Groups Porting Through the "Solo Zones"

Currently there have been a bunch of groups using the portal stones at Folley, Trell and Moy. They roam up to them and kill all the solos or box questers there. Then the group disbands and ports to the next zone where they reform and then kill everyone there.

My solution is too make Obelisk buff a 1 minute duration pulse that is renewed for 6 hrs. This way solo players can temporarily group to add buffs like sojourner water breath and what not while not losing their ports and not allowing the groups to disband port and reform.

Comments

  • I had noticed this lately...i didn't realize, though, that the porting buff/ability persisted once you grouped. I thought you lost activated obelisks once you grouped. But it persisting is the issue IMO.
  • edited January 28 PM
    Theres not a good answer for this.

    1. People group to clear the area so that new players can gather boxes.- BS created a choke point for new players to come here. Easiest way to get champ xp. Blame BS for putting boxes in this location...

    2. Duelers camp here. Easy spot to congregate. In addition they get to feed freely on low levels trying to finish their supplies quest. If duelers are jumped, regardless of realm, they help their "buddies". i.e. 4 mids sitting there.. 4 albs... 4 hibs... just watching the grass grow. Enter a solo or 3 solo who take advantage of the grass watchers and hit them. It turns into an 8 man hitting the enemy because the new guys didnt "follow the duel rules". I have no problem with people playing like that. To each their own. But you're asking for a benefit of hangin out a spot that isnt being used the way it was intended. Its not supposed to be a free zone to hang out until you're ready to fight.

    3. What has made it worse is dominant realms push everyone off the island. Groups are camping docks, towers, trelle, moy, folley, to avoid the big numbers. Its trickle down. When groups move in, solos have to move as well. Its island/keep/box zone (i refuse to call it "solo")/lab. Get pushed off the island, move to keeps, pushed off keeps move to boxes, pushed out of box zone move to lab... last but not least, log onto the dominant realm and join or go hit up a shard
    Post edited by Sleepwell on
  • Sleepwell kinda nailed it. My brother and I often hit up the box towns. We will 2v1 someone (unless we know them well) there and not feel bad because odds are we just fled the island where we were constantly 8v2'ed several times before we changed up our hunting ground.

    Also, I crack up at the hardcore soloers who flip out over a duo coming through when their whole M-O is to gank lowbies trying to get champ xp OR bow duels that aren't an accurate reflection of actual pvp at all. We've literally been bitched out by high profile "soloers" who we then observed repeatedly griefing a rr1, very obviously un-templated box gatherer. LOL Again...thats all fair play but just don't pull the holier-than-thou crap. The hate we get being a lowly duo its rather hilarious. Also, more often than not let 1v1s go (only hitting people who've shown a tendency to not be trustworthy to return the favor).
  • Wasn't labby being used for dueling, what happened to that?
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • edited January 28 PM
    Mace80 wrote: »
    Sleepwell kinda nailed it. My brother and I often hit up the box towns. We will 2v1 someone (unless we know them well) there and not feel bad because odds are we just fled the island where we were constantly 8v2'ed several times before we changed up our hunting ground.

    So your complain is there are too many 8mans?
    Post edited by Kroko on
  • No.... just saying there is always a bigger fish...that is the nature of the game. Especially, on the island.
  • Yea then say it simple: You go solo zones bec there are solos and you can 2v1 win.
  • nvm its a somewhat strange idea with "solo zones"
  • LMAO If thats what you took from my post then you are beyond me being able to explain it to you. We constantly go after larger numbers but sure...if it makes you feel better to join the lemmings and complain then sure say we hunt solos because we want easy wins.
  • edited January 28 PM
    Kroko wrote: »
    Yea then say it simple: You go solo zones bec there are solos and you can 2v1 win.

    No.. where is a "solo" zone? When they create a zone where 1 person can "zone" in and fight another "solo" person, with no danger of being hit by a zerg, an eight man, a small man, or others, then i will relent. World of Warcraft has solo zones.. theyre called arenas.

    Of course smaller numbers avoid larger numbers. Thats why IRC doesnt hit the Hero zerg.
    Post edited by Sleepwell on
  • edited January 28 PM
    Dreamscape wrote: »
    Wasn't labby being used for dueling, what happened to that?

