Realm Points

So will RPS be about increasing soon or we gonna be stuck like it’s 2002/2003 again?

I really could care less about BPS anymore!!
«1

Comments

  • Back to workin at the burger joint for minimum wage again.

    It wont sustain attention for too long. They left the bonuses and quest in too long if there plan was to eventually nerf rp gain. I already find myself logging out after an hour again.
  • Little did we know that we where living in the best time for daily RPS.

    GL
  • you mean for EC acc or sub?
  • Back about 3-4 years ago before the big RP bonuses I would make between 12-24k/hour solo and between 20-50k/hour with a group. I was honestly really fine with the amount of RPs back then. Can anyone maybe confirm if they dialed it back to about this time period? Would of been right before/after DF revamp. I can't guage it because I have f2p account and I get even less rps
  • For me, even with battlefield buff, in a group it averages less than 1k per kill. I didn’t check for population bonus. Is there one anymore?
  • Sounds like you got way too used to them raining out of the sky with the Friends/Realm/Solo quests. I don't think you should get north of 75-100k just for logging in and running around for a little bit. Super inflated.

    You can still pull down 30-50k in a few hours of play with anything even remotely resembling a decent small man / solo / FG, so I don't know what the problem is.

    EC rps are heavily neutered, but isn't that the idea?
  • got to kill some of those nice rr10-11-12s lol
    forget about "soloin" the peeps doing the box quest :)
  • @Keltorius Probably because you are only doing 8v1 fights in your FG? ;)
  • Sounds like you got way too used to them raining out of the sky with the Friends/Realm/Solo quests. I don't think you should get north of 75-100k just for logging in and running around for a little bit. Super inflated.

    You can still pull down 30-50k in a few hours of play with anything even remotely resembling a decent small man / solo / FG, so I don't know what the problem is.

    EC rps are heavily neutered, but isn't that the idea?

    You could look at it like that. Most people that i run with are the older generation that grew up playing the game. Life got more complicated. Longer work hours. Family does and should consume the majority of my time. So the time investment that i put into the game is way less than it used to be. I now spend on average 1-2 hours a day gaming, maybe 3-4 days a week. The investment isnt worth the reward anymore. If there had never been the previously inflated reward, then it wouldnt be missed like it is now.

    So you can look at it a few ways. They drew a line in the sand and said, no one gains this crazy amount of rps anymore. Maybe that will work. At the same time, you have to understand that everyone became accustomed to that inflation. Its similar to everyone making $100k a week and becoming rich. Then the meta changes and management thinks that all the sudden $20k a week is sufficient. Those who became rich when it happened were fortunate, but they still long for the days when they raked in the "cash". Those who either came back to the game, or are trying it out soon realize that the investment in the time will never allow them the benefit that those who were fortunate enough got to take advantage of.

    Its a good pay to excel model now though. They are bleeding what they can out of the population while it sustains. Thats why they sell the 50% rp pots on the mithril merchant now (that stacks with the other rp buffs). I'd say next would be no more speed pots except from mithril. A water breathing mithril pot. What else could we come up with ? :wink:
  • I have a family and since I have no siblings it’s my responsibility to take care of my aging mother since my dad passed away a few years ago. I have a couple hours a night I can play now and DID enjoy the bonus! It seems like a grind again is my complaint. Not so me 8v1 bullshit!!
  • Not sure why everyone is surprised they gave a massive bonus when the population was super low in hopes of slowing the bleeding than when EC came out they removed it in hopes of selling more realm point pots.

    Is it a bad move? Yes, they devalued realm points and promoted an unrealistic expectation for the general player base.

    At the end of the day, they are a business and need to make money in order to pay for servers, bandwidth, employees, electricity, health care, 401k plan(if they match), insurance, taxes, and the list goes on and goes.


