Lea Broadswords Response to Dual Logging (however no computer can dual log the game)

edited November 2018 in General Board
Lea Broadswords Response:

Being logged into two different realms at the same time is considered cross-realming and as such not allowed. If you suspect someone is doing this, please open a Violation Report via the /appeal function so our CSRs can investigate. Make sure to provide a brief description of what you observed, the name of the player you suspect to be cross-realming, time and date, and ideally you can also provide name(s) of the other character(s) the player is online with. The issue will then be investigated and actioned accordingly if warranted. You will not be informed about the outcome of these investigations due to our privacy policy.

Keep in mind though that just because someone says they are dual logged, it doesn't necessarily mean they actually are. Some people simply enjoy to troll and cause upsets. As such, the mere fact that someone said they are dual logging is not enough to issue any penalties. Like with any other accusation, it will be investigated.

Since third party apps such as Discord and Teamspeak were mentioned, as Sleepwell correctly stated we do not observe, moderate or control these programmes in regard of in-game violations.

I hope this could clarify the issue!
Post edited by Natebruner on
"I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
Tagged:

Comments

• edited November 2018 PM
    No computer can dual log Midgard and Albion at the same time.

You will get 2 different ISP addresses even if you investigate claims. And there is no rule against a person in one house to play Midgard while the other is playing albion.

So really there is no way to stop the admitted midgard cheating that was taking place is the answer ?
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

• [
    Natebruner wrote: »

You will get 2 different ISP addresses even if you investigate claims. And there is no rule against a person in one house to play Midgard while the other is playing albion.

So really there is no way to stop the admitted midgard cheating that was taking place is the answer ?

Reading comprehension. Please, re-read the information posted by Lea. Let me highlight one important area: Make sure to provide a brief description of what you observed

Also, to throw around defamatory accusations at a person, should be considered a violation of CoC.

Thank you for playing Dark Age of Camelot :)
  • Jak wrote: »
    [

Reading comprehension. Please, re-read the information posted by Lea. Let me highlight one important area: Make sure to provide a brief description of what you observed

Also, to throw around defamatory accusations at a person, should be considered a violation of CoC.

It's not an accusation when the player admits to doing it on Sunday.
    HERORIUS

• Jak wrote: »
    [

Someone is gonna eat a ban for going afk in a bg ? Is there no way to stop Midgard from what they have admitted doing ?

HERORIUS

• He said he logged into Albion and joined the BG. As long as he wasn’t currently logged into Midgard that was perfectly legal. This has been addressed. @Carol_Broadsword please close this thread.
    CATACUSX/Einherjarl - ASATRUAR
  • Please stop the drama, its pretty obvious neither @Broadsword neither anyone have the power / tools to control over "spying" itself.

As with Voice Chat / Streaming apps both used, and allowed, the current format can't go completely invisible, nor regulated. To be perfectly honest, it probably gives out even more detail, so do all realms own stealthers status reporting of Zergs.

We all play and enjoy the same game, if we want to be invisible, we play solo stealthers, 80+ player hardly can be led to not give out any details anywhere. Even if some would consider this not fair - cheating is quiet different topic - or maybe unethical, its everyone's own decision. I honestly care less then creating drama every single day here that also can't be regulated, nor can be done anything about it.

Guess sometimes people have to deal with things they don't like, move forward and just play the game.
  • INACA wrote: »
    He said he logged into Albion and joined the BG. As long as he wasn’t currently logged into Midgard that was perfectly legal. This has been addressed. @Carol_Broadsword please close this thread.

The response is not ever going to catch anyone doing this type of behavior.
    Even if he was dual - logged with 2 computers he will show 2 different ISP addresses. Meaning Midgard can continue this behavior no matter what ?
    HERORIUS

• Does @Xyorman condone his guild doing this for intel ?
    HERORIUS

• For goodness sake, just close the thread.
  • Is there any solution better than appealing for dual logging?

I'm simply pointing out that no computer can dual- log. So you will get 2 different ISP addresses.

This type of behavior can or cannot be stopped ?
    HERORIUS

• This is a big deal esp when the Mid Bg leaders guild is admitting to doing it.
    HERORIUS

• I hereby allow anyone to spy on my solo/duo/fg/whatever visible characters. I swear I won't even use /anon.
  • The response given by Broadsword will not catch people like this obtaining intel.

2 isp addresses and people go afk all the time.
    HERORIUS

Vent/Discord/Teamspeak spies are worse than this...

and unfortunately easier to accomplish... no dual logging.. no multi boxing etc.
    Post edited by Sleepwell on
  • At this point I really am curious how long this go on. Since it seems like you really do care about this, I suggest asking people to go /anon in BG, do not tell current locations in BG/Skype, rather pick them up time to time and ask them to wait somewhere, ask them to do not stream on twitch, etc. Thats how far you can go if it bothers you. Unfortunately not everyone will listen, but regulating 50+ people will always be harder, imagine regulating these forums ain't easy also. :)
    So as @Sleepwell stated TWICE now, what about the time a person in your reaver bomb group was in the Mid BG ts/discord giving you information? Why was that ok @Natebruner? Why do you refuse to answer that accusation or even acknowledge it? Hell, he even gave you the date that it happened.