    Not sure. I think there was too much bragging on discord and word spread where the fights were happening. Anon and keep the noise down and the duelers should have an easy time in the Lab... of course they don't have the lowbie fodder gathering boxes.. im sure that would be missed.
    Post edited by Sleepwell on
  • Sleepwell wrote: »
    No.. where is a "solo" zone? When they create a zone where 1 person can "zone" in and fight another "solo" person, with no danger of being hit by a zerg, an eight man, a small man, or others, then i will relent. World of Warcraft has solo zones.. theyre called arenas.

    Of course smaller numbers avoid larger numbers. Thats why IRC doesnt hit the Hero zerg.

    Then we have no solo zones? And only some people consider it as solo zones?
  • I would personally consider it a farming whiny duelers zone.
  • edited January 28 PM
    Best way to get rid of this /bow bullsh*t, and get rid of a place where groups can roll solos, is to just get rid of Moy/Folley/Trelle ALTOGETHER. It was a nice idea, but with population so low, it doesn't work anymore.

    Before Moy/Folley/Trelle, soloers had to roam between 3 mazes, and 3 ruined keeps (6 total locations), where they could duck and hide and avoid smallmans/8mans because they could see them coming at clip range. These 3 new towns not only add an extra THREE more areas to visit ( totaling 9 places to visit and spreading out the dwindling population further) but they also have LoS issues. Soloers now have their view obstructed by these stupid structures on top of HILLS so we can no longer see groups coming from far off.

    To make things worse, the unintended side-effect of adding these towns, is somehow it created a "duelers mentality" where if you don't /bow you will get ganked by other realms for not following the unspoken rules, this subsequently ruined the age old "roaming" that soloers used to be able to do much better.

    Edit: I want to like, half apologize to @Broadsword for wanting to remove these towns, because they were very welcomed at first by the community and I was a supporter. But only half apologize, because before Broadsword tweaked anything, maze+ruined keep action was satisfactory to all (idk from zerg standpoint, but solo/small/8 it worked well). Maybe just 1/3 apology, because when the population was higher these new zones were working just fine also, but since Broadsword ruined the game pop with their changes in the last 3 years (and EC not doing what it needs to do) it has only made things worse.
    Post edited by Armagedden on
  • KatKat
    edited January 28 PM
    The dueler mentality wasn't created due to the solo areas. They were dueling in Lab for years. BS just shouldn't have put the cl quest in the same area. There is only one solo quest and it requires a kill in the same area that lowbies are have to go for boxes. Keep the solo area, just put boxes some where else.

    And anyone grouped should lose the port option.
    Post edited by Kat on
    Stealth zergs are a cancer
  • Kat wrote: »
    The dueler mentality wasn't created due to the solo areas. They were dueling in Lab for years. BS just shouldn't have put the cl quest in the same area. There is only one solo quest and it requires a kill in the same area that lowbies are have to go for boxes. Keep the solo area, just put boxes some where else.

    And anyone grouped should lose the port option.

    I agree, duelers were dueling before box questers came around. BS made a pretty poor choice in supply box location. Should put them around the coastal keeps like the old pot boxes were a few years ago imo.

    There are some people that will farm box questers over and over again. I personally disagree with that and think you're just being a douche. But whatever I easily finish my quests when I make new toons. So there is not really a huge issue there.

    Mace80 wrote: »
    Sleepwell kinda nailed it. My brother and I often hit up the box towns. We will 2v1 someone (unless we know them well) there and not feel bad because odds are we just fled the island where we were constantly 8v2'ed several times before we changed up our hunting ground.

    If you are running over solo towns because you're getting run over that's pretty scummy. But your 15$ right? lol.
    Just don't complain like some when you catch flak and get ganked when you're smaller/solo. I see too many of your kind roll solo towns or stealth zerg or run 8ms through those towns then get killed on sight and have the audacity to complain.



    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

    Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

    >Daoc Videos<
  • Kill what you want, let others kill how they want.

    Some people leave known solos. Some leave box questers. Some lose constantly and whine in /region. Some Zerg everything all day, /rofl enemies that never had a chance, and have mommy issues.

    Stop pretending you have to justify. ‘Duelers’, ‘I’m a solo ganker’, ‘for the realmers’, ‘protect the box questers’, ‘red-is-deaders’, ‘/rofl’ers’ it’s all the same and no one is more righteous.

