Items ablatives and use items

In my opinion one of the biggest and consistent ways this game is exploited is use items ablative stacking and other fluff that has been added over the years.
The amount of items that have powerful abilities in game is just plain stupid we seriously need to tone them back.
I’m thinking have maybe 2 items on a template that have a use or a ablative it is not condusive to good game play and skews many fights to who has the best template and how they know how to exploit it.
Broadsword said they were going to tone them back but from my experience it’s still way to many.

Comments

  • edited November 28 PM
    Power creep through "yet another expansion with even more powerful items" is one if the big problems that DAoC faces imo. Ablatives are one problem, stat cap increases with the resulting increasing damage output is another one.

    If you don't have these items, Assassins one-shot you, and most other classes take only a few more seconds as well. If you attack someone with all that defensive gear you gonna do close to no damage. As a result that forces you to either PvE in a PvP game, or quit. I did the later.
    Post edited by Menos on
  • Exactly my point it’s gotten rediculous it must be a nightmare for people coming back.
    It seems to have been put on the back burner by broadsword for me you should only have 2 use items in your template gear was never what daoc was about .
  • I don't think the /uses are a problem honestly. The heal procs are a different story. They should just make it so heal procs are fixed values and unaffected by Heal bonuses from stats or buffs. I never dreamed I'd see 300+ heals from an armor proc.
  • Wdym ablative stacking has been gone for about three years now. Heal procs got nerfed from ch9.
    Btw you’re a minstrel alt and have an insta chanting ablative ya goof.

    Agree they the item creep was insane but they fixed it thankfully for the most part.
  • Nah fatboi I don’t think they have fixed it still messed up
  • I never been one shooted by an assasin ,
  • @Brut seriously? You can make a cheap template with these items and that 250/50% ablative ain't going to do anything...

    Pd and AoM charges have been in the game since what, over 10 years?

    "How they know to exploit it"? Put it on your bar and use it? It's not rocket science.

    It's not a good attitude to level the game towards the bottom, not like that was a difficult mechanic to master or required expensive items...
  • Hellblast wrote: »
    I never been one shooted by an assasin ,

    My BD frequently got one-shot by Assassins when stepping outside the keep safety doors. So I made myself a Shadowblade and tried it in real PvP with the L50 starter gear. I did ~1400 opening hits on cloth casters. If I would have farmed some more gear for that guy, one-shots would have been very realistic.
    Shoke wrote: »
    It's not a good attitude to level the game towards the bottom, not like that was a difficult mechanic to master or required expensive items...

    Power creep is not an issue for experienced players, it is an issue for new players. If you know the game, know where to get stuff, and have the money to pay for it, you level to 50, grab your perfect gear within a day or less, then join RvR as a competitive player. If you are a new player however, then what happens is that you happily walk into RvR with your first L50 in the free 50 gear, and get killed within seconds by almost everyone, yet you deal close to no damage in return. Since that new player has no idea what's going on, he also has no idea how to fix it. Some people will then turn to other players for advice, some will simply quit the game.

    Endgame however will always be balanced around available gear, which makes gear not useful, but simply a requirement to enter that content. While this is reasonable for PvE, as you fight nothing but math and numbers there anyways, it is a pain for PvP, because who wins PvP should never be determined by what gear you wear, but by how you play. Now if big ablatives are in the game, they will balance it by adding equally big damage boosts, which then effectively cancel out the defenses. They could also easily just not have ablatives and damage boosts in PvP and you would see the exact same numbers. 1 minus 1 is zero, 10 minus 10 is also zero. It doesn't matter how big these numbers are if they cancel out each other in the end anyways. And if they ever don't cancel out each other we call that an imbalance and it will be fixed eventually.

    So if gear progression in PvP is an illusion anyways, then why scare away new players with it?
  • Ablativea don't do anything, 250 points of damage, it's irrelevant.

    The only place where it has aome utility is when soloing, but I doubt the new player in Kings gear is venturing out alone expecting to kill people that have been playing for 10+ years.

    The only items you should see in all templates are 10% melee resist charge and 10% magic resist charge items, which are worth like 5p each or 250 scales on the dragon merchant.

    I wouldn't consider that game breaking....
  • Is this a joke? Ablative stacking has been gone forever, like shoke said ablatives are pointless now. I wish it was back I used to stack ALL day all day. I'm surprised brut didn't make this about the other realms being sooooooo more powerful then albs
  • Cudgel of the undead in your 2H slot if you're any class other then a minstrel or Bard...
    Oh wait 250 isn't even 1/2 of what most casters are nuking for these days every 1.5 seconds.