I can answer that for you... You don't care because you were the one benefitting from it whereas in this case you feel you lost due to it.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • Perhaps you need to email or message them directly because it’s ibviously not going to change to your liking by repeating the same thing 50’times and changing the wording around. The people who can change this policy won’t argue with you on these boards like you’re trying to get them to do
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    So as @Sleepwell stated TWICE now, what about the time a person in your reaver bomb group was in the Mid BG ts/discord giving you information? Why was that ok @Natebruner? Why do you refuse to answer that accusation or even acknowledge it? Hell, he even gave you the date that it happened.

Because the rules were unclear....duh.
  • He grown to be a better man since then @RonELuvv . Do not doubt personal development of anyone. :)
  • He may be ignoring or blocking.. but that doesnt mean his minions are. I've already been asked in several private pm's if i would disclose who this was... Game on.. i was fine to let it go, but i get tired of hearing the same thing over and over.. so i'll repeat my question over and over

Technically, they can. But it depends on what you define as computer. Running a virtual machine on a computer can allow you to log into two different realms because the game.dll process cannot access threads outside of the host OS. Additionally, running custom Linux kernels can allow you to restrict the ability for processes to even talk to each other without needing a VM.

Also technically not true. Even if you have 200 people in the same house connecting to the game the server logs will only show the external IP address of the modem/gateway used to access the Internet. That's why more than just IP address is used when logging client connects.

Additionally, it doesn't mean that two people in the same house won't have different external IPs as some ISPs offer that ability. It's just less likely as most residential ISP accounts would charge more and the hardware is more expensive to allow that.
    I'm simply pointing out that no computer can dual- log. So you will get 2 different ISP addresses.

Please try not to 'point out' something you don't even understand yourself. Fake news, etc.

Broadsword will not disclose exactly what methods they use to investigate reports like this but it goes way beyond just looking at an IP address.

Edit: I hate autocorrect...
    Post edited by Manachanter on
    Rolled over from Hib/Prydwen!

Usp | Logisa | Most things starting with Usp...
    99% of folks who try to dual log from 1 computer will not be able to.

HERORIUS

doublepost
    Post edited by Lurandal on
    I just don't understand why someone would see the need to do that today. I remember instances where great leaders were banned for this but it was during a time when stakes every night could be high in the realm war. I play a game called Eve Online, so I come back on here and have come to understand the dynamic NF changes that have been made. I see no reason for any sort of risk aversion in this game at this current point in time. Zergs have hit realm rank critical mass years ago and losing a fight has approximately a 10% chance to result in loss of ground on the realm war map, victories are rarely capitalized on and the victor just continues to run the laby circle. I just don't see why battlegroups would want to dance around each other or sit and camp certain areas when losing a balanced battle means almost nothing anymore. I don't see why someone would have a crossrealm spy today, high risk for no reward LOL

Hopefully the keep changes brings back the stakes... So battles mean more..but more changes are needed. Get off EV and play Dark Age of Camelot. This isn't guild wars 2. I hated WvW.
    Post edited by Lurandal on
  • Lurandal wrote: »
    I just don't understand why someone would see the need to do that. I play a game called Eve Online, so I come back on here and have come to understand the dynamic NF changes that have been made. I see no reason for any sort of risk aversion in this game at this current point in time. Zergs have hit realm rank critical mass years ago and losing a fight has approximately a 10% chance to result in loss of ground on the realm war map. I just don't see why battlegroups would want to dance around each other or sit and camp certain areas when losing a balanced battle means almost nothing anymore.

Ego (aka e-peen).
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Lurandal wrote: »
    I just don't understand why someone would see the need to do that. I play a game called Eve Online, so I come back on here and have come to understand the dynamic NF changes that have been made. I see no reason for any sort of risk aversion in this game at this current point in time. Zergs have hit realm rank critical mass years ago and losing a fight has approximately a 10% chance to result in loss of ground on the realm war map, victories are rarely capitalized on and the victor just continues to run the laby circle. I just don't see why battlegroups would want to dance around each other or sit and camp certain areas when losing a balanced battle means almost nothing anymore.

Hopefully the keep changes brings back the stakes...

Alb Nation has grown spoiled with our 90% win rate. There is much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.
    HERORIUS

• Can make precautions, and keep moving, stealthers around NF going to spot visible characters, and mostly only help smaller teams to avoid zerg contact. As long a zerg is on the move, you don't really have to care being spotted any way or form, everyone moves with same speed. Stand still and hide is really only stealthes privilege.
  • I m going to help you out here

Theres an in game tool to stop what your complaining about

Private BG

Wham problem solved ,now stop bawling
  • What's it like to have no life outside of daoc? Must be lonely
  • If you have questions please PM one of us or email support@darkageofcamelot.com

As per the forum CoC:
    Cheating accusations should be reported in-game through the appeal system. Do not post baseless accusations on the forums, these will be removed.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
This discussion has been closed.