Merc rr5 ability bugged

@Broadsword
The tooltip says that the ability grants immunity to stat and haste debuffs and clears them. It clears stat debuffs and gives immunity to them but it seems that haste debuffs arent affected at all.

I noticed in a recent fight vs. a champ that it does not provide immunity to the champ haste debuff (the red one) and it doesnt clear it on use. Its the same case for melee styles with an attack speed debuff too.

I double checked that behaviour with my own champ on ywain. I wasnt able to check other haste debuffs such as the one from maulers and item procs/uses but Im assuming that they could also be affected.

Since I believe this is an unintended change of the merc rr5 ability I kindly ask you to check my findings. And while were on it please fix the otherworldly disarm from the cloak to be overwritten by dirty tricks. THX!

Comments

• please find following my bug report on this and further discussions. hope this answers your question :)

https://trello.com/c/XLlp6Pxs
  • Thanks for the link. This explains why haste debuffs can be reaplied. Either way the description is missleading. What stays unclear is the question why the ability doesnt clear the haste debuff on use as I stated above.

Proof:
    sgu0k781ymhi.jpg

As you can see Ive used the rr5 ability after being haste debuffed and the debuff persisted. Any information on that?
  • Can't tell what's going on with those icons
  • You dont really need the icons. Watch the combat log.
    1.Im getting haste debuffed: You swing slower...
    2.Im using the rr5 ability: Your swings grow...
    3.The rr5 ability tries to clear different debuff spells but fails: Your target does not have...
    4.You can see the red icon is still there, that means that the haste debuff wasnt cleared.

The tooltip of the ability states that it clears haste debuff spells but it actually doesnt. So if its working as intended please change the description of the ability. If its not working as intended, which I suppose, its a simple bug and should be changed accordingly.
  • This is not exclusive to Merc rank 5 - there are dehastes that get through Rampage, Necro Painworking debuff blocker, etc. The concept of haste as a "stat" is a little nebulous and that's probably the coding is a little off.

Be grateful for one of the most overpowered solo rank 5s in the game, on a 5 minute timer.

Oh, and as a bonus, it blocks resist debuffs, which are neither stat or haste debuffs, and that isn't even in the tooltip ;) ;) ;)
  • Using dissolute swings gives everyone who attacks the merc a free 25% damage boost which is huge. Additionaly on introduction of the revamped rr5 broadsword nerfed dirty tricks fumble rate down to 30% from 50% to accomodate the benefits of dissolute swing. Until that point dirty tricks remaind untouched for more than a decade. Regarding those trade offs it would be only fair if the ability would work as described by broadsword themselves.

The rr5 even blocks acuity debuffs. Now thats very usefull on a merc.
  • Enkertons wrote: »
    This is not exclusive to Merc rank 5 - there are dehastes that get through Rampage, Necro Painworking debuff blocker, etc. The concept of haste as a "stat" is a little nebulous and that's probably the coding is a little off.

Be grateful for one of the most overpowered solo rank 5s in the game, on a 5 minute timer.

Oh, and as a bonus, it blocks resist debuffs, which are neither stat or haste debuffs, and that isn't even in the tooltip ;) ;) ;)

I remember bringing this up a few years ago too that dehaste spells were unaffected by rampage.