    GL
  • At this point in the game ablative and /uses stacking is the same as it was 10 years ago or worse. The problem isn't the stacking, it's having the flexibility in templating to get 20%+ heal bonus on a tank and still cap stats, or 7-10% conversion and not sacrifice anything. Back in the day 120 heal proc was the max heal proc, with 180 being on infernal sleeves and maybe the chest piece. Now every toon has it on 5/6 armor pieces, because it's so easy to template with only 1 SC piece and cap everything.

    @Fateboi this is what I was talking about in another post about how these newer items changed the dynamic of the game
  • Shoke wrote: »
    Ablativea don't do anything, 250 points of damage, it's irrelevant.

    250 points in a whole fight doesn't matter. 250 points on every swing of the enemy is a serious balancing issue.
  • I know @Armagedden the second they pushed these to live a lot of us fought and pushed back for literally years. Most of that’s on postcount.

    While I agree that the gear as well as damage creep has been out of control. Thankfully the team has moved things in the right direction.

    Gear creep has always been an issue. Back in Si it was the reactive procs you had to farm from the highest level dungeons (like Sidi).

    GL
  • This 250 a swing please elaborate for us @Menos lol. You mean like vs the Thane rr5 which is pretty terrribad btw.
  • @Menos you just discredited yourself as a relevant participant in this thread with that comment.
  • lol Ablative stacking is still going on it’s being exploited and people on these boards know it there is absolutely no need for 5 or 6 uses on a template gear creep is a genuine problem in game especially for new players.
    And as for overpowered realms I never mentioned hib once I mean seriously lot paranoid Hibbees here .
  • @Brut can you explain the exploit you are talking about, because afaik you can only have 1 ablative active
  • There other day I banedumped on a BD and he threw a totem down and it was absorbing 100% of my damage for about 3-4 swings which, when I looked back at my logs, was around 1500 damage. I was pretty pissed off that a BD could just insta-drop a totem and nullify melee dmg...
  • yeah it's the 50 supp totem
  • It’s a MMO, I don’t think there are too many charges in the game, just a lack of a centralized resource explaining it all for new players. I agree with @Tyrantanic that heal procs should not be effected by anything, flat value IMO. But I have no issues with the current /use system/mechanic.
    Asatruar
  • You can’t stack ablatives. There is no “Ablative Exploit”
    The closest thing to a stackable ablative is SoM/Stalwart cloak charges that are a % based proc that lasts 7-10 minutes. Maybe that’s what you’re encountering.

    Most classes that don’t have self heals running heal bonus is pretty dumb.

    Only sin that will potentially one shot a caster is a 2h SB. All can in a solid perf chain but that’s not one shotting. (Kings gear excluded :p)

    Heal procs/survivability is wild right now I agree. But templates and bounty points are so easy to get now especially with the reduced cost of bounty crafting. I can easily get 100k bps in a day. Bosses and mobs all around the game drop upwards of 15k BPs and a lot of them are soloable or done with a small group of friends.

    There is no excuse to not get a toon temped in a weeks time.

    Adapt and Overcome the game will always change.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

    Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

    >Daoc Videos<
  • I wonder why there is such hostility to removing item uses and other fluff I mean don’t you all want the purest form of daoc or is there some other agenda.
    Should be 2 uses on a character period heal procs should be removed.
    Groups should provide healing and if you run solo the class you play or a heal pot.
    Really can’t see the opposition to that or are you saying in order to solo or run in a group you got to have your charges up.

    I would suggest looking at artifacts though very outdated a lot of them not relevant to days play or just not used.
  • edited November 30 PM
    @Brut we are against your initial post because you come out saying "remove ablative exploits!!" when you are obviously lying or just don't understand game mechanics.

    What is your agenda? You are spreading false information on the forums in order to get changes made to the game.

    You even got @Menos to swallow your BS without any second thoughts. What are you expecting?

    You are purposely using words like "exploit" and "abuse" while they are totally legitimate ways to play the game.
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • And tbh your "purest form of daoc" is to remove anything that requires the player to think so that your zerglings can smash their face on their keyboard and do well.
  • @Shoke I am just able to read and analyze the logs. 100% absorb of all swings is nothing that is happening frequently, but depending on proc luck and cooldowns ready several swings in a row might be absorbed. If you don't have these absorbs but the other one also has the damage boosts to counter the absorbs you should but don't have, the fight becomes very single-sided.

