Same game I unsubbed from but actually worse now.

I thought about doing the f2p, however they really didn't fix anything that made me quit in the first place. It is the same game I left but I will get half the RPS I did then and only be able to use about half of my realm skill points I had. I also lose access to my vaults full of sup pots etc.

I wanted to do f2p as a bridge to see if I wanted to resub, but nevermind I will stay in other games.

it was never the money that made me quit.
Tagged:
«1

Comments

  • Ok, ty for the info!
  • If I was an R12 which I assume you were if we are talking "about half" is only 60rsp's, I'd have spent a lot of time on this game and would be willing to pay $15 a mo, OR would have had enough in game loot to trade to someone for a Game Time Card GTC. Just my 2c. Wish you the best.
  • If it wasn't about the money, then why try F2P? Why not just pay for your regular account? The problem with players now is that because Broadsword conditioned players to expect getting 90K RPs just by logging into the game, now players expect this hyper-RP-inflation to continue. It was absolutely ridiculous that I could log on, do my 3 RPs quest, and log out in 15 minutes with 100K RPs, with only 30K worth of actual PvP kills.

    The game is about having fun. If you are focused on just getting RPs, yes, this game is not for you.
  • Lff wrote: »
    If I was an R12 which I assume you were if we are talking "about half" is only 60rsp's, I'd have spent a lot of time on this game and would be willing to pay $15 a mo, OR would have had enough in game loot to trade to someone for a Game Time Card GTC. Just my 2c. Wish you the best.

    only 60rsp?

    The f2p model is horrendous as implemented. The pay to play is the what I quit playing. f2p being worth it would get me to log in now and then and play, however it isn't good.
  • above you said, it wasnt the money, now you say it is the money...im confused
  • TopDude wrote: »
    If it wasn't about the money, then why try F2P? Why not just pay for your regular account? The problem with players now is that because Broadsword conditioned players to expect getting 90K RPs just by logging into the game, now players expect this hyper-RP-inflation to continue. It was absolutely ridiculous that I could log on, do my 3 RPs quest, and log out in 15 minutes with 100K RPs, with only 30K worth of actual PvP kills.

    The game is about having fun. If you are focused on just getting RPs, yes, this game is not for you.

    It isn't the players fault the game is losing players. It is never the players fault. When people say "it isn't about the money" it means that they would pay if the game had enough value.
  • edited November 25 PM
    Ding ding ding.. ^ right there..


    I've got multiple vaults full of high end loot (OW10 helms, Harb gems, ML10, dragon, curse weps, supremecy pots, the 100%qua crafting items) (like literal vaults full, of each of those things) on multiple houses, on each realm, including multiple inventories full of mansion deeds. I got plenty to trade for GTC's.
    There's a reason I don't trade.
    There's a reason I'm not subbing my accounts until the new server.

    It's because I don't have the patience to catch up (somehow) with people that have been gaining RPs 5 hours a day for a decade, when I can only play a day or two a week.

    Gimme a new server where I can level up 3 or more accounts at once, kit em out efficiently, then can switch alts depending what the group needs. That's what I find fun, that'll get me to subscribe (for a year until I fall too far behind the hardcore playing a single rvr toon). Then merge the server to ywain, and create a new one. That's the only way to keep us filthy casuals interested in this hardcore game.
    Post edited by AlaskaMike on
  • AlaskaMike wrote: »
    It's because I don't have the patience to catch up (somehow) with people that have been gaining RPs 5 hours a day for a decade, when I can only play a day or two a week.

    Gimme a new server where I can level up 3 or more accounts at once, kit em out efficiently, then can switch alts depending what the group needs. That's what I find fun, that'll get me to subscribe (for a year until I fall too far behind the hardcore playing a single rvr toon).

    There's no reason why you cant casually play a class of your choice to r8-9 in a few months. Playing at r9 vs r11/12's is not that big of a deal. The RP difference is exponential after r11 precisely because it helps us casuals.

  • Lff wrote: »
    AlaskaMike wrote: »
    It's because I don't have the patience to catch up (somehow) with people that have been gaining RPs 5 hours a day for a decade, when I can only play a day or two a week.

