How to promote the full potential of this game!

edited April 2018 in General Board
Hi all,

I think in order to show the full potential of this game we need to show more PvE raids as well as RvR by twitchtv/youtube and screenshots on facebook and other social media sites. I know RvR is the focus of this game but showing PvE side as well shows variety of game play.

If on my raids someone wants to take screenshots or wants to twitchtv it I'm very happy for them to do that. Unfortunately since I'm so busy making sure everyone on the right step and are following, I don't have time to do both.

I think this should be done on all 3 realms!!

I also think we need more to twitchtv on other events and just really push for more players to screenshot and hand them either into broadsword to put on the facebook page or advertise it on your own facebook page / group whatever. Just get the word out there about this game! I understand Endless conquest is coming out but showing the variety of the game will get more people interested in playing a F2P account and hopefully buy the game subs after.

The more is out there about this game the better the chances of population growing!

Any other suggestions to get DAoC out there please reply below!
Post edited by Solicfear1 on
Tagged:

Comments

• edited April 2018 PM
    When i mean other events it could be as follows:

More and more guides of Dragon's Curse Campaign, Otherworlds, Levelling old and new ways in DAoC (Town quests), How to RvR in Molvik and Cathal Valley, Character specs etc, How to template (direct then to a site that gives good templates)

I would also recommend to put all video footage and screenshots of these events on the Herald but not totally sure if they have the new site coming out soon.

This really does help!
    Post edited by Solicfear1 on
  • Solic you should talk to "Sagacious one" he runs his Twitch channel starting at 8pm cst everyday except sundays.. He plays all 3 realms which i am against but he does it in a way that imo promotes DAOC better than anyone currently.
  • Thanks Zewks,

I'll definitely get hold of him!
  • the problem here is your just advertising to people who play, when it comes to trying to get new players...well...put up some money for them to spend or shut up basically what it comes down to
  • the problem here is your just advertising to people who play, when it comes to trying to get new players...well...put up some money for them to spend or shut up basically what it comes down to

Don't think you read my post probably. I'm asking players who stream or who take screenshots to do more of it so we can get this game out there and show all aspects this game gives rather than just RvR.

I understand as i said this is a focused RvR game but if we show also the PvE side it may bring some of the players back that liked both aspects of the game. Some people didn't just join this game to do just RvR they also liked doing both.

• but what im saying is streaming is only for people already looking for daoc, its not a top title so everyone who goes to the streams are already daoc players...you know?
  • but what im saying is streaming is only for people already looking for daoc, its not a top title so everyone who goes to the streams are already daoc players...you know?

This isn't entirely true. I always have new people in my streams who found the stream and then decide to ask a few questions, watch a bit, and re-activate. We've also had new people start accounts from watching.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Chang the subscription pricing to the amount of game content the player is looking for. This would raise the population by bringing back old players & make it more appealing to sub up a F2P account and also tone down the problem of realm hopping.

1 Realm $8.00
    2 Realm $12.00
    3 Realm $15.00
  • your just cutting money from BS here, $15 is not much by any means and any actual good game is $15...with their F2P model it would be better then just lowering the price