    When I was experimenting with that Paladin in RvR I obviously lost most fights, but that was to be expected since it was a fresh char. However when I looked through the logs of some fights, I found out that in some cases nearly all my swings were reduced by ablatives and absorbs, effectively turning about 1500 damage into 300. That was one of the reasons I lost that fight. The other reason was that the char I attacked had about 12 RR more than I did at that time.

    Now from the perspective of a player who has been playing DAoC since the beginning of time I can explain what happened, why I did barely scratch that guy and he wiped the floor with me, and I even know how to fix it. But from the perspective of a new player he would just learn that he has zero chance in PvP. And if that new player asks around what to do to fix that he is told that he has to farm gear and money for weeks first before he can properly participate in RvR. And then a few more month for the RR, and then he probably has a chance to win a 1:1 vs less experienced players.

    And that's why I said: the problem is not 250 ablative, the problem is if 250 ablative are happening on every swing. It frustrates new players to a point where they simply quit the game. Today there are many more alternatives than existed back in the beginnings of DAoC, so players who are told "Yeah you need to invest a lot of time before you can have fun in this game" will simply quit and play something else. One of the secrets of the success of Fortnite is that players can have instant fun and PvP almost exclusively depends on player skill.

    While DAoC is not Fortnite (and hopefully never becomes it), there is still a lesson to be learned here: over the years the power creep has lead to a point where the entrance fee to RvR is so high, that players rather quit then to pay the time. Since gear however should always be irrelevant in PvP it could also be removed (and classes balanced accordingly) and everyone would benefit from that. It would be a great boon for this game if 15 years of power creep are significantly reduced and the entrance fee for RvR therefore lowered massively, because without new players joining the game every now and then PvP will starve to death, as you cannot PvP alone.
  • The time to template a new character does NOT take multiple weeks. Recipes are extremely cheap now and you can make 400K BPs in less than two hours doing turkey runs on a low RR character. Don't forget the Weekly ToA quests and DF. The real barrier to this game is learning the mechanics. RR is more important for some classes than others (i.e. FW Maulers are solid right away for solo). You can run in a group with King's gear and still be competitive in RvR. Solo is a different story since all odds are stacked against you right away.

    Nothing really needs to be changed from an items perspective. The only thing that bothers me is heal bonuses affecting heal procs. Ablatives are fine and most soloers run Shades of Mist or the Otherworldly Cloak for the ablative proc /use. SoM has been in the game for 16 years. Take the time to learn what's available and how it works before crying foul.
  • I stand by my comments you can protest all you want shoke I am sorry that I triggered u in some way but there’s a problem that needs fixing plenty of people can see what’s going on and your angry outburst confirms to me and probably a lot of the population that stuffs going on that shouldn’t be I really see no need for any of this stuff in daoc it’s ripe for exploit and penalises new characters to the game and players who don’t exploit and cheat
  • As for u titanic I know what works in game don’t need u patronising me
  • @Brut I'm all about reverting back to when DAoC was actually good (DF revamp or before), Personally I think ablative stacking back then was normal and fine. I never thought it was a game changer compared to what curse and stuff did to the game.

    But a revert isn't gonna happen unless they make a new server. Broadsword thinks they made everything balanced and fair as far as their "new" gear goes. I still think the new gear is dumb AF, no matter how easy it is to get
  • @Brut Angry outburst? There was no anger in what I wrote, I just simply stated that you are purposely calling this situation cheating and exploiting while all it takes is for someone to put an icon in their bar and click it every 15 minutes. How is that exploiting?

    Tbh they could remove ablatives and I couldn't care less. However, ablatives are good for soloers to deal with multiple attackers. Is that exploiting? No, it's simply designing a template to have better survivability.

    Is the goal of itemization to dumb it down so much that players that take the time to read and think what items they should be using have no advantage over the new player that doesn't have a clue?

    Why, in your altruistic outburst for nerfing itemization, don't you simply inform new players how to use ablatives? Then, when they get better, they can simply look tonintegrate these items into their templates?
  • edited November 30 PM
    Brut wrote: »
    I wonder why there is such hostility to removing item uses and other fluff I mean don’t you all want the purest form of daoc or is there some other agenda.
    Should be 2 uses on a character period heal procs should be removed.
    Groups should provide healing and if you run solo the class you play or a heal pot.
    Really can’t see the opposition to that or are you saying in order to solo or run in a group you got to have your charges up.

    I would suggest looking at artifacts though very outdated a lot of them not relevant to days play or just not used.