    Action is all that matters. Some risk, some reward. And facilitating it at scale.

    Near peak EV is a no-go for smallman other than tower-humping and stealth groups. Choke points everywhere and certain death for smaller fish.
    With keeps (un)ruined last patch, the towns became the new default, again, for groups that can’t hang on EV. Boxes quests are the chum in the water, doppels and plants contribute too.

    If anything the portals should stay but not require being solo. That way the groups can actually fight each other and not just prey on smaller numbers.

    People that solo have always found a way. They will again. Facilitate action of scale, not everyone plays for Zerg, 8man, smally, or duo/solo. All play styles can be supported, is a big map.
  • edited January 29 PM
    @Rohan and some devs do what they want when they want, while we all quit or go to Daoc like games with devs that act. There is an argument for listening to people, and one for not I guess. But I feel any change to teleporter will not be enough ... I know of a Daoc like game that has a zone that you can't group in and can only be teleported to when not grouped... It wouldn't fix everything but it might be a start.
    Post edited by rocketait on
  • Impounded wrote: »
    Kat wrote: »
    The dueler mentality wasn't created due to the solo areas. They were dueling in Lab for years. BS just shouldn't have put the cl quest in the same area. There is only one solo quest and it requires a kill in the same area that lowbies are have to go for boxes. Keep the solo area, just put boxes some where else.

    And anyone grouped should lose the port option.

    I agree, duelers were dueling before box questers came around. BS made a pretty poor choice in supply box location. Should put them around the coastal keeps like the old pot boxes were a few years ago imo.

    There are some people that will farm box questers over and over again. I personally disagree with that and think you're just being a douche. But whatever I easily finish my quests when I make new toons. So there is not really a huge issue there.

    Mace80 wrote: »
    Sleepwell kinda nailed it. My brother and I often hit up the box towns. We will 2v1 someone (unless we know them well) there and not feel bad because odds are we just fled the island where we were constantly 8v2'ed several times before we changed up our hunting ground.

    If you are running over solo towns because you're getting run over that's pretty scummy. But your 15$ right? lol.
    Just don't complain like some when you catch flak and get ganked when you're smaller/solo. I see too many of your kind roll solo towns or stealth zerg or run 8ms through those towns then get killed on sight and have the audacity to complain.



    For real? A DUO is scummy this day-in-age of the game? We let 1v1's go...we typically don't kill known soloers who've shown good sportsmanship... If that is "scummy" then the "rules" are beyond logic at this point. We aren't looking for solos...I think that is where you are confused. It is getting pretty rare we actually find solos at the "solo town". I think it's more "scummy" to farm rr1s just trying to temp their toons on a rr12 at the "solo towns" than anything but /shrug whatever.

    As for lumping stealth zergs into "my kind" that is pretty funny. My brother and I's primary goal when in game is to hunt stealth zergs (particularly Nexxron and Rharsin). Killing stealth zergers is the thing that gives us the most joy. There were a lot of complaints about us running a duo of tics. We know they are broken...but the beauty of wiping Rharsin's entire group with a duo of tics is just too much to ignore.
  • Don't be too concerned with it @Mace80 . I don't think @Impounded is really calling you out, but rather saying playing how you want, just dont gripe when x,y, or z happens.

    It happens daily. People play their solos, and whine for respect, and 15 minutes later, log onto their zerg toon and roll over every ant in the hill. With people having multiple accounts, 60 characters per account, different realms, etc.. .its easier to just assume that everyone you run into has killed you unfairly.. pay em back :wink:

    If i play mid, i expect to get hit if i am spotted by a hib or alb. When i play hib, i expect to be attacked by a mid or alb. Thats the way i've played from day 1, and like Impounded said.. its my $15.
  • I just think that a lot of this labeling that @Mace80 has mentioned wouldn't even exist if these "solo spots" didn't exist. I understand why they did it, population was low, soloers were having a hard time after they took away ruined keeps... But this is all things Broadsword did and they should fix it. Yes to ruined keeps, but only if you remove Moy/Folley/Trelle.. Let solo/smallman/8man action flow between mazes/ruined keeps, but also allowing 8mans to run better on the island if they can cut ports like OP is saying, so hero zerg or other zergs can't move around so quickly