  • I wasn’t asking to reinstate the full RP amount for dailies, maybe 5k reward. When you only get 1-2 hours a night to play, what we have atm kinda sucks. I wasn’t finishing the pre EC dailies every night before, just don’t have the time to play like I once did.
  • Sleepwell wrote: »
    You could look at it like that. Most people that i run with are the older generation that grew up playing the game. Life got more complicated. Longer work hours. Family does and should consume the majority of my time. So the time investment that i put into the game is way less than it used to be. I now spend on average 1-2 hours a day gaming, maybe 3-4 days a week. The investment isnt worth the reward anymore. If there had never been the previously inflated reward, then it wouldnt be missed like it is now.
    :
    I understand that, but your argument is not quite working, because everyone gets the same rps. If rps are low, everyone gets low rps. If rps are high, everyone gets high. So where is the problem?
    Sleepwell wrote: »
    So you can look at it a few ways. They drew a line in the sand and said, no one gains this crazy amount of rps anymore. Maybe that will work. At the same time, you have to understand that everyone became accustomed to that inflation. Its similar to everyone making $100k a week and becoming rich. Then the meta changes and management thinks that all the sudden $20k a week is sufficient. Those who became rich when it happened were fortunate, but they still long for the days when they raked in the "cash". Those who either came back to the game, or are trying it out soon realize that the investment in the time will never allow them the benefit that those who were fortunate enough got to take advantage of.

    Its always bad when rps are reduced suddenly, i agree. Maybe they should have given a reason for that.

    I just came from another server, and im confident with the rps atm.
  • edited November 22 PM
    Yup for sure was a very slippery slope. The inflated daily rps where a bit over the top (very very easy to make your 75K). This inflated all of the "Vet" active players rps prior to the EC patch.
    Now enter the new EC accts which are earning literally a fraction of the current realm points, which is significantly lower then pre-patch, due to the daily quest changes.

    Most of us are in the same boat, only able to play a 1-2 hours after the work day and then some free time on the weekends. I'm hoping there is a compromise about the daily quest rps rewarded, but guess we will find out.

    GL

    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • Keltorius wrote: »
    I wasn’t asking to reinstate the full RP amount for dailies, maybe 5k reward. When you only get 1-2 hours a night to play, what we have atm kinda sucks. I wasn’t finishing the pre EC dailies every night before, just don’t have the time to play like I once did.

    Yeah, I hear ya man I don't either but I think the rps rates now are a bit more healthy. Hopefully, it will bring some value back to realm points.

  • you should just check out the lab and poc---follow the deathspam lol
  • What's the big deal about realm points? Would everyone stop playing when they got RR14? Make rps redeemable for free a free sub and then they would be worth the fuss.
  • The problem was the years of stupid high rps.
    I remember getting RR5 from zero in a single day. That's just dumb. (daily quest, reset, another daily quest).
    Now everyone's rr8473629 and EC's (and new subs) are expected to play for weeks to even get purge 3, no thanks.

    Let me know when the new server comes out (I'm kinda thinking this is the reason rps we're nerfed, get subs for new server) so I can play with people only 6 RR's above me.
  • I have to stay up until ustz (2 am for me) if I want a chance at 100k day. The rest of my playtime is either too sparsely populated or dominated by Herorius (AFK 3 hours) to make meaningful gains.

    The level of return against the time played is now out of proportion and I'm not getting the sense of character progression.

    Somewhat related, why should I bother to defend Glenlock with 24-30 dudes against 6o? I didn't like the population bonus when it was active because it facilitated unsociable gameplay. But now in its absence, I'm getting the "why bother" feeling
  • so 100k day is normal or even the minimum to accept?
    Thats really highly inflated.
  • When I played a decade ago, 100k was always the target. I don't think it's an inflated expectation if you put 3-4 hours in with a well formed group.
  • A decade ago there were multiple servers still with higher population than what we have with the ywain environment.

    100k may sound inflated. If population supported action, then the inflation wouldnt be a concern.
  • Played in a 3 man this morning , 2:30 of play 82 000 rps without buganne pot , i love the come back of the rvr task .
  • KatKat
    edited November 23 PM
    Easy for me to say, since most of my toons are high level...but I kind of like rp rate (even though I am working on lowbie toons), they needed a correction. The inflation over the last couple of years was insane.
    Post edited by Kat on
  • @Kat the main issue I see on my side (99% time spent 8 man) is that the new quest format is 100% catered towards zergs. Yes, they got off the island which is pretty incredible and fun.

    However, a 2 hr session now nets approx 40-60k rps, compared to 100-150 before patch.

    There isn't enough pop to sustain **** RPs. The removal of some tasks and of the bugganr was great.