    Gimme a new server where I can level up 3 or more accounts at once, kit em out efficiently, then can switch alts depending what the group needs. That's what I find fun, that'll get me to subscribe (for a year until I fall too far behind the hardcore playing a single rvr toon).

    There's no reason why you cant casually play a class of your choice to r8-9 in a few months. Playing at r9 vs r11/12's is not that big of a deal. The RP difference is exponential after r11 precisely because it helps us casuals.

    Some of the fun of those things that shall not be named was the population and them not all being rr12. There are more frequent fights and people can't all dump moc purge and twf on every fight. I still think one of them is easily out populating live, but the last time I played live zergs had nothing to do and most of them would blow sos moc and purge on people they outnumbered 4 to 1 because they would be up again by the next time they fought anyways. At this point with how many balls have been dropped, I don't even see a season/ladder server saving the game. I think most the people who've left have little love of broadsword or the remaining "just sub" player base.
  • I could probably sub a life-time for DAoC if I wanted to, yet I won't because I am not going to pay money for a game that is not fun. And I mean: why would I? Where is Broadsword heading with the game? So far they didn't seem to really know how to design PvP so it is fun. Adding mythic gear was the nail for me: doing more PvE so I can finally PvP gain? Getting one-shot by Assassins if I don't? No thanks, there are other games out there.

    They made some great changes like the BD update, but some really bad ones as well. Until they fix the bad ones (as mentioned above) I won't re-sub no matter how much I could, because I am simply not going to pay to play a game I don't like to play. Now if the f2p was actually generous enough so I can play I would probably be online every now and then just for the sake of good ol' times, but Broadsword once again failed and put in completely silly restrictions that effectively locked all my characters out of EC. Now we have people paying to play that complain that PvP is empty, and people who would play if EC was reasonable. That leads to the question what will happen first: Broadsword getting the hint or the game starving to death.
  • Agree with so many above. Would totally come back and stay if f2p was more valuable, but I don't like the idea of having to fork over $15/month to people who ruined a game for me. I would much rather play for free and pay money on things I do support about the game, such as MTX
  • KatKat
    edited November 26 PM
    I opened my main account. I didn't want to deal with the restrictions. But...I came back to play with friends who won't open, and was just trying out EC. They were not impressed, and I don't think they are going to continue playing :(.
    Post edited by Kat on
  • edited November 26 PM
    Wait. The argument to keep me playing is it "only takes a couple months" to get rr9 and then I can more or less be even with all the rr12's?

    So, I can pay a dentist to do unnesscary root canals, but I won't do that either. I'd rather spend my money for fun. Not 2 months of frustration.

    No. New server, then immediate fun. And then fun for 6 more months.


    Sub only, say an extra 2500 new subs [edited] at $15/mo for 6 months. Almost a quarter million dollars. Hell, I'll give a 10k loan to just buy the server...

    Hell, make the first server EXACTLY like ywain and let us know its just a test for 3 months (communication is key here, don't want people getting butt hurt when you merge it). Copy-paste ywain code, make a launcher link for subbed accounts, make an item that guarantees crafting skill gain rechargeable, then you'll see a pop explosion and that people want new servers. Minimal effort, and actual useful data.

    Make it known that it's just a test for a couple months for subs only, and that the results of the test will result in the progression server 2 months later...
    Post edited by Driralin on
  • edited November 27 PM
    Menos wrote: »
    I could probably sub a life-time for DAoC if I wanted to, yet I won't because I am not going to pay money for a game that is not fun. And I mean: why would I? Where is Broadsword heading with the game? So far they didn't seem to really know how to design PvP so it is fun. Adding mythic gear was the nail for me: doing more PvE so I can finally PvP gain? Getting one-shot by Assassins if I don't? No thanks, there are other games out there.
    .

