How are Theug in RvR and Raids?

I understand which spec to go and all that. But how are they in RvR and Raids? or should I look into another class?

Comments

• Theurgists are great in RvR, they fit into almost all kinds of groups. The learning curve isn't that bad on a theurgist; outside of petting certain classes there isn't that much to do except an odd assist nuke here and there, and attack speed debuffing (if you're Earth spec). The hardest part to learn is probably positioning and quickly identifying classes that need pets on them, and then deciding which pets to send on them.

As for raids, some places they work great because the pets will increase the hit rate and damage on high level mobs. However, I imagine at certain places you wouldn't want to cast pets as in some encounters, if a pet gets the killing blow on a quest mob, the group/BG won't get credit for the kill. That said, PBT, attack speed debuff, and just nuking are all valuable tools that a theurgist can also bring for raids/PvE.
  • I don’t play a theurg, nor have I ever, but I hear the earth line has a pretty decent AOE. If this is true, I really wish some theurgists would play the role that thanes do as far as keeping everyone and their mother without MoC interrupted for the duration of a fight. Zerg only of course.
  • Seethyr wrote: »
    I don’t play a theurg, nor have I ever, but I hear the earth line has a pretty decent AOE. If this is true, I really wish some theurgists would play the role that thanes do as far as keeping everyone and their mother without MoC interrupted for the duration of a fight. Zerg only of course.

As far as AOE, tics/wizards/cabbies/necros do a far better job than earth theurgs.