Classes to avoid?

Returning after long break. Looking to start fresh. I'm pretty open on which class to play but want to make sure I don't invest time in a dud class.

Are there any classes I should actively avoid?

Comments

• Depends what type of class you enjoy. That said, every class can perform well. Do you prefer soloing, grouping, or zerging?
  • Grouping but given population I will be required to solo a lot while leveling
  • Leveling is 6 hours in total, I wouldn't consider it an important factor in a class choice
  • You can casually get to 50 through town quests and BG quests in 3-5 hours. It's not too bad, for grouping obviously avoid stealthers since they don't get visit groups. Other than that, there are only a handful of classes that won't really get a lot of groups (wiz, reaver come to mind)
  • Depending on player ability and how you would like to group but sometimes solo visi, stay away from stealther. They are fun but require lots of know-how of every aspect of the game to really shine. Any light tank on any realm is great for solo and group except Reaver has no place in 8man. Valk/skald/valewalker even pally is fun to play solo/8man. Heavy tanks as well. Wizzy is kinda worthless solo and some caster classes are very difficult to solo with unless you just wait to always have MoC up
  • Short list now is warden/druid/hero/paladin/friar/berserker/shaman/Thane

All viable?

All viable?

Yep.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • Are there specific town quest or BG quests I should do to level fast? Anyone have a good guide? 4-6 hours seems insanely fast. Is there a special trick?
  • Tutorial until lvl 10-11. Town quests till like lvl 20ish then hit up BGs after that. Get to lvl 35 then just run the tower quest until 40. Then tower quest in leirvik until 44.9. Then complete all quests to lvl up to like 47 then run quests in cathal valley BG until 50. Once you hit 35 it goes super fast with tower quests.
  • Tower quest doesn’t involve killing anything. Just accepting quest running to a tower on the map then suicide at an enemy CK. Rinse and repeat.
  • Thanks all!
  • At level 30 the glass quests offer far better XP than the level 30 town quests or the BG, plus you'll get a good supply of BP's and begin a questline you will later need to have complete at 50 if you wish to do the weekly BP quest (90k? BP's a week for pve that takes 30~ minutes). This will help you gear some toons faster if you're new to the game/don't have any BP's. (500k is the cap)
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet

All viable?

Melee in this game is a joke, and I wouldn't recommend a melee char to anyone. Roll a ranged class that has access to 3 methods of crowd control, be it mez/root/snare/stun/disease, or whatever. Then you'll be able to solo and be of great use to a group.

Of your choices:

- Warden
    EXCELLENT choice as it offers a lot to a group, can serve as a peeler, and gives you plenty to do.
    - Druid
    Another good choice. With the buff pots used today, you're not going to have to worry about buffing, and can split your spec between heals and more offense abilities.

- Shaman
    Great for that disease and root. Excellent choice for grouping.

• Ignore MrZerg
  • @Postman1832 when you level, I suggest doing the starting town quests when you get to the level of a new town. You are elligible to new town quests at 15, 20, 25, etc.

Just the first round of quests thay consist of talking to NPCs around town usually give 1-2 levels that litterally take 2 minutes. Then go to the BGs after, the mobs will be much easier to kill.

At level 30, I suggest you go in ToA and donthe chest quest, that quest is given by Wicoessa, she's behind the djins by a big rock. You just dive underwater and pick up chest, 1 level per turn in. You do that for levels 30-35. At 35 you do the tower quests like Nerthiis mentionned.

As for classes, all classes you mentionned are in a great spot, for all play styles. Thane is more on the caster side now, compared to what you've maybe experienced in the past.

MrZerg is a troll that complains about cc in every post he makes. So I'd just ignore him if I was you, he basically wants to play WoW.
  • Agree with ignoring MrZerg. His thoughts and opinions on the game are delusional at best.
  • if you ever want someone to lvl with just ask me if I'm not working I don't mind
  • Ignore MrZerg
    Agree with ignoring MrZerg. His thoughts and opinions on the game are delusional at best.

"...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
  • So i finally got time to play. Just did 3 BG quests that took about 15 minutes and got a little over half a level. Not sure how this equates to 3-5 hours from 1-50. Am i missing something?
  • Are you playing an endless conquet account?
  • Yeah, didnt need to upgrade for warden. is that it?
  • Yeah unfortunately, the EC xp restrictions hurt that timeframe
  • Took me about 20 hours doing town quests and BG quests on EC when it launched to reach 50.
  • edited July 2020 PM
    You wont be happy with EC, so if upgrading is an option for you, do it.
    EC has 100 of restrictions.
    Post edited by Kroko on
  • edited July 2020 PM
    No reason to do BG quests on your EC account, you don't get the XP bonus from being in an RvR zone.

Town quests and oceanus quests, 20-30 hours it takes me 1-50. Stop at the BG's for fun if you want, though depending on your usual playtime you could just run into tweaked out BG toons. Cathal Valley is a pretty good place for 45-50, a little less twinks.

You'll get way more BP's doing the TOA glass quest chain than the BG's will give you tenfold.
    Post edited by Dale_Perf on
  • going to keep my newb questions here. now 46 Warden. In Cathal Valley trying to get exp, lots more pvp here. I keep getting ganked in like 3 hits. How are others so much more powerful?
  • It could be their gear or your gear. Some people play in there with fully temped out toons, others don't. The BP gear in CV is a solid start, and you should look up artifacts minimum level and use them (if you plan to stay in CV to gain realm rank).

Some classes are going to have some insane spike DPS (savage, reaver, zerk just to name a few), and you will have to play very tactfully as a warden to beat them 1 vs 1. In todays game, I wouldn't work too much toward 1v1 prowess, focus on learning abilities/other classes abilities in a group/small man then work your way down.
  • Dale_Perf wrote: »
    It could be their gear or your gear. Some people play in there with fully temped out toons, others don't. The BP gear in CV is a solid start, and you should look up artifacts minimum level and use them (if you plan to stay in CV to gain realm rank).

Some classes are going to have some insane spike DPS (savage, reaver, zerk just to name a few), and you will have to play very tactfully as a warden to beat them 1 vs 1. In todays game, I wouldn't work too much toward 1v1 prowess, focus on learning abilities/other classes abilities in a group/small man then work your way down.

good advice
  • Armsman