    So why you still here and writing this? Nothing else to do? Just leave and go to next thing.
    Post edited by Kroko on
  • edited November 27 PM
    WOOOOOOOOOOW. A little bit of interesting moderation here. Literally didn't break the first rule (rofl first???). Edited this to refrain from breaking the mod bashing rule. So now I won't get another surprise edit... Maybe...
    Got the below warning for the use of a single word to prove my argument that will ultimately save this company and daoc. I sure hope no one gives me free shards of glass. (wonders if that last sentance leads to a permaban).
    See if you can spot the difference between my OP and the edit used by the moderator...

    Sure making me want to spend $50/month on this game....


    Warning pasted below:

    Mild12:57PM
    Greetings,

    I am issuing you a warning for the following, discussing unofficial servers:

    "Sub only, say an extra 2500 new subs (LOW estimate, that's probably only good for 250 online at any time, and ((***single word that cannot be said***)) have proven 4x that) at $15/mo for 6 months. Almost a quarter million dollars. Hell, I'll give a 10k loan to just buy the server..."

    https://forum.darkageofcamelot.com/discussion/comment/22426/#Comment_22426

    As outlined in the forum's Code of Conduct (https://forum.darkageofcamelot.com/code-of-conduct), this behavior is not tolerated.

    Please be aware that further infractions will result in temporary suspension or even permanent termination of this forum account. Repeat offenses may also result in action against your Dark Age of Camelot game account(s).

    Cordially,

    Moderator Driralin
    Dark Age of Camelot Official Forums
    Broadsword Online Games
    Post edited by AlaskaMike on
  • Kroko wrote: »
    So why you still here and writing this? Nothing else to do? Just leave and go to next thing.

    They emailed me and told me I could play DAoC for free, turned out it was a lie, because all my characters said "subscription only." Now I am lingering around for a while to see if they fix that, or if I am heading back to WoW Classic.
  • @Menos
    Did you make some suggestions already what to change? And send them an email or sth?
    That could help.
  • @AlaskaMike
    Yea, there are rules in this forum. Nothing special about it and not even worth mentioning if you get a warning.
    Btw, its not your forum.
  • @AlaskaMike Yeah warnings are nothing, just deal with it. I sit at a "Severe" level at all times. The mods just keep me there for sh*ts and giggles
  • Kroko wrote: »
    @Menos
    Did you make some suggestions already what to change? And send them an email or sth?
    That could help.

    Yes. Several suggestions actually. Now I am waiting for them to do something.
  • null
    Hmm. When I try to quote I just get a message saying formatting lost and it gets changed to "null".

    Still getting used to these forums...
    I seem to have multiple messages. If I don't see them, do they apply? :p
  • the F2P model is a joke in its current state. Just make every account and every class f2p. You want a house? Pay for it. Pots? Pay for it. Items? Pay for it! With that said the cost has to be low. Not like the current state that has 30 charge 50% rp buffs for i think 20$
  • edited November 29 PM
    Where to begin (I paid for 30 days on two accounts, myself and wife):
    The Good:
    New class ideas and changes really are a lot of fun but are really broken and do not always make a lot of sense. Some class changes like the enchanter really felt meh, but that is just a personal viewpoint. Maybe presenting community voting on class changes before implementing them could have really helped?


    The bad:
    Bugs: The game is still extremely buggy. Pets are a nightmare in any dungeon since they constantly fall through the floor and pathing is just as broken as ever. Damage shield on pet classes doesnt really seem to generate aggro. Early quests still allow a player to pick them up even when too high of a level and can not be completed (example mularn huldu quest)

    Endless Conquest:
    Is very poorly thought out. I wont go in to details other than what has been posted on the forums already but locking people out of their accounts for six months after a sub runs out does not send a very good message.

    Instancing Changes:
    No more task dungeons? No more aurulite dungeons or just access to instance dungeons in general?

    Relevant information:
    If you are charging a premium monthly subscription for accounts on a game, shouldn't the class information on your site be up to date? This is very confusing.

    Opinion:
    What is the real problem with this game? Well you will get tons and tons of opinions on it but for me -- it is simply that new features are added without addressing long-standing and newly introduced bugs. Freeshard servers have remedied many of the issues pointed out, it is strange that the official live version of the game that seeks subscription dollars has not addressed these.

