova
    6. Wait there till BG has all arrived.

https://discord.gg/jKngANM
    Guild Recruitment
    Chalice of Nevermore is recruiting new and returning players. If you are interested please contact any Chalice Member in game!
    YOU SENT AN INVITE TO JOIN A SERVER

Game Changers
    PVE#1

Joined(edited)
    YOU SENT AN INVITE TO JOIN A SERVER

Game Changers
    PVE#1
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

• Natebruner wrote: »
    Wanting to make a huge impact on RvR? Look no further than the Heretic for Albion.

Heretics amazing AOE and group abilities is the toon for you! Now they can counter the Thane and offer Static Tempest !

The biggest difference is the slowing of the enemies that the Heretic provides!

Heretics offer the best RR5 in the game (for group) and with ST, MOC and DI- you can put in some serious work!
    Not to mention the loyalty cloak does 10% more magic dmg for group !~
    (and you can temp egg of youth)

Feel free to join discord: discord.gg/DMAqSJd

Lets get these heretics in RvR !

Yes, roll a new Heretic, or dust off the old one, and join the alb bg to camp in a keep for 4 hours
  • Thanks for confirming BS overdid this class. Class now needs n nerfing thanks to this patch. Stupid OP
  • Tanky wrote: »
    Thanks for confirming BS overdid this class. Class now needs n nerfing thanks to this patch. Stupid OP

Let's wait a little longer than 24 hours before considering a class is OP. Remember, rejuv heretics are going to do NOTHING in melee combat scenarios nor can they solo with any legitimate efficacy. Just because a class succeeds in one aspect, doesn't mean it's powerful in all aspects of game play.

Besides, with the addition of ST on RM's, NS, Mezz, Stun, their are a plethora of CC forms out there to deal with a Heretic or any enemy caster.
  • edited November 2018 PM
    Tanky wrote: »
    Thanks for confirming BS overdid this class. Class now needs n nerfing thanks to this patch. Stupid OP

I think it will be fair to lower the snare durations, if we delete chambers, bd instas, remove sm pet intercept, remove shaman/warlock heal buff, remove warlock spread heal, aoe stun, etc. and reduce thane damage a bit.
    Post edited by Ylazul on
    Minstrel. Thane, Druid
    Heretic, BD, Animist
    Mauler
  • Amp, you listed things that are not all inclusive to RM. They don't get stun. Now look at a tic... I've already listed everything they get. Yes, if standard 48 or 50 rejuv then their melee is crap. But with pd9, and St... They can survive a tank train with is. If it's a caster them pop RR5 or BA. Tell you what, watch how many Heretics come out now.
    This class had way too much now after this patch... Way to much. Why should this class have the highest Absorb and AF and in cloth no less? Plus an UI caste spell plus this new snare duration? Just Manning some of the many issues work this class...
  • Hey Nate I have a 50 Heretic can I join your BG!
  • Grot wrote: »
    Hey Nate I have a 50 Heretic can I join your BG!

Alb Nation (Heretic Nation) won 2-0 tonight. If you wish to convert to alb and leave your mid past behind- we will allow you to join.
    HERORIUS

• I couldn’t completely convert because weekends I like soloing when nothing going on. But the Alb BG super camps might be right down my alley. I could watch all my tv shows and take bio breaks when ever I needed. And raid the fridge for food when I get to bored. I think my Tics name sharkfin or something like that. I’ll give you a yell in game one night for a invite.
  • Grot wrote: »
    I couldn’t completely convert because weekends I like soloing when nothing going on. But the Alb BG super camps might be right down my alley. I could watch all my tv shows and take bio breaks when ever I needed. And raid the fridge for food when I get to bored. I think my Tics name sharkfin or something like that. I’ll give you a yell in game one night for a invite.

