Mithril lvl 50

edited February 2020 in General Board
Hi folks,

I just recently rejoined the game after a long afk time :)

Becasue I don't have my previous login credentlials any longer I was unable to reinstate my two previous accounts... I only remember the toon names and roughly what the user names & passwords were. I guess that isn't enough to gain control back over the accounts.... I would actually pay for my old accounts in addition to my now 2 new accounts if they would let me as I got teenage kids now who are eager to play as well.

So, here I am thinking to buy level 50 toons as I really don't want to PvE to get to RvR.

I understand how the purchasing process etc works. My question is more around gear. Will that purchased toon be 'naked'? I mean it is a significant amount of money you'll have to drop. I would expect there to be some sort of 'Here this will get you started gear' Is there somethign like that? I am thinking of buying 2 lvl50s but I don't want to run around without gear.

Anyone been through this process and can comment?

Thanks!
Post edited by Querbeet on

Comments

• When you buy the max skill token you then can take to the king and get a set of Kings Gear and jewelry/weapons which will cap all of your stats and resists. Only downside to them is there are no /uses on Kings Gear. But it is more than enough to get you back in action and RvRing.
  • The Illustrious bounty point items compliment the Kings gear rather nicely or bountycraft.
  • It doesnt really take that long to get to 50, unless you really dont care about the money, because you will get the same free gear if you lvled the toon as well.
  • .../level 50 That's the ticket.
  • I say that because I'd like to try and play a Champion but won't because I'm done with leveling characters and won't pay extra money for the experience.
  • edited February 2020 PM
    When you buy the max skill token you then can take to the king and get a set of Kings Gear and jewelry/weapons which will cap all of your stats and resists. Only downside to them is there are no /uses on Kings Gear. But it is more than enough to get you back in action and RvRing.

Thank you very much for your reply.

I was able to obtain the armor & weapon. The jewelry however...well I guess I give it another try.
  • edited February 2020 PM
    Cartoan wrote: »
    The Illustrious bounty point items compliment the Kings gear rather nicely or bountycraft.

I looked into it and I was hoping for somethign along those lines would be possible. That was a good hint. Thanks.
  • The normal free jewelry you get is from the merchant next to the king to the right he also has the weapons.
  • skeetz wrote: »
    It doesnt really take that long to get to 50, unless you really dont care about the money, because you will get the same free gear if you lvled the toon as well.

I know it always sounds arrogant if someone says it but if money would be the bottleneck for me I wouldn't have looked into this :)

I did level up quite a few toons on a free shard but that server doesn't give me what I left in 2007. I really liked DAoC a lot in its shape at the point when I had to leave. Now I am happy to jump right back into the game and spend my free time playing DAoC. A shame though that the server seems to be dying and with that DAoC seems to be at the tail end of its lifecycle. Better get the most out of it before EA shuts the doors ;)

• nah, population is bad since years. They wont shut it down that quickly. ^^