    A seasonal server that refreshes etc like others have suggested is the only way my wife and I will come back to live at this point. We wanted to give the new changes a fair shake and wanted to support the developers so we paid for the month -- but this just isn't for us. If it works for you, that is really great and I hope the game continues to be enjoyable for you.

    The game really feels like it is in an identity crisis. It wants to be a F2P game but is unwilling to let go in so many ways.

    Anyways, to the developers of Broadsword. Thank you for the work you have put in to the game. I don't agree with all of the decisions you have made and the game really isn't for me any longer, but I do appreciate your efforts.




    Post edited by Fatalintent on
  • the F2P model is a joke in its current state. Just make every account and every class f2p. You want a house? Pay for it. Pots? Pay for it. Items? Pay for it! With that said the cost has to be low. Not like the current state that has 30 charge 50% rp buffs for i think 20$

    The 500k BPs aren't worth it either since it's only 3/3 charges as opposed to 30. Rather stock recipes for alts and buy alchemy drops than spend on RP potions that only last two hours.

    Regarding the OP's original point, yes, this is still the same game from a few years ago when people began to quit in mass due to the radical changes BS implemented. It doesn't surprise me we didn't see a bigger boost with EC because many of the reasons players quit still persist in the game today. They've slowly reverted many of their changes over the years, but like most have said, it's too little too late. I understand BS is a small team; however, they appear to struggle with prioritizing their efforts. We still have long lasting bugs, incorrect delves across multiple classes, an outdated website, and no utilities other than the recent item database (I do appreciate the database). Bugs aside, none of this should take multiple years to implement. I completely understand why players wouldn't want to pay money when these things are done for free elsewhere.

    The development of EC took way too long for its current implementation. I suppose we'll see in today's Grab Bag whether or not they intend to keep making adjustments to it based on feedback. Locking subbed players out of EC for 180 days is a bad move and will only lead to less players in game. Less players in game means less players willing to sub which leads to even less players in game. A vicious cycle we've been dealing with for months now. Locking out new EC accounts from trying out basic classes, especially in comparison to what's available elsewhere, will only deter potential players away from Live.

    I concede Ywain will never have a population like a new server. The RR gap is too large and EC players don't have the benefit to catch up like subbed players. Gearing a new character may be exceedingly easier now than ever before but doesn't matter if you can't build a group or compete solo. Zerging is very one-sided during EU prime and appears to be diminishing during US prime outside of keep defense. A seasonal server may be the only way to keep more players interested in the long run, especially if you can roll over your progress onto Ywain. However, I can see even a seasonal server failing if they don't address the reasons players quit in the first place. Time will tell and I'll hold on until CU. Then I'm out.
  • I feel bad for the EC players honestly they like DAOC still but this game is literally night and day different. Mith shop is a massive rip off for sup potion buffs.
    They could easily stack $ enough for a sub but Instead they overprice everything and you get a 2 hour potion lol...
    Nickel and diming subs for dyes I literally can’t even

    GL
  • Can’t see the problem titanic eu Albs don’t need to Zerg we have fun as we are we don’t need relics and we let hero take our keeps it’s only the new guys who defend we can take back when he leaves we wait for the right time to hit him then we all voltron much more fun like that realms really don’t need a 24 7 Zerg..
    You can’t force a realm to Zerg I get it that you like zerging and you like running a zerg I got no problem with that I’ve done it myself and still run smalll mini zergs but it’s just not eu alb anymore.
    I think hib is the carebear Zerg realm now rather like alb used to be years ago and all the players that zerged on alb now play hib unfortunetly it is what it is .
  • Endless Conquest:
    Is very poorly thought out. I wont go in to details other than what has been posted on the forums already but locking people out of their accounts for six months after a sub runs out does not send a very good message.

    That is one of the things that scares me most. Broadsword has demonstrated over and over again that they do not understand what it takes to turn this into a good game. With their first addition to this game, mythical gear and PvE campaigns, they repeated the worst mistakes of DAoC (namely ToA), and with their version of F2P they demonstrated that they don't have even the slightest clue of how to properly implement F2P. And if on top of that freeshards are better at fixing long outstanding bugs than the live game, then why would I even want to play here?!

