2min ress sickness is so annoying.

I solo. That's all I do and getting rolled by grps or zergs is a way of life.

Whenever I die I just want to get back into the fray the run back etc. is something I cope with. It's "fine".

The ress sickness on the other hand is obnoxious and makes me want to log off. I've hated it for years.

Does it have to stay like this?

Am I alone on this?

Probably - if so, just consider this a venting post.

Comments

  • edited May 14 PM
    A nice QoL feature would allow Healer NPCs to cure RvR sickness after /release. Restoration potions and the ML8 cure would still be useful after being resurrected by another player.
    Post edited by puter on
  • Agree, reduce it to 60 seconds please or even remove completely. It is so annoying. It would also be nice to combine tenacity, Omni and cele pots
  • Ildra wrote: »
    I solo. That's all I do and getting rolled by grps or zergs is a way of life.

    Whenever I die I just want to get back into the fray the run back etc. is something I cope with. It's "fine".

    The ress sickness on the other hand is obnoxious and makes me want to log off. I've hated it for years.

    Does it have to stay like this?

    Am I alone on this?

    Probably - if so, just consider this a venting post.

    I minute like bgs/Caledonia please! and remove snare too and keep only the effectiveness debuff.
  • This is a great post. I'm sure the rez sick timer once served a purpose. Let's be real there has to be a penalty in an MMO that keeps people from getting right back in the same fight. That's fair.. But considering how fast-paced this game has become maybe @Broadsword should look into this.

    The easiest solution at this point is to buy Restoration pots. At this point in the game, when I see players spam in /region with "any cure rez sick in relic town?" I kind of get annoyed, but on the other side of that coin I think some people might not have the same access to theses potions as I do. They are pretty expensive in housing honestly, and unless you have old money or have the means to craft them yourselves I'm sure it can be something that is out of reach for the casual player.
  • Armagedden wrote: »
    This is a great post. I'm sure the rez sick timer once served a purpose. Let's be real there has to be a penalty in an MMO that keeps people from getting right back in the same fight. That's fair.. But considering how fast-paced this game has become maybe @Broadsword should look into this.

    The easiest solution at this point is to buy Restoration pots. At this point in the game, when I see players spam in /region with "any cure rez sick in relic town?" I kind of get annoyed, but on the other side of that coin I think some people might not have the same access to theses potions as I do. They are pretty expensive in housing honestly, and unless you have old money or have the means to craft them yourselves I'm sure it can be something that is out of reach for the casual player.

    They are indeed quite expensive - especially if you're a new player. Besides, do we really need another pot in our inventory? It is getting a bit ridiculous. :-|
  • I think the rezz sick has the purpose, that if youre in grp or in zerg and get rezzed, you cant fight with full power immediately. I think, this is not a bad idea.

    To help solos and others, maybe a NPC in relic town who can remove rezz sick would be a good idea. I dont think this has a big influence on the fights.

    But yea, restoration potion is made for this case. If you sell recipes for bountypoints, you should get alot of money for buying them.
  • I to think ress sick should be looked at.

    Im good with makeing it so if you release pve or pvp you dont get ress sick but if you get a ress you do still get it. I think that would work pretty well and still make the ress pots and ml8 still useful as most the time you cant release and port back into the same fight(if its a keep fight then break port as for porting back into the ev towers normally once the door is down you die instantly after porting back in so dont think it will be a problem)

    Hell could make a bonus feature for subbed acounts to help entice people to sub.
  • Level an alchemist and make resto pots, and/or lvl a perfector bot.
    Da ant familyDa fly familyDa spider family
    https://www.daocutils.com/chimp/daredant
  • Resto pot timer is BS though!
  • Anomally wrote: »
    Resto pot timer is BS though!

    This. Shouldn't share a timer with Sup pot, imo.
  • Anomally wrote: »
    Resto pot timer is BS though!

    Agreed. When you use it in fight, you have to wait 1min for being able to buff yourself. Thats not very helpful.
  • Or give up your gem slot to run GoLM.
  • puter wrote: »
    Anomally wrote: »
    Resto pot timer is BS though!

    This. Shouldn't share a timer with Sup pot, imo.

    it absolutely should share a timer.....
  • 1min is too long imo. Reduce it to 30secs.
  • Pop the resto first
  • Its still 1min till you can use sup
  • Kroko wrote: »
    Its still 1min till you can use sup

    Oh no. A whole minute.
    Da ant familyDa fly familyDa spider family
    https://www.daocutils.com/chimp/daredant
  • edited May 20 PM
    ...
    Post edited by Kroko on
  • My fav thing is the Rez sick horse running at crawl speed when out of endo
  • Kroko wrote: »
    I think the rezz sick has the purpose, that if youre in grp or in zerg and get rezzed, you cant fight with full power immediately. I think, this is not a bad idea.

