Producer's Letter: Summer and Fall Outlook

124»

Comments

• edited July 2018 PM
    I think that was what they were planning on doing but decided that implementing a new currency would be a pain to do so they decided to just keep it at bp's instead @Blindd.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • Seems more to me that they don`t have the necessary coding skills....
  • edited July 2018 PM
    Where is the god dam patch!

Moving forward i would like to see focus on updating toa, si and catacombs gear. When i mean update i mean adding maybe 5 str and 5 dex mythicial stat and cap to winged helm not giving it a op new 500+ heal. Also updating unused items like battler, golden spear or croc tooth dagger. I find it hard to believe 1 dev cant take a week or 2 and update like 100 items stats to make them more current.
    Post edited by Sepphiroth75 on
  • Can we please stop messing around with gear?! There are more than enough items to create perfect or near perfect templates. Perhaps one of the reasons more impactful changes aren't put through in a timely manner is because they can't stop screwing around with new gear or changes to gear. Not everyone desires to create a new template every week because they can't make up their mind.
  • maybe if they updated old items in game instead of creating 8 month campaigns for new gear we would have more population?
  • maybe if they updated old items in game instead of creating 8 month campaigns for new gear we would have more population?

I get the frustration concerning outdated artifacts/gear but I seriously doubt the population issue is tied to frustrations over old artifacts/gear. Partially tied to Broadsword's focus on developing aforementioned campaigns, possibly.
  • edited July 2018 PM
    broadsword focused too much on trying to capture a new audience instead of the old player which is a head scratcher considering their marketing dollars are the equivelant of a 3rd graders lemon stands earnings.
    Post edited by Sepphiroth75 on
  • no patch no resub
  • Where is the god dam patch!

Moving forward i would like to see focus on updating toa, si and catacombs gear. When i mean update i mean adding maybe 5 str and 5 dex mythicial stat and cap to winged helm not giving it a op new 500+ heal. Also updating unused items like battler, golden spear or croc tooth dagger. I find it hard to believe 1 dev cant take a week or 2 and update like 100 items stats to make them more current.

completely agree, ... but i still use battler ... took me over an hour to take a purple keep a few days back solo (well, not really solo, i had my bot with me but for all purpose ... ) without rams or anything though .... 9 % loss in con on weapons though, ouch. con loss is ****, no matter what BS says atm.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • broadsword focused too much on trying to capture a new audience instead of the old player which is a head scratcher considering their marketing dollars are the equivelant of a 3rd graders lemon stands earnings.

what new audience are they trying to reach, lol, without advertising for which they don't have the money ?

they should focus on the people that are playing and the people that 'might' resub.

changing the game too much doesn't go well with people returning, trying to find something familiar.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.

no

BS is all about going 'look what fantastic thing we can do' and then going, uhm, what went wrong ?

... maybe discard the 'uhm, what went wrong'.

... what are the chances that this will get deleted for dev bashing ?
  • Broadsword has definitely dug a deep hole for itself to get out of. Not saying they cant get out but moving forward they need to put all resources to winning back old players and making current players happy. During euro prime time prior to the class balance patch had all 3 realms with 300-450 players on. Now its 150-200 and that is scary.
  • edited July 2018 PM
    A question -
    for those of us who subscribe to Better Gnomes and Gardens - will these BP trophies be available at a lower cost later? or should those of who want the other realm trophies keep farming the supply quest to buy them now?
    It's a pita with how camped it is now.. "great" for action but sucks for collectors.

I understand the intent - but it isn't very conducive to keeping a new(er) player happy.
    I could not care less about new armor molds.. I actually want the trophies. I am frankly sick of having to re-template everything and with the current crafting system - no.
    When the BPs get stripped - and the cap changes - they will be impossible to obtain. Please reconsider the BP cap - maybe increase your intended cost on the molds or whatever.

(in the future) Forcing anyone to go to the "Solo" zone for boxes - you are just leading people to slaughter to complete a quest.
    Risk vs Reward is one thing.. and this is not it.

If anyone wants to spend their BP and give me any of the trophies - PM me - I have been spending so much time farming I have zero time to even really play :(
    <3
    Post edited by Ssavii on
  • @Muylae Now that I have posted here, now it will get removed, along with my next ban.
  • Sovereign wrote: »
    Can we please stop messing around with gear?! There are more than enough items to create perfect or near perfect templates. Perhaps one of the reasons more impactful changes aren't put through in a timely manner is because they can't stop screwing around with new gear or changes to gear. Not everyone desires to create a new template every week because they can't make up their mind.

amen, i'm sick of retemplating
  • broadsword focused too much on trying to capture a new audience instead of the old player which is a head scratcher considering their marketing dollars are the equivelant of a 3rd graders lemon stands earnings.

how do they think they can attract new players ? the only thing they do is offend old players and make them quit.

people don't play daoc for a new experience, they play daoc because it's old and familiar. if they change the game too much they lose their old players.