    As it stands currently I have no faith in BS to get this game back on track. But as a long-term fan I am willing to wait and watch if they learn and eventually do the right thing.
  • edited December 1 PM
    A healthy population would get me to sub 3 accounts.

    I had thought the f2p was going to be a source of revolving population for RvR. I suspect there to be a low conversion rate to sub accounts and high turnover of f2p accounts. It appears that broadsword are trying to increase conversion rate instead of increasing clickthru rate, and without a high clickthru the game will still die.

    Personally I would advertise on social media and drive the clickthru rate. They are still (as of today) only marketing to people who have already had accounts, and they are nerfing the toons they want them to come back to play into oblivion.

    facebook, instagram, tik tok etc are very cheap to advertise on and you can raise the clickthru rate quite high in a short amount of time. Without new people looking at the game the population won't go up.

    It is a marketing issue (not a game play issue) and always has been.

    It don't matter what the people here or any other forum think or even the people running the game think it will take to get people to sub, it matters what people that don't know about the game yet think. I don't see how you can have a successful marketing campaign when you only market to people that already have the game.
    Post edited by Ysuro on
  • Ysuro wrote: »
    It is a marketing issue (not a game play issue) and always has been.

    I showed this game to several friends and tried to get them to play this game, among them die-hard RPG and MMO fans. Almost all of them were scared away by the outdated interface and the incredible advantage old players have in PvP over new players. One guy literally rage-quitted the moment we entered RvR, where I promised him the real fun would begin, and he was instantly one-shot by an Assassin before we even left our keep.

    So I am very sure this is not a marketing issue, if 100% of my friends don't want to play this game after trying it.
  • Menos wrote: »
    One guy literally rage-quitted the moment we entered RvR, where I promised him the real fun would begin, and he was instantly one-shot by an Assassin before we even left our keep.
    it.
    So he was killed once and quits? Yea, then this game is not for him.
    You certainly have to invest some energy here, if you want to have success.
  • edited December 2 PM
    Menos wrote: »
    Ysuro wrote: »
    It is a marketing issue (not a game play issue) and always has been.

    I showed this game to several friends and tried to get them to play this game, among them die-hard RPG and MMO fans. Almost all of them were scared away by the outdated interface and the incredible advantage old players have in PvP over new players. One guy literally rage-quitted the moment we entered RvR, where I promised him the real fun would begin, and he was instantly one-shot by an Assassin before we even left our keep.

    So I am very sure this is not a marketing issue, if 100% of my friends don't want to play this game after trying it.

    All this does is prove it is in fact a marketing issue. Not everyone that starts is going to enjoy the game. You need a supply of people trying it in the first place. You can't make everyone like the game, however you can market in a way that gets more and more people to try the game.
    Post edited by Ysuro on
  • edited December 2 PM
    Man I must have missed the gravy train on these rps they apparently gave out. at RR1 I can't say it's been at all fun. I've had RR10's that I gave away and now I'm fresh, I'd pay for some handouts right about now.

    It's pretty rough out there. People will destroy you so fast. My nightshade is total garbage and I've geared him with the best gear. He is so bad at RR1 it's disgusting...
    Post edited by Prank80 on
  • There is something to be said for a little RVR in Cathal before capping out.
  • Kroko wrote: »
    You certainly have to invest some energy here, if you want to have success.

    And maybe that's the reason why there is a steady decline in participants in RvR. And that's why I keep asking: why has to be there a massive requirement for a realistic chance of success in RvR? Why not just make sure everyone has fun the day they hit 50?
  • edited December 2 PM
    Menos wrote: »
    Kroko wrote: »
    You certainly have to invest some energy here, if you want to have success.

    And maybe that's the reason why there is a steady decline in participants in RvR. And that's why I keep asking: why has to be there a massive requirement for a realistic chance of success in RvR? Why not just make sure everyone has fun the day they hit 50?