    However, it feels like the only way tonget decent ROs (paying my sub) is to buy RP bonus potions on the MTX which just feels like I'm getting screwed over by John and co
  • Does it matter? I would think that if you had a fun time running with some friends it wouldn't matter if you made 10k or 100k. If your sole purpose in playing is for stats then you may be playing for the wrong reason. I measure the worth of a game by the enjoyment, not stats or RPs gained.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • I get what you are saying, but the nerf to RPs really makes rolling new characters discouraging, which is 50% of the fun. Sticking to one character day in day out I'd rather blow my brains
  • The Buggane buff still allows for low RR characters to catch up (so long as you're subbed). Maybe they should add 5K RPs to the Roaming with Friends daily but no higher. The 20K RPs before for each quest was ridiculous and I'm glad they toned it down along with removal of the Buggane Daily. I like that missions made a return but the Guild missions are pointless at the moment.
  • Kat wrote: »
    The inflation over the last couple of years was insane.

    I can think of something even more insane.
  • Before the changes, you could fall out of bed and you get 100K a night. Before I stopped playing, if you hit all the quests, you would get more RPs from the quests than actually killing anything. It is refreshing to get back to the norm and to stop giving out RPs like it was candy. Earn your RPs and stop bitching about getting RPs for free. And people were complaining about free RPs from PvE'ing doppelgangers back in the day. LOL.
  • Kat wrote: »
    Easy for me to say, since most of my toons are high level...but I kind of like rp rate (even though I am working on lowbie toons), they needed a correction. The inflation over the last couple of years was insane.

    Easy to say when all of the "Vet" accounts made it to rr11+ with easy 75-100K rps for the minimal effort. Now post patch one can play for 2-4 hrs even with multiple sieges vs. Hero zerg and the ROI (return on investment) is very very low for the RPS earned.

    I honestly feel bad for the EC accounts who are earning a fraction of what the current RPS are now, when the current RPS are pretty abysmal. I understand the intent and "progression", but honestly for a paying sub it's a step backwards which isn't acceptable in 2020.

    GL
  • I am talking about the veteran accounts. 150k for a 2 hour run is crazy. But, I agree that EC seems a bit harsh.
  • Kat, try to imagine being a returning player from 2005... who for whatever reason decided to give this ghost one more shot.

    What incentive is there? Nostalgia wears off fairly quick. You yourself admitted that you've gotten your realm rank. Im no spring chicken on my hunter either.... but why would i roll a new character or try to level anything new when theyve made it clear that they realized 7 years too late that the rps were out of control.
  • Sleepwell wrote: »
    Kat, try to imagine being a returning player from 2005... who for whatever reason decided to give this ghost one more shot.

    What incentive is there? Nostalgia wears off fairly quick. You yourself admitted that you've gotten your realm rank. Im no spring chicken on my hunter either.... but why would i roll a new character or try to level anything new when theyve made it clear that they realized 7 years too late that the rps were out of control.

    Not really my fight. But, to be devils advocate...how would someone returning from 2005 even know the rps have been reduced? It the last few years that the rp level has been out of control. And, I am currently leveling lowbies...so it does affect me. If I was a returning player, and wanted to play f2p on an older character, I would be more annoyed at the RA cap.
  • KatKat
    edited November 24 PM
    oops double post
    Post edited by Kat on
  • KatKat
    edited November 24 PM
    wtf
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Shrug... i guess tolerate it then.

    Its the big changes that they make.
  • EC player: Hero Hib BG US Primetime 7500 rps
  • I think sakibombs rr1 to rr13l6 over those 2 years. That is insane
  • I recall the banshee on hib who went rr1 to rr11 in 17 days during ghost keep several years ago.

    No worries on that now. Average 20-30k a night, play 3-4 nights a week.. rr11 will come in about 3 years.
  • In my eyes it does not matter a lot if previous rates were insane, unjustified or anything else.

    As a matter of fact they were established gameplay. And as someone said before, the current situation is a step back. For some it is a large step back. That is what is hard to accept and it leaves people unsatisfied

    By the way in other words you might also say „if you want a chance at your previous RP rates as a subscribed player, hit the MTX store for that extra buff“ ...
  • Mctana wrote: »
    I have to stay up until ustz (2 am for me) if I want a chance at 100k day. The rest of my playtime is either too sparsely populated or dominated by Herorius (AFK 3 hours) to make meaningful gains.

    The level of return against the time played is now out of proportion and I'm not getting the sense of character progression.