Grot, you play Alb you will be more than welcome to try and get the db on me. I won't be mad :smile: And this made me giggle, thank you!
  • Was nice to see all those tics last night !
    HERORIUS

• Sad little Mistrel here. With heavy heart and tiny feet, my pet and I will wander the world not needed. Tears falling and wishing I could be a heretic :)

4p7ehtcosvct.jpg
    Bumblebunny to the rescue !
  • Siambra wrote: »
    Sad little Mistrel here. With heavy heart and tiny feet, my pet and I will wander the world not needed. Tears falling and wishing I could be a heretic :)

4p7ehtcosvct.jpg

aww;) i still need you;) <3 my little feet can't run fast enough to catch up to Nate and the group;) without you near me;)
    <3Baby;)
    Baby-Friar
    Babe-Reaver
    Babys-Warden
    Babydoll-Shaman
  • Looks like a mid to me
  • Siambra wrote: »
    4p7ehtcosvct.jpg

such a valiant warrior !
    Amp, you listed things that are not all inclusive to RM. They don't get stun. Now look at a tic... I've already listed everything they get. Yes, if standard 48 or 50 rejuv then their melee is crap. But with pd9, and St... They can survive a tank train with is. If it's a caster them pop RR5 or BA. Tell you what, watch how many Heretics come out now.
    This class had way too much now after this patch... Way to much. Why should this class have the highest Absorb and AF and in cloth no less? Plus an UI caste spell plus this new snare duration? Just Manning some of the many issues work this class...

Why do you think we have so many Heretics? They're literally the best class in Albion. We're subpar in nearly every aspect, don't get me started on how **** Armsmen are lol.
    Amp, you listed things that are not all inclusive to RM. They don't get stun. Now look at a tic... I've already listed everything they get. Yes, if standard 48 or 50 rejuv then their melee is crap. But with pd9, and St... They can survive a tank train with is. If it's a caster them pop RR5 or BA. Tell you what, watch how many Heretics come out now.

Why do you think we have so many Heretics? They're literally the best class in Albion. We're subpar in nearly every aspect, don't get me started on how **** Armsmen are lol.

subpar in nearly every aspect? have you ever even looked at a theurg, I'd go as far as to say no other class in the game has such a game changing role in fights at the theurg, when it comes to zerg its all about aoe spam and no skill, so lets just talk 8man / small / solo.

A theurg once spamming pets has ability to lock down every caster/healer in the group and backup pets

AlbionExiles (Warden) | AlbionExecutioner (Champion) | AlbionExile (Bainshee)
    TheWayForward
  • The same happened to necros before they were brought back into line.

I just hate the numbers/subscription decline that typically goes along with such a change. Some stubborn people wait it out, but more and more are leaving due to drastic changes.

subpar in nearly every aspect? have you ever even looked at a theurg, I'd go as far as to say no other class in the game has such a game changing role in fights at the theurg, when it comes to zerg its all about aoe spam and no skill, so lets just talk 8man / small / solo.

A theurg once spamming pets has ability to lock down every caster/healer in the group and backup pets

My apologies, I forgot that in 8-man gameplay the Theurgist is quite viable. Next? Anything else? So Theurgist in 8v8 is superior if played well.
  • My heretic has gone from 5L5 to 6L2 :)

ST4 on inc !
    HERORIUS

My heretic has gone from 5L5 to 6L2 :)

ST4 on inc !

Was able to get my ISP to send a truck out and repair the box at the end of the road. I will be back! 600k till rr12 :D
    My heretic has gone from 5L5 to 6L2 :)

ST4 on inc !

Was able to get my ISP to send a truck out and repair the box at the end of the road. I will be back! 600k till rr12 :D

Nice !!
    HERORIUS

• 6L3 on my tic now !
    HERORIUS

• Tully leading alb curse raid today (11/20/18) at 1pm central time.
    HERORIUS

Natebruner wrote: »
    Tully leading alb curse raid today (11/20/18) at 1pm central time.

Hmm OR you could just RVR...