    Based on what you're suggesting, it sounds like you want everyone on an even playing field. This does not work in a MMORPG that relies on progression to retain players over the long term without periodic resets. Even if you remove the equipment disparity and/or RR disparity, there will continue to be disparity between classes and player skill. DAoC is an intrinsically unfair game. There are three asymmetric realms (less so now with BS at the helm) that contain variable group compositions and play styles. The only real balance that can be sought after in this game is population which is fickle at best. DAoC is an old, complex, niche game that is not meant for the faint of heart.
    Post edited by Tyrantanic on
  • Tyrantanic wrote: »
    Even if you remove the equipment disparity and/or RR disparity, there will continue to be disparity between classes and player skill. DAoC is an intrinsically unfair game.

    If you ask players what frustrates them the most in games, then they universally answer that they hate loosing without ever having a chance to win from the start. In game design terms that is called a "brick wall" and you should try to avoid putting those into your game, unless frustrating players is actually the game's concept.

    In DAoC that means: if people loose a fight but they can see that it was because the player was being better at the game, or that player used an ability that they can also easily get, they will feel challenged to will try to improve their gameplay. If they however lost but cannot see why they lost, or even worse: they realize it was because the enemy used an overpowering advantage, and it would take days or even weeks to get on the same level, they are frustrated and are likely to give up on that game instead of investing the time, as they just hit a brick wall.

    For the very same reason most modern PvP games avoid gear advantages by all means, by either resetting everyone to the same level on each match, or by scaling gear to a common item level. There is no reason why this very successful method would not work on DAoC, or - in reverse - why people would generally enjoy being beaten by overpowered gear in this game all of a sudden.
  • edited December 4 PM
    Menos wrote: »
    [
    or that player used an ability that they can also easily get, they will feel challenged to will try to improve their gameplay. .

    If everything is easy to get, there would be no challenge and people would quit the game soon!
    Menos wrote: »
    and it would take days or even weeks to get on the same level, they are frustrated and are likely to give up on that game instead of investing the time

    You dont get it. If you are not willing to invest some days or weeks, this game is not for you!
    Menos wrote: »
    or - in reverse - why people would generally enjoy being beaten by overpowered gear in this game all of a sudden.

    There is no overpowered gear in this game. Everything is easy to purchase, and easy to use.
    Post edited by Kroko on
  • DAoC is not Counter Strike, League of Legends, or PUBG. This is an MMOROG that relies on progression over time, not instant gratification. This game is clearly not for you and that's ok. Games do not need to cater to a large population unless the goal is to maximize profit which, in essence, destroys creative freedom in game design. I love games like Dark Souls but I suspect you wouldn't.
  • edited December 5 PM
    There's spending weeks of progression, and then there's spending YEARS.

    It doesn't take a couple of weeks to be competitive on Ywain, it takes years. That's the brick wall. Everyone else is missing the point. If you casually dismiss the fact that it takes years to get even, then the game dies. Congrats, you win. Sometimes it's better to be alive wrong than dead right.


    The only way to save the game is to make it impossible to have years of advantage if you can't afford to play on that field. Rotating 6ish month servers. It's so obvious.....
    Keep ywain for the people that enjoy noobstomping and playing in an even field of rr10+. The other 80% can enjoy realm pride again and a muuuuuuuch more even playing field where skill actually comes into effect.
    Post edited by AlaskaMike on
  • edited December 5 PM
    AlaskaMike wrote: »
    There's spending weeks of progression, and then there's spending YEARS.

    It doesn't take a couple of weeks to be competitive on Ywain, it takes years. That's the brick wall. Everyone else is missing the point. If you casually dismiss the fact that it takes years to get even, then the game dies. Congrats, you win. Sometimes it's better to be alive wrong than dead right.