    Hostility? You're asking to remove stuff from the game that everybody has access to, because you feel it's what, too hard for you? Too hard on new players? Also you want to remove charges, but look at artifacts and change those charges so we can have EVEN MORE charges?
    Menos wrote: »
    Now from the perspective of a player who has been playing DAoC since the beginning of time I can explain what happened, why I did barely scratch that guy and he wiped the floor with me, and I even know how to fix it. But from the perspective of a new player he would just learn that he has zero chance in PvP. And if that new player asks around what to do to fix that he is told that he has to farm gear and money for weeks first before he can properly participate in RvR. And then a few more month for the RR, and then he probably has a chance to win a 1:1 vs less experienced players.

    Have you taken any of the tutorials recently? Ran through all the town quests? There's side quests breaking down how charges and procs work. There's powerful items in game, and new players don't know how to get them, so lets just remove them. No, lets have an centralized official resource for charges and powerful items. Your argument is new players won't know about this stuff, so let's just show them.

    Problem solved.
    Post edited by Dale_Perf on
    Asatruar
  • Dale_Perf wrote: »
    Have you taken any of the tutorials recently?

    Rule #1 in game design: no one reads the tutorial. Essentially you can say: if your feature needs a tutorial, it is badly implemented.

    Now charging a 18 year old game for not following modern game design is a bit harsh, so the question should be: how to get new players into RvR? By showing them a book to read and a tutorial to follow on how to gear up for it, or by removing actually irrelevant gear? Because the only reason ablatives are a requirement in the first place is because players do too much damage in PvP with all the upgraded gear and ablatives just compensate that.

    To not repeat myself unnecessarily: I am sure that a new server with current patch state and gear limited to Classic/SI (and adjusted damage values from players in PvP) would be very successful. Because in my opinion gear power creep is the #1 problem this game currently faces.
  • edited November 30 PM
    Menos wrote: »
    Dale_Perf wrote: »
    Have you taken any of the tutorials recently?

    Rule #1 in game design: no one reads the tutorial. Essentially you can say: if your feature needs a tutorial, it is badly implemented.

    Wow. I don't have anything else to say, you don't even want to show any new players how to do anything, you're part of the problem. Let's not have tutorials for a 20 year old game!

    It's not a book either, why don't you go take a look at them? When I play a new MMO I take the time to do the research and look specs/items/sets up, as I imagine most people do when they want to get better at something. I wouldn't roll out a new server over gear, I'd roll it out over realm ranks. You're asking them to get rid of stuff we all have access to because *YOU* view it as too hard for new players, yet everybody has access to it and none of it is hard to get.

    Post edited by Dale_Perf on
    Asatruar
  • edited December 1 PM
    Bro item uses/ablatives gear has been a thing since Si (2002).

    This purest form of Daoc is subjective opinion sorry.
    Per everyone there is no ablative stacking it’s been gone for over three years ago.
    BS has thankfully nerfed heal procs and the Curse gear is available cheap AF via bountycrafting.

    GL
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • so it’s all ok in game is it lol methinks you protest to much.
    I remember the double pbt exploit that went on in hib for years the di that was alllways up that exploit was just recently ,the vamp double shield with the kings weapon the speed hacks the radar the heal procs and temps that make you god mode.theres some bullshit going on and we will be the last people to know you wrap all this crap up in your good players and your just taking your time to play the game to it’s fullest potential I call it cheating plain and simple.
    Really can’t see your problem with reducing any of this stuff unless you got something to hide pretty tired of the dumbed down argument the game is dumb when in order to compete you have to have the right items and uses what happened to just playing the classes to much fluff for too many cheaters to exploit.
    And the outrage here proves it.
  • The only thing us “Cheaters” do better than you is use our brains when building templates.

    You need a template and some tips? I would be more than happy to help you out all you have to do is ask no reason to make a fuss on here. Sh*t I’ll even keep it secret PM me on discord if you want. I would be glad to explain the news toys and what you should look for.
    (That invitation is extended to anyone that wants help)

    You hard headed folks gotta learn to adapt to the changing game as everyone else does.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

    Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

    >Daoc Videos<
  • edited December 1 PM
    Is this a time machine where you are concerned about double critical shot, and ablatives and heal procs that entered the game in 2002 (shrouded isles)?

    Just guessing but on your minstrel your damage is sub par and easily negated?
    If this is the case then it’s been this way since Old Frontiers as well.

    GL
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • minstrels can only steal dbs lol
  • Dale_Perf wrote: »
    you don't even want to show any new players how to do anything, you're part of the problem. Let's not have tutorials for a 20 year old game!