    Here's a thought, I threw it out in my group a few days ago and got some laughs... Why don't we just reduce Zerg speed by 25%? Like give Herorius and all BG leaders a 5000 unit movement speed reduction. Would be funny... might even be fair..
  • omg lol could you imagine IRC playing an extend group against a zerg that is 25% slowed haha that'd be hilarious to watch play out.
  • @impounded this is pot to kettle come in over this is kettle to pot......
  • KatKat
    edited January 29 PM
    I have seen @mace80 and his brother not zerg down solo players..and have appreciated it when they hug me and run off. :) They did this, even when I had engaged one of them, because I didn't recognize the names.

    Its all kind of a zergfest anymore. Rohan post was pretty accurate, except I disagree about ports being for all players.
    Post edited by Kat on
    Stealth zergs are a cancer
  • Sleepwell wrote: »
    Don't be too concerned with it @Mace80 . I don't think @Impounded is really calling you out, but rather saying playing how you want, just dont gripe when x,y, or z happens.

    It happens daily. People play their solos, and whine for respect, and 15 minutes later, log onto their zerg toon and roll over every ant in the hill. With people having multiple accounts, 60 characters per account, different realms, etc.. .its easier to just assume that everyone you run into has killed you unfairly.. pay em back :wink: .
    ^^^^^^^^^ I worded it poorly apologies, I was just stating the other play styles that complain in a similar way.
    All play styles have their place (Except stealth zerging). But don't complain if you get called out for rolling someone with bigger numbers especially doing it in the "solo towns" <3

    Mace80 wrote: »
    My brother and I often hit up the box towns. We will 2v1 someone (unless we know them well) there and not feel bad because odds are we just fled the island where we were constantly 8v2'ed several times before
    That sounds a lot like you are rolling solos with your duo because you're tired of getting rolled. Which is what I was calling scummy.. Not duo you doofus.

    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

    Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

    >Daoc Videos<
  • @impounded this is pot to kettle come in over this is kettle to pot......

    Please give me any actual example :)
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

    Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

    >Daoc Videos<
  • Do u not sit in the 1v1 channel daily?
  • I fail to see what me talking in a discord channel often has to do with the topics above? Can you bring my small brain up to speed?
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

    Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

    >Daoc Videos<
  • Impounded wrote: »
    Sleepwell wrote: »
    Don't be too concerned with it @Mace80 . I don't think @Impounded is really calling you out, but rather saying playing how you want, just dont gripe when x,y, or z happens.

    It happens daily. People play their solos, and whine for respect, and 15 minutes later, log onto their zerg toon and roll over every ant in the hill. With people having multiple accounts, 60 characters per account, different realms, etc.. .its easier to just assume that everyone you run into has killed you unfairly.. pay em back :wink: .
    ^^^^^^^^^ I worded it poorly apologies, I was just stating the other play styles that complain in a similar way.
    All play styles have their place (Except stealth zerging). But don't complain if you get called out for rolling someone with bigger numbers especially doing it in the "solo towns" <3

    Mace80 wrote: »
    My brother and I often hit up the box towns. We will 2v1 someone (unless we know them well) there and not feel bad because odds are we just fled the island where we were constantly 8v2'ed several times before
    That sounds a lot like you are rolling solos with your duo because you're tired of getting rolled. Which is what I was calling scummy.. Not duo you doofus.

    You make it sound like we hunt soloers... that couldn't be further from the truth. As I said, more often than not lately we find other small mans and/or stealth groups at the box towns...("solo zone" is no longer an applicable term) We let soloers that we know to be trustworthy go. By that I mean....there are many times we've let a solo go...only to have them add on a fight later. We've been backstabbed by many "soloers" in the past and our list of those whom we can trust has dwindled greatly.

    Hell one night...we very clearly had soloers from our realm (alb at the time) in voice contact with "soloers" from another realm and they called in our location and they hit us while hiding to med from a recent fight. The albs (we were on our albs at the time) even came and watched them kill us. Now I know just about everyone who plays this game can come up with a long list of bs they've seen others pull. But...if making decisions based on what we've seen in game is "scummy" then I'm fine with that. I love to solo and duo... I'll just keep on playing in a way that I believe is the most sportsmanlike manner. See ya out there.
Sign In or Register to comment.