    It absolutely does not take years to become competitive on live.... You're mental if you actually think that. The amount of toons I have made from scratch and been out ripping within a week.... Getting realm ranks is a bit more difficult now granted but I can promise you it is not even close to the difficulty you try and claim. Even starting on new realm takes maybe 2-4 weeks to have a new toons leveled and a toon or two templated. (That's a generous amount of time as well)
    Post edited by Impounded on
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

    Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

    >Daoc Videos<
  • edited December 5 PM
    null
    Post edited by Impounded on
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

    Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

    >Daoc Videos<
  • edited December 5 PM
    AlaskaMike wrote: »
    There's spending weeks of progression, and then there's spending YEARS.

    It doesn't take a couple of weeks to be competitive on Ywain, it takes years. That's the brick wall. Everyone else is missing the point. If you casually dismiss the fact that it takes years to get even, then the game dies. Congrats, you win. Sometimes it's better to be alive wrong than dead right.

    lololol.
    It doesnt take years. When you are COMPLETELY new, it may take some time to make your first toons, maybe 1-2 months. Now that i have several toons, some money, and some items, I can make a new toon in 2 weeks, fully templated (good template) with ML, CL15 everything. (And that doesnt mean that im only playing this toon in these 2 weeks.)

    When did you play last?
    Post edited by Kroko on
  • edited December 5 PM
    ...

    Post edited by Kroko on
  • So, I too can get a toon to Rr9 in a couple weeks playing maybe 10 hours a week?
    Your all frikkin insane or delusional.

    You realize that RVR isn't all about the gear right? You need that shiny purge 2 and that nice DetX and enough Aug dex to hit breakpoints, and, and, and. That costs RA's. To be competitive against the hundreds of RR12's.

    Yes, there are OUTLIERS that think it's fun to run around solo on a rr3 and make videos. But A) they're already a better player solo than I, and the high majority of other people. And B) have the time to do it.

    You want the game to keep dying? Then keep letting the "its no big deal to play a pvp game with one hand tied behind your back compared to others" card trump common sense.

    The game doesn't stop with a template here.... You want us filthy casuals to swarm daoc and save the game for you hardcore types? Then make the game fun. Being curbstomped isn't fun. Starting a new server and only being 6 RR's behind is at least twice as fun than being further behind...
  • Also, for the "but I can do it within a week and have fun" crowd....

    You are literally already playing the game, you don't have to learn the game, learn the other 47 classes and 92 realm abilities and 93726 different armor procs and charges and how they all play together in solo, gorpu, zerg, keep, open field, df warfare...

    You also have a support structure, friends, guilds, discords, alliances to fall back and help you make rps.

    A new player? Brand new? Weeks my ass.... YEAR to get competitive.

    But I keep forgetting that the frame of reference of keeping this game alive is to just market it to the people that have already decided it wasn't worth their time, instead of the billions of people that could find enjoyment out of a novel 3 realm game...
  • That whole rant proves nothing but the complaints of a man who isn't willing to learn the game. It takes no where near that long to get onto a competitive level with everyone else. Now learning your class and /use timing takes a few weeks or even months if you are completely new. Can't be afraid of dying in a PvP game only way to improve is through fighting and mastering your class over time.

    Only items you need to learn are the ones that your class and template benefit from the most. You don't even have to template yourself with utils being a thing you can just find some really solid templates on there for all classes.

    Remember kids RR is not everything in this game. In fact most RR12s are pretty bad players and just have been in game for a very long time. That's why there is countless videos of a ton of them getting beat by rr1-5s lol. Learn your class and you will succeed in RvR. Then before you know it you're bunched in with the rest of us and considered an elitist prick by those that refuse to improve like the man above me.

    If you want help instead of crying feel free to ask :)
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

    Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

    >Daoc Videos<
  • edited December 6 PM
    I may be delusional, hell, I may even be crying, heck, I may have even been playing this game in beta running around Humberton on my trispec cleric (because who knew better?).

    4.2 million rps to RR9. 10k rps/hr average (no clue here, haven't played EC account), 420 hours. Say 10 hrs/week. 42 weeks. Looks pretty damn close to a year to me once you level up and spend time getting templates and stuff...
    And that's a single toon. And that's STILL not parity, that's just able to be competitive.


    Let's see the arguments against mine.

