amnesia

With all the FTP accounts about to happen.. Could we make it to a little more friendly to solos and smalls mans by making it so amnesia does NOT knock you off your horse? Seems like this would be a good change. I realize the people against this will mostly be hib groups who profit hugely from insta amnesia popping people off their horses at ridiculous range and then 8v1ing people down, but.. it's worth considering.
~Westies

Comments

  • i agree, its can still be used to interrupt without knocking solos off their horse, so game play isn't affected at all
  • Yeah for sure it should interrupt like normal .. but It gets really old getting amnesia'd off a horse at really long range by full groups.
    ~Westies
  • Is it just amnesia, or the fact that you are put into combat that knocks you off? I thought near sight, or any combat inducing ability had the same effect?
  • Yes, but only amnesia is that range AND insta on hib.
  • LunaVey wrote: »
    Is it just amnesia, or the fact that you are put into combat that knocks you off? I thought near sight, or any combat inducing ability had the same effect?

    amnesia "especially the hib insta" is the main issue. With all the + ranges in this game and the lag. Hibs just spam it until it hits a lag spike and then another solo or small man get run over by a group of hibs.

    I cant remember the last time someone NS me off a horse. That would require actual skill.
    ~Westies
  • I can understand the frustation. A small work around is to get hastener speed. That doesnt break from non damage spells.
  • Atrival wrote: »
    I can understand the frustation. A small work around is to get hastener speed. That doesnt break from non damage spells.

    Yeah but hastener speed < bard speed. So it just delays the inevitable. I don't think getting popped off your horse at pretty much clip range was the original intent.
    ~Westies
  • Atrival wrote: »
    I can understand the frustation. A small work around is to get hastener speed. That doesnt break from non damage spells.
    Are you sure about this? Amnesia put the target and the caster in combat. Both should lose any speed they had.
  • It’s a joke that this hasn’t been fixed.
    Da ant familyDa fly familyDa spider family
    https://www.daocutils.com/chimp/daredant
  • I can understand getting a little frustrated by the bard's amnesia, however honestly in the big picture of the game. It's really not an issue compared to the realm/class imbalances that impact groups and BG's to a much greater extent.

    One could reverse the argument to say horse speed is too fast (Which I am not, but could go like this): I try to catch solo after solo on my solo speed class and can never catch up to other solos on horses.

    More importantly, amnesia is one "small" ability against the ranges that Albion casters have been afforded and more recently had further augmented. It may be instant, but it is still less range than a sorc's which has a 2 sec cast time. (1 sec actual w/ bonuses and dex)

    The Skald and Minstrel saw a bit of love the last patch. The Bard saw nothing aside from the baseline changes that all 3 got. No one wants to play bard, there aren't many that do, and it is one of 2 classes that decide whether 7 other Hibs get to rvr. The non bard option also requires over nerfed & underplayed classes.


    I think you run a damn beast solo Smiter, but soloing, as with any play style, does have its risks, like being vulnerable to 1 class out of 32 from a certain distance.

    Oh!, and I Near sight people off horses all the time. /eg
  • Ewer wrote: »
    Atrival wrote: »
    I can understand the frustation. A small work around is to get hastener speed. That doesnt break from non damage spells.
    Are you sure about this? Amnesia put the target and the caster in combat. Both should lose any speed they had.

    Bard +duration on his speed spells means he keeps his speed up,..... but the rest of the group still runs you down.
    ~Westies
  • LunaVey wrote: »
    1. I can understand getting a little frustrated by the bard's amnesia, however honestly in the big picture of the game. It's really not an issue compared to the realm/class imbalances that impact groups and BG's to a much greater extent.

    2. One could reverse the argument to say horse speed is too fast (Which I am not, but could go like this): I try to catch solo after solo on my solo speed class and can never catch up to other solos on horses.

    3. More importantly, amnesia is one "small" ability against the ranges that Albion casters have been afforded and more recently had further augmented. It may be instant, but it is still less range than a sorc's which has a 2 sec cast time. (1 sec actual w/ bonuses and dex)

    4. The Skald and Minstrel saw a bit of love the last patch. The Bard saw nothing aside from the baseline changes that all 3 got. No one wants to play bard, there aren't many that do, and it is one of 2 classes that decide whether 7 other Hibs get to rvr. The non bard option also requires over nerfed & underplayed classes.


    5. I think you run a damn beast solo Smiter, but soloing, as with any play style, does have its risks, like being vulnerable to 1 class out of 32 from a certain distance.

    Oh!, and I Near sight people off horses all the time. /eg

    1. If your argument is that they have bigger problems to fix, I agree but this is literally a 1 min fix if they choose to do this.
    2. They put horses into RvR to give non speed classes a fighting chance, then put in more increased range and made temps EZer to max range. Seems like they should adjust more of a fighting chance.
    3. Just make it so it wont pop people off horses, Still make it interrupt people? This could be coded, when you try to cast a spell that is not instant, it drops your horse and gives you interrupt text if you been tapped w/ amnesia.
    4. Skald instas they just hold down and spam until someone is in range is trash also, they just don't have stupid long range.
    5. I'm a half decent Smiter at best, I just exploit the laziness and ignorance of other RvR players. BUT... while bards are 1 of 32 players... how many small-mans and groups run a bard? The vast majority.

    I just want a more of a fighting chance for solos and small mans. Its sad how many people just get run over by hib groups cause of 1 insta.
    ~Westies
  • Westies wrote: »
    LunaVey wrote: »
    1. I can understand getting a little frustrated by the bard's amnesia, however honestly in the big picture of the game. It's really not an issue compared to the realm/class imbalances that impact groups and BG's to a much greater extent.

    2. One could reverse the argument to say horse speed is too fast (Which I am not, but could go like this): I try to catch solo after solo on my solo speed class and can never catch up to other solos on horses.

