Respecs limited to 2 per day right after 1.25

You force respecs on several classes and change respecing to 2 per day. Lift this while people get use to the new changes. It was a bad decision to do it right after a major patch with class changes.
Tagged:

Comments

• I was under the impression that this was limited to RA respec and not skill respec, is that correct? Apologies if it was already clarified in the patch notes.
  • Thought this was strictly RA as well
  • The limit is just on realm ability respecs, yes.
  • ... for the obvious reason that people used it to reset RA's...
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • just make it so that when you re-spec ra's the timer starts for abilities and you must wait that full time to use it? That could work?!
  • Yes it is RA only, but it limits what you can train to get the best for your class. I have used many RA stones when trying to figure out what I like and how it best works for my play style. When you force respecs, there needs to be the ability to do this. RA respecs are not free, so why put a limit on them? This makes no sense.
  • Salix wrote: »
    Yes it is RA only, but it limits what you can train to get the best for your class. I have used many RA stones when trying to figure out what I like and how it best works for my play style. When you force respecs, there needs to be the ability to do this. RA respecs are not free, so why put a limit on them? This makes no sense.

People were abusing them to reset RA timers.
  • Whyane wrote: »
    just make it so that when you re-spec ra's the timer starts for abilities and you must wait that full time to use it? That could work?!

iirc that's how it used to work, I believe, something must've changed though, maybe it's too difficult coding wise and this was a more efficient solution.
  • Whyane wrote: »
    just make it so that when you re-spec ra's the timer starts for abilities and you must wait that full time to use it? That could work?!

iirc that's how it used to work, I believe, something must've changed though, maybe it's too difficult coding wise and this was a more efficient solution.

Yah, you would think what @Whyane said would be the best fix, but there may be a hidden reason we are not aware of they just make it so it doesn't reset timers on RA's.
  • Salix wrote: »
    Yes it is RA only, but it limits what you can train to get the best for your class. I have used many RA stones when trying to figure out what I like and how it best works for my play style. When you force respecs, there needs to be the ability to do this. RA respecs are not free, so why put a limit on them? This makes no sense.

Because they are "essentially" free is one reason. U can buy 5 for 25 dragon scales. If a stone cost 40 plat, then you could potentially say "if you're gonna use it, it better be worth it". The reasonable fix has been suggested,but like others said, there must be a reason resetting RA's cannot gurantee that timers reset???
  • I just don't understand why you just can't put a 1-hour timer on them and keep them at having 2x in que like it is now. Honestly if someone wanted to spend the time to respec 1-2x every hour just for 1 round of timers then let them
  • Armagedden wrote: »
    I just don't understand why you just can't put a 1-hour timer on them and keep them at having 2x in que like it is now. Honestly if someone wanted to spend the time to respec 1-2x every hour just for 1 round of timers then let them

+1 for this. I enjoy playing around with a bunch of different specs sometimes. It's kinda lame to be limited to only 2 per day. Just seems like there's so many easier ways to prevent abuse while still allowing frequent respecs.
    Former Thid Pro Soloer. Current Molvik Pro Soloer.
    https://www.daocutils.com/chimp/redattack