    I didn't say that. The reason behind that game design rule is that you always should consider implementing features in a way that the player learns them automatically while playing the game, and does not have to stop playing the game to read a tutorial. Because most players are eager to play the game and not to read tutorials.
    When I play a new MMO I take the time to do the research and look specs/items/sets up, as I imagine most people do when they want to get better at something.

    No they don't. Most people jump head first into a game, expect to understand the basics while playing, and if they don't they curse at the game and uninstall. I agree that this is not the smartest way to approach the game, but then many people are not outstandingly smart, and honestly some just want to play a game and not study it.

    But then, as I said, you cannot just rewrite DAoC by modern game design standards, that would require a DAoC 2. But what you can do is to try to fix major issues while regarding modern game design standards. So if you open up the game to free players, and a lot less than expected actually join, the question is: why the rest did not. Among many other reasons the complexity of gearing up in DAoC to be even remotely competitive in RvR is too high for new players. So either give them better "I don't know what I am doing" kings starter gear, or lower the gear complexity overall. Long-term I'd do the later. Longer tutorial texts however won't get more people into this game.
  • Menos wrote: »
    I didn't say that. The reason behind that game design rule is that you always should consider implementing features in a way that the player learns them automatically while playing the game, and does not have to stop playing the game to read a tutorial. Because most players are eager to play the game and not to read tutorials.

    This is not a pick-up-and-play type video game, it's an MMORPG. There are going to be some mechanics that need to be explained, not remove the ones that need to be explained.
    Menos wrote: »
    No they don't. Most people jump head first into a game, expect to understand the basics while playing, and if they don't they curse at the game and uninstall. I agree that this is not the smartest way to approach the game, but then many people are not outstandingly smart, and honestly some just want to play a game and not study it.

    You got this information from where? All the new players you polled playing DAoC?
    Menos wrote: »
    But then, as I said, you cannot just rewrite DAoC by modern game design standards, that would require a DAoC 2. But what you can do is to try to fix major issues while regarding modern game design standards. So if you open up the game to free players, and a lot less than expected actually join, the question is: why the rest did not. Among many other reasons the complexity of gearing up in DAoC to be even remotely competitive in RvR is too high for new players. So either give them better "I don't know what I am doing" kings starter gear, or lower the gear complexity overall. Long-term I'd do the later. Longer tutorial texts however won't get more people into this game.

    You think the reason there wasn't a high increase in population is because of gear? Again you want to dumb down something THAT'S ACTUALLY SIMPLE.

    example:
    Oh look, I see this item has a charge on it, let me delve it to see what it does. Ah, mez block charge, okay, nice. Let me use it! Sweet I have mez block up! Let me try and use another piece of gear!!! Oh, it says I must wait 1 minute 30 seconds, ok no problem.

    This is what you feel is too hard and needs to be removed? Check your gear and use it. You guys are literally complaining other players use items you already have just don't use.

    Asatruar
  • Dumbing down templating is a bad idea. It takes time/skill and understanding. You have to weigh certain trades when templating. This includes taking into account your play style and class.
  • I love templating, to me it is as much fun as playing the game.

    I played older setting servers, and the gearing process is simpler, but incredibly boring.
  • Dale_Perf wrote: »
    This is not a pick-up-and-play type video game, it's an MMORPG.

    One of the reasons World of Warcraft became such an incredible success is because it is a pick-up-and-play type of MMORPG.
    Oh look, I see this item has a charge on it, let me delve it to see what it does. Ah, mez block charge, okay, nice.

    New players be like: "You can delve items?" "What is a mez?" "Why did I got mezzed even though I have a mez-block item?" "What do you mean I have to use it?!"
    Shoke wrote: »
    I love templating, to me it is as much fun as playing the game.

    Me too. And there is no need to remove templating, all they got to do is to lower the distance between a fresh player in kings gear and a perfectly templated player to a point where gear is not the main reason you won or lost a fight. Right now a perfectly templated player is going to squish anyone in kings gear without even breaking a sweat, and that frustrates new players to a point where too many of them rather quit than to delve into the (from their perspective) complex mechanics.