    To help solos and others, maybe a NPC in relic town who can remove rezz sick would be a good idea. I dont think this has a big influence on the fights.

    But yea, restoration potion is made for this case. If you sell recipes for bountypoints, you should get alot of money for buying them.
    DaRedANT wrote: »
    Kroko wrote: »
    Its still 1min till you can use sup

    Oh no. A whole minute.

    Lol, it adds up. Basically I just afk for more than 2 minutes after I die because I cba. dealing with the slow run speed and reduced duration on buffs etc.
  • I can see having the healer npc remove rvr ressick i dont think that would break or hurt the game do to you haveing to release in order to use the npc and that way if you are ressed mid fight you still have to deal with it till it is off or you cure it. And as i said befor that could be a privilege for subbed players to make it more enticeing to sub even if its minor.
  • I don't think some of the timers/cooldowns on things really reflect the current state/speed of the game and how it's played.

    Omni-Pots for example - they could last longer with a higher resource cost to boot, as they often expire just running from point A to point B.

    Just adds tedium at this point.
  • Imagine being able to double or triple tap regen/celerity potions so they last longer instead of simply resetting the 10 minute timer. Old code I guess.
  • Hop onto your horse and run at full speed 6 while ress sick. Wait the timer out and pop your Supp/Conquest potion
  • Sickness should be removed totaly. If you die and get rezz: You earn less rps than others in your group for the next kills until rezz-sickness is gone.
    So you are double punished: You get killed AND you get less rps.
  • Isn't there an RA you can buy that lowers the timer for this? It's called Veil recovery. If you want a shorter timer that's what I'd suggest you look into. The RA is also a passive so you don't have a timer for that.

    Give that a look
  • You only lose out on RPs if you release, not if you're rezzed
  • Isn't there an RA you can buy that lowers the timer for this? It's called Veil recovery. If you want a shorter timer that's what I'd suggest you look into. The RA is also a passive so you don't have a timer for that.

    Give that a look


    LOL great call.

    /thread

    #CloseItDown
    Da ant familyDa fly familyDa spider family
    https://www.daocutils.com/chimp/daredant
  • Isn't there an RA you can buy that lowers the timer for this? It's called Veil recovery. If you want a shorter timer that's what I'd suggest you look into. The RA is also a passive so you don't have a timer for that.

    Give that a look

    34 Realm Spec Points for 80% off rez sickness time? lmao! No.
  • edited June 4 PM
    I think the majority of this post is people missing the point. There has a be a penalty for dying in combat. That is the main point. Restoration pots that tie-up a 1min to /use any other potion is working as intended.

    It comes down to "what do you do when you get rezzed out in RvR?.. *accept rez*, OK, now do I pop a supp pot and deal with 50% dmg reduc etc etc but have full health/af, or do I pop Resto pot and wait 1min before I can cast other potions"... Maybe you get PR'd tho, and dont need resto, or maybe you have a great sham/drood/cleric that will give you buffs the moment he sees that your up...

    On top of that, if its a tower/keep fight *with port (edit)* and you get rid of RvR illness, then the fight never stops aka no consequence for the defending team..

    But in reality, if you have resto pots and release to relic town you can be back in action in just over 1min... and they are relatively inexpensive, or if you're cheap like me.... make them yourself.. there is no excuse for all that blabber

    Post edited by Armagedden on
  • edited June 5 PM
    Yup. Plenty of ways to fix it.
    Veil Recovery.
    Have your healer PR you.
    Have a Perfector cure you.
    Deal with the potion timer.
    Drink the cure potion and blow a charge off the Pendragon ring instead of a supp potion.
    Template GoLM.
    Probably some others I missed.

    There is supposed to be a penalty for dying. Either accept it, or accept the hassle of fixing it.
    Instant full-power respawns? No.
    Post edited by Elkad on
  • Dark dragon Lockett has a cure ress sick on it
  • DaRedANT wrote: »
    Isn't there an RA you can buy that lowers the timer for this? It's called Veil recovery. If you want a shorter timer that's what I'd suggest you look into. The RA is also a passive so you don't have a timer for that.

    Give that a look


    LOL great call.

    /thread

    #CloseItDown

    :neutral:
Sign In or Register to comment.