    1) Bunch of videos showing rr5 owning rr12's. I actually brought that point up. Outliers. There's a curve for a reason. To make money, a game has to appeal to the curve, not the outliers.
    2) a lot of people that are rr12 are actually bad, they've just spent years rvring.. This proves that it doesn't take years to be competitive how? This actually does prove my point, that it takes years........

    So basically, "get gud". Exactly the sentiment I expect from a competitive pvp game. Heck, I appreciate and approve. But I also want this game to be worth playing.

    I'm not saying I'm typical, but I hate solo, I hate zerg.
    I like even numbers anywhere from 4v4 to 16x16. With this population, that's hard to find. Labby was pretty fun back in the day, before people started bandwagoning to the winning realm. Something I see and hear about even now.

    How do we fix that? New server, bring back realm pride. Make daoc great again lol. Lock realm switching down. Make choices matter. Do I have a perfect solution? No. But the beauty of a non permanent new server, is you can try different things and see what works.
    Post edited by AlaskaMike on
  • I didnt consider the RR in my statement above.
    I can make a new toon, fully templated, in 2 weeks, having RR2.
    Ofcourse it takes more time to get some RR. But it doesnt take years, thats just bs.

    Im not very interested in reading your statements thoroughly.
    But why you need RR9? Thats almost high RR. So basically you saying, the game is only worth playing when you have nearly high RR. Thats a strange attitude.

    I like doing solo with my RR7 bm. And i already solod at RR6, so no need to have RR9 for having fun.
  • edited December 6 PM
    @AlaskaMike Even numbered fights are not common place in DAoC outside of setting them up. There is no structured PvP here. You're asking for something that doesn't exist and was voted down over 15 years ago when the OG devs were still at the helm. The only casual play style in this game is zerg. All other play styles require you to know how to play your class effectively (some more than others).

    I don't think any of us who stayed through the worst population drops assumed EC was going to boom the population. Not many returning players from over a decade ago are going to play here since there are other options that are closer to what they remember. Players who left during the Broadsword era are probably not going to come back. That leaves us with the few willing to muscle through the game as it is now and new players. Right now, there is no mechanism for new players to find DAoC outside of word of mouth or by glancing through some MMO websites. This game killed itself by never advertising.

    Edit: I saw one Facebook ad AFTER I searched DAoC, lol. Steam or bust.
    Post edited by Tyrantanic on
  • Impounded wrote: »
    That whole rant proves nothing but the complaints of a man who isn't willing to learn the game. It takes no where near that long to get onto a competitive level with everyone else. Now learning your class and /use timing takes a few weeks or even months if you are completely new. Can't be afraid of dying in a PvP game only way to improve is through fighting and mastering your class over time.

    Only items you need to learn are the ones that your class and template benefit from the most. You don't even have to template yourself with utils being a thing you can just find some really solid templates on there for all classes.

    Remember kids RR is not everything in this game. In fact most RR12s are pretty bad players and just have been in game for a very long time. That's why there is countless videos of a ton of them getting beat by rr1-5s lol. Learn your class and you will succeed in RvR. Then before you know it you're bunched in with the rest of us and considered an elitist prick by those that refuse to improve like the man above me.

    If you want help instead of crying feel free to ask :)

    I agree with impound very well said. We take guildies out that are rr2 and in the new kings gear and they will get rr3-4 in a couple of days and that's casual play. What makes this game fun for me is the templating of toons, Its like having a hot rod and trying to get just a little more horse power for the drag strip :smiley: As for you cant play your toons on EC. Oh well!! Same thing on Wow I cant play my lvl 112 warrior unless I sub. Get into a fun guild enjoy the game yes PvE is a tad buggy at times just report the bug and hope they fix it. Ive noticed a lot of EC players complain about what they are not getting instead of looking at what they are getting for free. I do think EC players should be able to get all the classic toons except for stealthers you want SI toons and Stealth pay for them.

    See you all out on the Battlefield
    Badgor NS
    BulloRama Warden
    Macwynne Hero
    Diavoll Warrior
    Demonn Shadowblade
Sign In or Register to comment.