Classic+SI+TOA Unlock server

Congratulations on launching Endless Conquest.

Now that it's here, will you continue with plans to launch a Classic+SI server with future expansions unlocking via player vote? here is the link to the grab bag where you stated it was planned. https://darkageofcamelot.com/article/friday-grab-bag-05242019

I would literally pay through the nose (I've said this so many times) for a Trials of Atlantis server with a few minor fixes to make it more fun and less grindy.

These changes are: Much easier leveling of artifacts. Difficulty revamp on Master Levels so that they require at most 2 groups. Change to artifact acquisition so that you only require Artifact Encounter Credit and the 3 Scrolls, completely doing away with the need to be the lucky person to get the physical artifact from the encounter.

I have heard many, many people over the years voice their support for this era, were it not for the problems. By introducing the above changes, you'd effectively 'fix' the entire expansion.
Tagged:

Comments

• A seasonal or ladder style of game-play that is limited in duration should work in theory. Lasting say 2-6 months in duration with rotational rule sets, that in the end would auto transfer all characters back onto Ywain. (Similar to what Path of Exile does).
    This will allow players to have an opportunity to subscribe or EC if they liked the current ruleset on the Season and or Ladder server. Let's be honest alot of people won't play Ywain due to the realm point disparity or they just plain dislike New Frontiers period.

In the end leadership will NEVER jeopardize Ywain and if you have a choice then it would split the population permanently. The Live Population is already low / not doing very well even with EC launching.

• edited December 2019 PM
    [edited]

I'm not interested in a six month ladder. I don't play Ywain currently and will never again despite playing Live DAOC for approximately 12 years solid and 16 on and off. But if there was a TOA server I could play on I'd pay for at least two accounts. I know several friends that would also. If it was only Classic+SI to start, I'd play there also.

But I'm not interested in some small 6 month temporary waste of time. Give me a few years to enjoy it and then you can roll it in. Look at the success of Everquests Project 1999 which just launched their Green and Teal servers. They start in classic, and progress down the correct timeline before eventual completion at the end of Velious expansion, before being rolled back into their Blue server before starting fresh again. the entire process just launched in October 27 this year and wont be complete until late 2021. I play there currently.

Broadsword would be extremely foolish not to dip into this revenue and considering they have already PUBLICLY said that they WILL do this, I want confirmation from them.

If they give it, they can expect my money again.
    Post edited by Driralin on
  • There is a thread on an alt server already, where I've stated that EC is only out and we're still making adjustments, we won't talk alt server until later.

https://forum.darkageofcamelot.com/discussion/2635/just-roll-out-a-fresh-new-server

DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • I'll check back periodically then.

As always, pleasure hearing from you Beibs. <3
  • @Carol_Broadsword Some more frequent news would be a good thing. My guess is that there are currently a lot of people that are unhappy with EC watching the Herald for any announcements on what kind of changes to expect for EC (if any). If you wait to long you might miss those people.
  • edited December 2019 PM
    Any thought on paying (insert top 20 famous streamer here) to play Daoc for a couple weeks? (1-3 hrs/day during prime time, or maybe for couple months just twice a week for a few hours, give followers a chance to catch up on levels and join the streamer in rvr zerg)

Like, get a good guild invested in making this streamer have an easy time leveling/templating and give a solid week of big boy rvr in a stacked group.
    Would get a lot of the fortnite kiddos to be fodder, I mean, valuable players borrowing their parents credit cards buying insta level 50's.

This would insanely boost player count with EC being free, and some of them would stick around. Hell, the streamer may even stick around because there's no other 3 realm pvp that's worth anything...
    Post edited by AlaskaMike on
  • My streams with 12 people are not good enuff? I don't think they could afford that and if they could they probably could not make it work. There was difficulties if i remember trying To work with vanesyra and excidio.
  • My streams with 12 people are not good enuff? I don't think they could afford that and if they could they probably could not make it work. There was difficulties if i remember trying To work with vanesyra and excidio.

Great the Hunter had a pretty solid Twitch stream going as well, but he wasn't being supported so he stopped streaming and left.
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    My streams with 12 people are not good enuff? I don't think they could afford that and if they could they probably could not make it work. There was difficulties if i remember trying To work with vanesyra and excidio.

Great the Hunter had a pretty solid Twitch stream going as well, but he wasn't being supported so he stopped streaming and left.

He wanted us to change our ToS to include stream sniping and refused to even try a 1 minute delay to see how that changed things. We currently (and then) have no plans on changing our ToS for stream sniping.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Ouch. Yeah. Stream sniping is a thing lol. Good point. No way around it other than to delay. All the streams I watch are instanced games (lol, overwatch, etc) so an open world would obviously have these problems... :/
  • He wanted us to change our ToS to include stream sniping and refused to even try a 1 minute delay to see how that changed things. We currently (and then) have no plans on changing our ToS for stream sniping.

If he's smart, he includes stream sniping as entertainment. ;)