    Now if that distance was more like 10% then new players would no longer be frustrated, yet templating is still an important thing that you can do if you like it or want to min/max your character.
  • @Menos 100% disagree. I steam rolled some people while at rr1-3 and in king's gear. The distance between new players and vets goes beyond templating. Put a new player in top of the line gear and a good player in kings and the skill will win. The unfortunate thing is that most new players don't realize that and tend to blame their equipment rather than their lack of understanding or skill. That being said a good template is better than king's gear but it is still pretty good and the stats from it are often > cursed templates. You sacrifice stats for /uses and better procs. But a king's gear templated toon can be very effective.
  • edited December 4 PM
    Menos wrote: »
    Dale_Perf wrote: »
    This is not a pick-up-and-play type video game, it's an MMORPG.

    One of the reasons World of Warcraft became such an incredible success is because it is a pick-up-and-play type of MMORPG.
    Oh look, I see this item has a charge on it, let me delve it to see what it does. Ah, mez block charge, okay, nice.

    New players be like: "You can delve items?" "What is a mez?" "Why did I got mezzed even though I have a mez-block item?" "What do you mean I have to use it?!"
    Shoke wrote: »
    I love templating, to me it is as much fun as playing the game.

    Me too. And there is no need to remove templating, all they got to do is to lower the distance between a fresh player in kings gear and a perfectly templated player to a point where gear is not the main reason you won or lost a fight. Right now a perfectly templated player is going to squish anyone in kings gear without even breaking a sweat, and that frustrates new players to a point where too many of them rather quit than to delve into the (from their perspective) complex mechanics.

    Now if that distance was more like 10% then new players would no longer be frustrated, yet templating is still an important thing that you can do if you like it or want to min/max your character.

    WoW's success is more attributed to the fact it's a theme-park pve mmo based on a beloved franchise. Don't even try and state that WoW is 'pick up and play' at level cap,there's a huge amount of crap you need to grind before you can be reasonably considered viable for any of the end game raids. WoW requires a significantly longer time commitment than DAoC does. (That may change with their upcoming expansion that changes how the content progresses, but that remains to be seen)

    That's not to say some of your comments don't have merit - DAoC suffers from an extremely dated UI/UX. One of the proposed changes post EC was to revamp the UI and the UX of DAoC. I haven't heard differently, so I'm expecting that to be in the near future? I suspect, based on prior history, we should be getting a producers letter at the end of the year outlining near-future plans. So, i'd be curious to see what's the status on this and the other post EC changes.

    The other parts of your feedback isn't something I feel I need to expand on, I flat out disagree about the template / gearing complaints, as it's significantly easier (and too easy IMO) to gear a character with the new BP crafting system and rates introduced in 1.126.


    Post edited by Ciddire on
  • KoeKoe
    edited December 4 PM
    So the new kings gear is actually pretty good as far as stats, hits, and resists. Like, probably better than many people had before the patch. That's good for group play and returning/new players. If you are having issues with "stacking ablatives" in group play, something is wrong and it's not their templates vs your templates. This is really only a small man/solo discussion which I didn't know the OP did.

    Ablatives and heal procs were already toned down as was stated many times here. Toning them down further would just make it so certain classes can't compete. If fights are over in a few seconds it's no fun for one side and only a little fun for the other.

    I think uses and templating is in a really good place right now, there's a lot of class specific/item specific stuff that people can use to modify their toon based on playstyle, etc. Remove that and the game would be a lot more boring.
    Post edited by Koe on
  • Llewd wrote: »
    Dumbing down templating is a bad idea. It takes time/skill and understanding. You have to weigh certain trades when templating. This includes taking into account your play style and class.

    Templating is what made me fall in love with this game. The thought you have to put into each individual template to fit not only that class's skills, but your own play style is just amazing.

    The part that ruined it for me, within the last 3 years, was before OW/Curse+beyond, there was sacrifices that had to be made. Very few people could make the "perfect" template. Hybrids sometimes were impossible... Now, every class can have everything capped and with the same core items. @Broadsword made everything cookie-cutter...

    Remember when you would look on the boards and see a certain class's template with 50 completely different variations with items such as artifacts and random items? No template was the same. Now they all have the same core group of items and, well, that ruined the creativity for me and many others
  • edited December 5 PM
    Same agree with @Llewd I steamrolled many people in the old terribad Kings gear. I think my Sklad was like 6L4 before I finally sc’d His template.

    The gear/templates /OW/Curse raids have never been easier in the history of DAOC. You literally picked up three turkey legs and turned it in for 11K Bps.
    Therefore it took one hour to craft your curse recipe. This is different then running a 0-8 that takes 2-3 hours and then an additional 1-1.5 hours for the 9/10 (if you could even find one).
    For a random chance at your [Curse] chapter 9 set items.

    [not needed]
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
Sign In or Register to comment.