Easy way to revamp artifacts

What if BS just added a small mythical bonus to every artifact in the spirit of its other stats. For example: Bracer of Zo gets additional 6 mythical dex Or acuity? Maybe some artifacts gain mythical CC reduction, maybe some get mythical DPS. Not huge bonuses but something like 5% reduction or 5 mythical stat cap.

Wouldn’t think be something easy to code in and increase interest in what is considered relatively dead content?

Also, make it so people have to do the encounters again to get the new versions (it’s actually fun).

@Carol_Broadsword thoughts?
Symonde (Cleric)
Symfriar (Friar duh)
Symsorc (Double duh)
Sympets (Theurg)
Symmond (Arms)
Some random mids and hibs
Tagged:

Comments

• edited May 2018 PM
    would need a bit more then a few stat points to make a lot of them worth having over hot and heal procs

would be very cool if they revamped some of their /uses and made them a lot better and modern, toa is a great and beautiful pve experience and it is huge with tons of different things to do, would be a wonderful thing to revamp

perhaps you need to do the encounter to unlock the new /use the arti has, or the encounter drops an item that u have to turn in to get the upgraded artifact, it would be great to see people out having fun doing/camping encounters in toa again, I hate pve in all games, but I didn't mind running around toa so much
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • Just don't make them so game breaking that I need to retemp everything again. I just got the Cursed sets / Gloves on my characters LOL.

I think it would be cool to see a few upgrades to artifacts....especially the ones that nobody ever uses.
    Tral
  • I love toa artifacts, the videos in my sig are like 1 year old and I use 6-7 artifacts in my temp ! lol
  • Calconious wrote: »
    Just don't make them so game breaking that I need to retemp everything again. I just got the Cursed sets / Gloves on my characters LOL.

I think it would be cool to see a few upgrades to artifacts....especially the ones that nobody ever uses.

This!! Everytime I hear about updating items my butthole puckers up out of fear that I will have to re-template AGAIN. I'm all about putting in new stuff in the game, but quit trying to remake the wheel BS. Keep items at a similar utility to comparable items and keep the charges/procs to things that already exist.
  • i really do miss having to farm scrolls for hours on end, some may not like it but i guess im more of a farmer then a pvper, BUT the glass and bp buying merchants ruined the game for me, i would love for the arties to get updated but there are some still good, EoY i think needs to be on every healer, the one where it makes chants area-wide instead of grp wide needs to be on every chanter, BoZ is great for intrupting healers or casters while focusing on others
  • Yea I mean arties/ToA is on the list but it's a bit away. Right now we're 1.125 focused then the Endless Conquest. We've a housing patch and would like to look back over SI/TOA etc....we listed this in a recent Grab Bag:

http://www.darkageofcamelot.com/article/friday-grab-bag-04272018
    Since Otherworlds and Dragon Curse raids have been a success, is there a possibility we could see an update of loot tables in Master level 10 Dungeon or any of the old PvE area's that were a success to DAoC back in the day?
    Based on the multitude of feedback regarding PvE over the past few years, we have decided to hold off for a good while on adding in or improving large-amounts of loot/equipment. We may still introduce a few items or existing item-variants for special events over the next year or so but we have no plans for massive PvE-based overhauls or revamps. Instead, we’ll be focusing on RvR improvements, streamlining the returning player experience, and client updates in conjunction with the Endless Conquest update coming.

Over the longer-term (1-3 years) we will of course be looking at all aspects of the game for improvement with Housing, Catacombs, Trials of Atlantis, and Shrouded Isles all on the table (and likely in that order).

I know it's all encompassing but an update to arties we'd like to do a sweep of, not just bit by bit (in general/unless issue) and then that'd mean an encounter rework also.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games