    Somewhat related, why should I bother to defend Glenlock with 24-30 dudes against 6o? I didn't like the population bonus when it was active because it facilitated unsociable gameplay. But now in its absence, I'm getting the "why bother" feeling

    least its only 3 hours a day currently :) it could be 5 hours a day :wink: enjoy it whilst it lasts, thats the advantage of those players that can play 24/7 a day - its not so forgiving for the rest of us that can only play 1-2 hours a day.

    i do like the current rp rate thou. no longer questing to rr12 you actually need to rvr if you want rps.
  • @tald the thing is that RPs are still very good for zergers.

    Ran 1h45 minutes around the island, got a couple 8v8, most were jammed by the mid zerg. Made 56k RPs in a little under 2 hrs.

    Went to Nged defense, made 72k RPs in 10 minutes.

    W T F

    RPs are still insane for the zergers, they just made RPs for the roaming groups a big pile of **** in the process, which is extremely frustrating.

    Basically you are rewarded big time for sticking a keep wall and spamming spreadheal
  • edited November 24 PM
    I guess I have the same observation. I made 375k yesterday over 7 hours. But 250k of that came between like midnight and 3 am with catapults up defending keeps against zergs. A 40k bonus defending Fens was as much as I made the first 2 hours losing 8v7 vs Gig pug on EV over and over .

    I'm OK with DAOC being realm oriented and favour massive sized battles. That's fine. What I think is lacking, though, is any sort of balance of reward. As you pointed out, the top 20 RPs were essentially people stuck to Hero all night.

    I'm glad they had fun and enjoyment, and I don't wish them ill will. I'm not a miserable old **** like many of you here. But it just highlights the derth of opportunity for those on the losing side of the numbers game or wishing to avoid zerg warfare entirely.

    I'm growing more sympathetic to those playing off hours as well. I don't sanction a return of missions, but it's inescapable that the 75k per day for Lower population people allowed them to make appreciable progress despite the desolatory nature of action.

    Some type of overall population Reward bonus might be worth considering to offset either a realm being outnumbered or the absolute population being ****.
    Post edited by Mctana on
  • Realm points are skewed to zerging because defense / capture RPs are still high. RPs per kill may need to be adjusted to compensate but there needs to be an incentive for keep fights. Otherwise, the zergs will just roam and kill all the action.
  • Shoke wrote: »
    @tald the thing is that RPs are still very good for zergers.

    Ran 1h45 minutes around the island, got a couple 8v8, most were jammed by the mid zerg. Made 56k RPs in a little under 2 hrs.

    Went to Nged defense, made 72k RPs in 10 minutes.

    W T F

    RPs are still insane for the zergers, they just made RPs for the roaming groups a big pile of **** in the process, which is extremely frustrating.

    Basically you are rewarded big time for sticking a keep wall and spamming spreadheal

    thought u didnt get rps for spreadheal :)
  • edited November 24 PM
    Tyrantanic wrote: »
    Realm points are skewed to zerging because defense / capture RPs are still high. RPs per kill may need to be adjusted to compensate but there needs to be an incentive for keep fights. Otherwise, the zergs will just roam and kill all the action.

    I always thought the incentive for zergs was to actually get some RPs vs nothing... AKA those who need mindless game-play with the zerg are supposed to get AVERAGE RPs vs those who 8man and can kill other 8mans in fair fights will get the most reward. And lastly people who solo take the greatest risk of either making less than zerg, or more than 8man, because they take the greatest risk vs. reward ...allegedly

    Post edited by Armagedden on
  • Sometimes zerg is mindless, but sometimes it isnt. Can be fun to fight 40vs40 in open field, or in keep fight situation. Why is 8man soooo much better? If this game was only about 8v8, they would have made an arena, where 2 8mans fight each other. But we have a big map, with keeps and towers. So game is about RvR and also keep fights. So it is about 7v8, 2v2, 1v2, 8v10, 40v30, ......... whatever you like, you can choose. But just saying zerg is always mindless, is a bit stupid. If you dont like it, just do sth else...np
  • @Kroko zerg can be fun, it's a relaxed play style, chat with friends while having a great time, doesn't require that you have a group of friends to be successful.

    But it is 100% mindless. Spam that ae spell you have on that bar and panic when you are caught not paying attention alone from your buddies.

    I don't mind that zerges make good RPs, what I mind is that zerging, with the current format of RP rewards, is the best way to make RPs, and by a huge margin.
Sign In or Register to comment.