Serious Question for Broadsword about Rules/Cheating

The other thread was closed.

But if a player admits to logging into the opposing realms bg and obtaining information is that cheating ?

I can't appeal in game b/c I don't know what his alb toons name was on Sunday.

Can we have clarification. @Carol_Broadsword @John_Broadsword

"I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
Tagged:

Comments

• Clarification would be nice. I can probably dig up some old archaic fraps videos from several months back.
  • There are commands used to see locations of bgs
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

• edited November 2018 PM
    Thats less of a concern to me (although it is a legitimate concern). Logging into one realms teamspeak and another realms discord is much more sleezy to me.

BS has no way to moderate or control that.
    Post edited by Sleepwell on
  • What r these commands? When I join a bg late it’s like pulling teeth to get a location to meet up with
  • Really? Is it cheating to have three accounts and have a character logged onto each realm? Come on, Nate.
  • You have someone admitting to joining my bg from the enemy bg.

They can see my numbers, and my location with one simple command. They can read where we are porting and what we are doing.

HERORIUS

• What is the location command?
  • lol
    HERORIUS

• I’m serious. I had no idea a bg location command existed
    [removed]
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
  • If it's legal then cool. I'm seeking clarification.
    HERORIUS

Nightmare wrote: »
    [removed]

Baiting. @Carol_Broadsword

LOL You literally just complained to me about censoring speech on the Video Forum. What a freaking hypocrite. Rules only apply when your BG leader is getting his feelings hurt?
    CATACUSX/Einherjarl - ASATRUAR
  • Cartoan wrote: »
    Really? Is it cheating to have three accounts and have a character logged onto each realm? Come on, Nate.

I think that's pretty cut and dry cheating. Spying = Cheating. Maybe not in the BS' ToS way, but still pretty shitty.
  • censorship and cheating are 2 different things
    HERORIUS

[removed]
  • Rulother wrote: »
    Cartoan wrote: »
    Really? Is it cheating to have three accounts and have a character logged onto each realm? Come on, Nate.

I think that's pretty cut and dry cheating. Spying = Cheating. Maybe not in the BS' ToS way, but still pretty shitty.

100% agreed.
    HERORIUS

• INACA wrote: »
    @Natebruner Show everyone on the doll where he touched you.

Ok. Now go to your safe place.

LOL You literally just complained to me about censoring speech on the Video Forum. What a freaking hypocrite. Rules only apply when your BG leader is getting his feelings hurt?

No, baiting is against the CoC that applies to post's on the official forums. My statement to you was in a different thread regarding a different topic. Your reply is also against the CoC (Please see section 7 of the Code of Conduct).

If you wish to continue with such banter please do so on Post Count or any other thread board you wish. These are the official DAoC forum boards.

No, baiting is against the CoC that applies to post's on the official forums. My statement to you was in a different thread regarding a different topic. Your reply is also against the CoC (Please see section 7 of the Code of Conduct).

If you wish to continue with such banter please do so on Post Count or any other thread board you wish. These are the official DAoC forum boards.

Exactly. Lets have a civil adult conversation on the officials please.
    HERORIUS

I'm talking about your obvious hypocrisy. The CoC also applies to the content of the video, yet you were upset I brought it up. HYPOCRITE.....

[removed]
  • Please do not resort to name calling.
    HERORIUS

[removed]

Thank you Amp. I hate to see new folks coming back to the game having to read posts like that.
    HERORIUS

[removed]

Message them all you want. Someone has to maintain balance from the skewed views of Nate. Every day it's something else.

Balance. We need it. I've said it once and I'll say it again. This guy is a trash player, a hypocrite, a cheat, and an obvious stain on the official forums.

So here I am.... Balancing the universe. :D
  • Natebruner wrote: »
    Please refrain from derailing this thread @INACA. You have violated at least section 7 of the CoC multiple times already today and I do not wish to have to message a moderator due to your inability to keep discussion on topic and civil.

