Hunter question ( returning player )

Just got back to the game and its fun.I play hunter mostly but i kind of feel a little gimped as a sniper i am currently r6l7 i use to play bow/pet 2 years ago and it was pretty nice.I was wondering if this build is still competitive? if so how should i spec and what Ra´s should i put?
my specc atm is 50 bow / 39 spear / 35 stealth / 26 BS
ra´s MOS 9 / purge 2 / IP 2 / falcon eye 2 / Lw
  1. Best hunter spec?17 votes
    1. Sniper
        5.88%
    2. Bow/melee
      64.71%
    3. Bow/pet
      29.41%

Comments

• still looking for that hunter build someone?
  • edited November 2019 PM
    You can go on the site https://www.daocutils.com/

Site has some pretty current templates
    Post edited by Sepphiroth75 on
  • i need a build i have a good temp
    can u help me with skills + ra?
  • Diaz wrote: »
    i need a build i have a good temp
    can u help me with skills + ra?

Unfortunately we got nerfed to death. If you can land backstun I would just keep the spec you have. Snipe spec is dead in DAoC for a number of reasons. Pet is also not going to be great, especially against Rangers who have an RR5 that laughs at our points wasted on BC.

The best thing that could happen is getting our old Hunter RR5 back. It's not impossible, a lot of changes seem to be getting reverted. Maybe they will wake up and change that as well. We can hope.
  • i thought it was interessting when i did /who hunter and it was 80 players online but i was the only hunter lol
  • I thought Openbook ran a hunter/stealth zerg on Mid. Is he gone or are they just /anon?
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Ask some of the guy in Legendary Angels. Also @Sleepwell might be able to drop some knowledge about the Hunter for you if you send him a DM.

My hunter alt is the classic spec. High bow, spear anytime style and the blue Hunter pet and as long as you pick your targets I've never had problems.
  • KoeKoe
    edited November 2019 PM
    Dreamscape wrote: »
    I thought Openbook ran a hunter/stealth zerg on Mid. Is he gone or are they just /anon?

A lot of stealths go anon. Otherwise its possible to guess where they are at. Usually there are 5-6 in a group on EV and Buffster sitting in Uppland. They were going to look at changing that with the /who for count purposes but my guess is its a back burner issue (nice but not game changing).
    Post edited by Koe on
  • Hunter is pretty dam strong in melee with the 2 handers versus my ranger. Go 45-50 bow and spend rest of points in melee/composite 50 stealth
    Hunter is pretty dam strong in melee with the 2 handers versus my ranger. Go 45-50 bow and spend rest of points in melee/composite 50 stealth

what Ra´s should i put in?
    im rr6l7
    Post edited by Diaz on
    Diaz wrote: »
    im rr6l7
    Purge 3, IP 3, MoS5, FE 5, Aug Dex 4, rest in AoM...or maybe even P2 IP3 so they're on same 15 minute reuse timer.
    Or AoM5 with lower FE, depending on playstyle.
    Post edited by Buffsteria on
  • Buffsteria wrote: »
    Diaz wrote: »
    im rr6l7
    Purge 3, IP 3, MoS5, FE 5, Aug Dex 4, rest in AoM...or maybe even P2 IP3 so they're on same 15 minute reuse timer.
    Or AoM5 with lower FE, depending on playstyle.

Gotta take mos higher, at least 7 or the rangers will eat you alive. The rangers I know are all running 7 or 9, they will see you first and force you into melee or you run. Spec for bow/melee, just enough beast to get a grey pet. When forced into melee I like the rr5, i have really shredded assassins with it, make sure you run celerity, there is no pure sniper anymore, you will have to melee.
  • Badnagen wrote: »
    there is no pure sniper anymore, you will have to melee.

Which is why I quit.
  • Idk why Buff, melee Hunters do pretty good damage with or without curse set. As a Luri Ranger it’s a good thing I evade a lot. lol
  • Buffsteria wrote: »
    Badnagen wrote: »
    there is no pure sniper anymore, you will have to melee.

Which is why I quit.

Buff you need to overcome and adapt like the rest of us who play the sneak classes. By quitting it is telling BS your upset but like John broadsword said give them helpful feed back not just I want the old rr5 back. The new RR5 is pretty badass I have had my butt handed to me when they go wolf .

• anyone have a template for a hunter? i dunno how to make one
  • Ya im fixing to work on my hunter for rvr its time i take out thoses stealth legion guys 1v guild XD forgottopickaname is on the case