PVEs for newbs. Earn BPs and get your curse items that way (in like 3 months because 400k is ridiculous).
    Post edited by Ewer on
  • Yeah. I make alts too much and this system is terribly inefficient and frustrating. Maybe when the stl grps stop camping the routes since it’s free rps, it might get better. Although a high output of bp, repeatable right after completion would be a start

... and that from a range that casters can't reach them and tanks who go for them are out of reach of their heals and just die.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Sleepwell wrote: »
    The same happened to necros before they were brought back into line.

I just hate the numbers/subscription decline that typically goes along with such a change. Some stubborn people wait it out, but more and more are leaving due to drastic changes.

after every (game changing) patch, (which means every patch) people cancel their accounts out of frustration. BS doesn't seem to learn the lesson that they should underwhelm changes and maybe afterwards give extra boosts instead of going crazy and afterwards nerf stuff.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    Sleepwell wrote: »
    The same happened to necros before they were brought back into line.

after every (game changing) patch, (which means every patch) people cancel their accounts out of frustration. BS doesn't seem to learn the lesson that they should underwhelm changes and maybe afterwards give extra boosts instead of going crazy and afterwards nerf stuff.

@Muylae don't you get tired of complaining? Mids are now telling Albs that when you log on- you ask for backup on these forums with the things that you post. Are you seriously doing that?
    HERORIUS

• Join today, login and play other games whilst waiting on the one fight of the night!
    Muylae wrote: »
    .. and that from a range that casters can't reach them and tanks who go for them are out of reach of their heals and just die.

Unless you're a RM, BD, WL, Bain, Eld or Ment which all have 2000+ range interrupting spells

Until you press PBAE confuse, or one PBAE, or two AE spells, or Warlord ML2, or Ranger RR5, or AOE Stun, or spam confuse, or Bain PBAE fear, etc.
    Post edited by Ylazul on
    Minstrel. Thane, Druid
    Heretic, BD, Animist
    Mauler
    @Muylae don't you get tired of complaining?

I would think you of all people would be able to understand how someone can constantly behave in the same manner.
  • Ylazul wrote: »
    Muylae wrote: »
    .. and that from a range that casters can't reach them and tanks who go for them are out of reach of their heals and just die.

Unless you're a RM, BD, WL, Bain, Eld or Ment which all have 2000+ range interrupting spells

Until you press PBAE confuse, or one PBAE, or two AE spells, or Warlord ML2, or Ranger RR5, or AOE Stun, or spam confuse, or Bain PBAE fear, etc.

lol pbae would require all pets to be stacked.... and well a theurg doesnt single target one person their job is to put 2-3 pets on each caster, theurg honestly should be able to cast a max of 4 pets, or only be allowed 1 pet on one target at a time. theurg is seriously broken, take theurg out the game and nearly every alb group would not be able to compete in current setups, they heavily rely on that class, now lets throw a tic in the mix with snare and your enemy are not able to pull/kite, alb by far currently have it the easiest when it comes to cheese / fotm

I'm not really complaining currently, but it's without a doubt the favoured realm, so claiming alb is not shows you must not compete in any skilled environment (I presume you just are in bg's spamming aoe)
    TheWayForward
    @albionexile

I got almost all my RPs exclusively from 8v8+ and was one of the top Minstrels and top Heretics in the world for years. Not really relevant, but since you are asking.

If you're letting a Theurg put 2-3 pets on each caster, you either don't have a keyboard or a monitor. If there was a problem caster I was facing as my Minst, or BD, or Heretic, or Bainshee that was able to cast for 20-30 seconds straight, I would throw my computer out the window and take up fingerpainting as a new hobby.

And you addressed one point, Skald PBAE confuse has 750 radius. It will get 70-85% of pets, 100% of the time, even if your casters also don't have keyboards and/or monitors and take 1 second to clump the pets together.
    Post edited by Ylazul on
    Minstrel. Thane, Druid
    Heretic, BD, Animist
    Mauler
  • Lol sounds legit
    TheWayForward
  • is the light eld played anymore in 8 mans