This thread is to clarify what constitutes as cheating within DAoC, specifically, the act of cross-realming for the purposes of obtaining an unfair advantage.

Thank you Amp. I hate to see new folks coming back to the game having to read posts like that.

God forbid someone sees a Nate post then. HA
  • @INACA bruh, take a break from the fourms, its a game. Does this/these people affect you so much you can’t help yourself? Let’s get some answers instead of mouth flapping. TY.
    [removed]
    Please refrain from derailing this thread @INACA. You have violated at least section 7 of the CoC multiple times already today and I do not wish to have to message a moderator due to your inability to keep discussion on topic and civil.

This thread is to clarify what constitutes as cheating within DAoC, specifically, the act of cross-realming for the purposes of obtaining an unfair advantage.

Message them all you want. Someone has to maintain balance from the skewed views of Nate. Every day it's something else.

Balance. We need it. I've said it once and I'll say it again. This guy is a trash player, a hypocrite, a cheat, and an obvious stain on the official forums.

Correct me if I am wrong, but you are actually expressing (through text) your personal, biased, disdained opinion of the person in context through the use of bashing, name calling, baiting and trolling.

All are violations of the Code of Conduct. If you share differing opinions or disagree with the content of something that is posted one may offer an alternative opinion or rebuke said content in a constructive and civil manner without resorting to breaking board rules.
    INACA wrote: »

Correct me if I am wrong, but you are actually expressing (through text) your personal, biased, disdained opinion of the person in context through the use of bashing, name calling, baiting and trolling.

All are violations of the Code of Conduct. If you share differing opinions or disagree with the content of something that is posted one may offer an alternative opinion or rebuke said content in a constructive and civil manner without resorting to breaking board rules.

:* I guess they can ban me then. /shrug bro

BALANCE
    Post edited by INACA on
  • Snaillyn wrote: »
    @INACA bruh, take a break from the fourms, its a game. Does this/these people affect you so much you can’t help yourself? Let’s get some answers instead of mouth flapping. TY.

You can see what Alb Nation over time has people acting like. It's a legit question.
    HERORIUS

• Natebruner wrote: »
    Snaillyn wrote: »
    @INACA bruh, take a break from the fourms, its a game. Does this/these people affect you so much you can’t help yourself? Let’s get some answers instead of mouth flapping. TY.

You can see what Alb Nation over time has people acting like. It's a legit question.

It's a F@#(*&$ REALM FFS.
  • they took out the location command awhile back all it shows is they in nf
  • Do not let anger get in the way of seeking the truth.
    HERORIUS

• Is it ok to join the enemy bg to obtain information ?

Still waiting on an answer.
    HERORIUS

• We'll reply to this shortly, for now closing while we review posts for moderation.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Being logged into two different realms at the same time is considered cross-realming and as such not allowed. If you suspect someone is doing this, please open a Violation Report via the /appeal function so our CSRs can investigate. Make sure to provide a brief description of what you observed, the name of the player you suspect to be cross-realming, time and date, and ideally you can also provide name(s) of the other character(s) the player is online with. The issue will then be investigated and actioned accordingly if warranted. You will not be informed about the outcome of these investigations due to our privacy policy.

Keep in mind though that just because someone says they are dual logged, it doesn't necessarily mean they actually are. Some people simply enjoy to troll and cause upsets. As such, the mere fact that someone said they are dual logging is not enough to issue any penalties. Like with any other accusation, it will be investigated.

Since third party apps such as Discord and Teamspeak were mentioned, as Sleepwell correctly stated we do not observe, moderate or control these programmes in regard of in-game violations.

I hope this could clarify the issue!
    DAoC German Community Admin
    Broadsword Online Games

Shileahs Camelot-Kompendium - DAoC-Infos auf Deutsch
    Shileah of House Dara, the First of Her name, the Unressed, Master of Stickloss, Queen of Inc-Screams, Purge-Fails and lost Line of Sight, Breaker of Mezz, Mother of Doggos
This discussion has been closed.