    3. More importantly, amnesia is one "small" ability against the ranges that Albion casters have been afforded and more recently had further augmented. It may be instant, but it is still less range than a sorc's which has a 2 sec cast time. (1 sec actual w/ bonuses and dex)

    4. The Skald and Minstrel saw a bit of love the last patch. The Bard saw nothing aside from the baseline changes that all 3 got. No one wants to play bard, there aren't many that do, and it is one of 2 classes that decide whether 7 other Hibs get to rvr. The non bard option also requires over nerfed & underplayed classes.


    5. I think you run a damn beast solo Smiter, but soloing, as with any play style, does have its risks, like being vulnerable to 1 class out of 32 from a certain distance.

    Oh!, and I Near sight people off horses all the time. /eg

    1. If your argument is that they have bigger problems to fix, I agree but this is literally a 1 min fix if they choose to do this.
    2. They put horses into RvR to give non speed classes a fighting chance, then put in more increased range and made temps EZer to max range. Seems like they should adjust more of a fighting chance.
    3. Just make it so it wont pop people off horses, Still make it interrupt people? This could be coded, when you try to cast a spell that is not instant, it drops your horse and gives you interrupt text if you been tapped w/ amnesia.
    4. Skald instas they just hold down and spam until someone is in range is trash also, they just don't have stupid long range.
    5. I'm a half decent Smiter at best, I just exploit the laziness and ignorance of other RvR players. BUT... while bards are 1 of 32 players... how many small-mans and groups run a bard? The vast majority.

    I just want a more of a fighting chance for solos and small mans. Its sad how many people just get run over by hib groups cause of 1 insta.

    This... all of this... if Broadsword doesn't finally fix bard amnesia now then they truly are the worst devs a game has ever seen.
  • Amnesia range was already nerfed for this reason.
    If they are able to make it so you dont knocked of the horse when getting to close to a bard, range should get back to normal.
  • Auf_Nymf wrote: »
    Amnesia range was already nerfed for this reason.
    If they are able to make it so you dont knocked of the horse when getting to close to a bard, range should get back to normal.

    You're saying the sole reason they lowered instant amnesia range was for horses. I think it was more to adjust for all the +rangecreep into this game and to help mids and albs land mez at range. I do not recall them saying that horses were the reason.
    ~Westies
  • Sheron wrote: »
    Yes, but only amnesia is that range AND insta on hib.

    The range of Amnesia is shorter on hib...that's why it's insta. Amnesia is fine, if you solo on a visi expect it to happen if you get yourself in amnesia range. Just pay more attention idk, its RvR you die sometimes. Rather than having them not break a spell just because someone doesnt want to get knocked off horse, why not try running greater speed of the hunt. I think that gives you a buffer while on horse? If not avoid amnesia sorry.
  • edited May 2018 PM
    Westies wrote: »
    Auf_Nymf wrote: »
    Amnesia range was already nerfed for this reason.
    If they are able to make it so you dont knocked of the horse when getting to close to a bard, range should get back to normal.

    You're saying the sole reason they lowered instant amnesia range was for horses. I think it was more to adjust for all the +rangecreep into this game and to help mids and albs land mez at range. I do not recall them saying that horses were the reason.

    Im not stating it was the sole reason, and you r correct about it not mentioned in patch notes.
    But it was one of the reasons.
    Post edited by Auf_Nymf on
  • deam0 wrote: »
    Sheron wrote: »
    Yes, but only amnesia is that range AND insta on hib.

    The range of Amnesia is shorter on hib...that's why it's insta. Amnesia is fine, if you solo on a visi expect it to happen if you get yourself in amnesia range. Just pay more attention idk, its RvR you die sometimes. Rather than having them not break a spell just because someone doesnt want to get knocked off horse, why not try running greater speed of the hunt. I think that gives you a buffer while on horse? If not avoid amnesia sorry.

    Speed of hunt + horse does not give you faster speed. It would not be breaking a spell to fix this. It would be simply taking away the ability for 8 mans to run over people on horses as Free RPS because of an instant.
    ~Westies
  • Auf_Nymf wrote: »
    Westies wrote: »
    Auf_Nymf wrote: »
    Amnesia range was already nerfed for this reason.
    If they are able to make it so you dont knocked of the horse when getting to close to a bard, range should get back to normal.

    You're saying the sole reason they lowered instant amnesia range was for horses. I think it was more to adjust for all the +rangecreep into this game and to help mids and albs land mez at range. I do not recall them saying that horses were the reason.

    Im not stating it was the sole reason, and you r correct about it not mentioned in patch notes.
    But it was one of the reasons.

    Yeah I looked in the notes and couldn't find it either.
    ~Westies
  • Someone should make a poll so we can get an accurate number of people who are for/against insta 2500+ range amnesia that is otherwise useless except for knocking people off of horses. I bet everyone is for it except for the bards. It's pathetic. Gone on too long. Thanks for this post.

    Also fix spirit warrior. Also fix assassins. Also fix curse 1-10 bugs or make it do-able by 1fg jfc Broadsword
  • First mission is to get a poll and see who actually know the range...
    A Sorc at speed 6 that face+amnesia gets his castable Amnesia off before a Bard with his insta amnesia can knock someone off a horse if they ran side by side.
  • Id vote yes in a heart beat. The thought of spamming amnesia without being put in combat would be awesome.
  • I forgot what we were talking about.
  • Dementia in vamps

  • I always thought this was goofy when I played my Bard. I just chase after people mashing a key making jokes about sickly gazelle who can't keep up with the herd.

    It's nice to have an ability to stop runners, but I can see why it pisses people off. I hated being a victim of it, and it feels cheesy to use it.
Sign In or Register to comment.