Question(s) about some of the changes coming

So I was reading the patch notes and I saw that not only were they removing RP's from the tasks but you were also getting rid of the Lone Wolf buff and possibly getting rid of the Buggane buff. I wasn't for sure about that last part because part of what I read makes it sound like they are just getting rid of the task for Buggane kills, but then it also comes off as if maybe bugganes is also removed.

Can I get clarification if the Bugganes buff will be removed AND can I also get some feedback on the reasoning for removing both the rp's from tasks as well as the lone wolf buff? I did see something about adding 25% bonus to rp's for all veteran accounts. Was this to compensate for that loss in rp's from other things?

I know a lot of people have complained at how "easy" it is to gain rp's now, but I always thought it was a great thing that a new player could fly up in RR's quickly. This game is 18+ years old and there are players that have been here this whole time. I know for myself, I was iffy on coming back to live 2-3 years ago because I thought there was no way I would be able to compete with all of the high RR players. It turned out that I didn't need to worry about it because I was a decently high RR in a matter of about 6 months because of all the nice bonuses. Not to mention that those bonuses tended to taper off once you started getting a decent RR. It was a good system in my opinion. Now returning players that are starting from scratch are going to have a much harder time catching up. I could see this being an issue.

Comments

  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    I thought there was no way I would be able to compete with all of the high RR players. It turned out that I didn't need to worry about it because I was a decently high RR in a matter of about 6 months because of all the nice bonuses. Not to mention that those bonuses tended to taper off once you started getting a decent RR. It was a good system in my opinion.
    :) agree.
  • It’s time to significantly slow down the RPS earned via the daily quests. It’s a double edge sword that has been hurting the game for awhile tbh.
    This lesson has been learned the hard way with the four month long Ghost Keep campaign that boosted Hero.
    New and/or returning players won’t know any difference since they are new and/or returning.
    There stil is constant leeching/adding all in the name of “daily questing”.

    To give you an example of how over the top it’s been recently. On my Mid Mauler that I’ve played pretty much daily for the past 2-3 months went from rr0 to pushing rr10.

    The daily bps will foster 100% free gear, and items for returning and new players templates.

    GL
  • i think the whole point is that new players that want to compete will need to sub. if i look at how long ago i made my savage and the fact that i'm now the highest rr savage ever in the game ... lol, what went wrong with the game ? will this be a good experience for new players on unpayed accounts ? i don't think so. they will be food for the 'gods'.
    Vicomtessa Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • edited November 6 PM
    Some questions I am unsure of, but since Buggane buff will still exist for subs as a form of monthly pots, getting early RP be fairly good still since it's a huge boost low rr. Getting 1mill LWRP recently or close to that is fairly frequent (30 ish toon/week, many prob play more then 1 toon) Even if we remove let's say 7 days of 2 quests (280k RP) It's still over 700k on a nice week which is rr5lx in a week. Not to mention some pushing close to 2 mill RP some week.

    RP still going to be highly inflated even without the quests, and don't punish someone if they wan't to play 14 Hours on one day a week versus someone playing 2 hours daily.

    Somewhere around rr7ish toons already at a really good place to stand chance against most high RRs, but it's not a huge difference after getting crucial RAs around rr6-7.

    For most classes RR5 makes the biggest impact with the free bonus + well lvl 51 bonuses on gear, catch up mechanic to rr5 should be fairly strong (512krp), but anythings over rr10 is kind of a title. Always advice new players, and those who skipped 10ish years to sidecart a zerg till then if afraid going out big boy RvR without decent RR, they will get there pretty fast.

    Not to mention Broadsword said to watch RP gains across RRs, but while everyone being positive action will improve with EC, everyone forgets if it really will, more action will always result more RP/kill.

    Also, very humble @Muylae :D

    Edit: In short, let's see how will it go, average rp might even increase even if slight chance, and complain afterwards. All I care is decent action. A fun night will always keep more interest in players then 10-20% rp gain difference while roaming for an hour without finding anything.
    Post edited by Gavner on
  • edited November 6 PM
    Just a couple quick things in regards to the comments that were posted...

    So the Buggane buff will now be a potion that veteran accounts will receive every month? I see that we get a whopping 20 charge buff to replace a buff that we could use as many times as we wanted. That doesn't make any sense. What if I crash? Do I then have to waste another of my 20 charges? What if I have to log or go afk for awhile? Again, now I end up wasting one of my 20 charges for the entire month? I also understand that there would be a 25% bonus to all rp's for veteran accounts (sub's). That just seems really stupid and extra work for nothing, but whatever you can do to make people sub, am I right? Sorry, but sounds like just a cash grab that actually screws veteran/sub accounts. Why not just keep buggane in and say that only veteran/sub accounts can obtain the buff? Why not just make it so if you are a veteran/sub account you automatically get the buggane buff when you log in. No limit, no potion, no buggane to click on and get. You just log in and get the buff. Done. Seems like a much easier way to obtain the same result, but BS doesn't seem to want simple. They want to remake the whole game.

    As far as what @fateboi and @gavner states, I agree that RP's was becoming a bit too easy to obtain and I have zero issue with them making some adjustments to bring it a bit more in line with what it should be. However, in typical BS fashion, they are instead making multiple big changes rather than small changes. We have seen how this worked in the past. I was fine if they wanted to get rid of the lone wolf buff. That bothers me none at all. I'm even fine if they wanted to get rid of the bugganes buff OR getting rid of the tasks. What does BS do? They do all 3. Why not do one, see how it goes, and then do the others if they don't get the results they want. Instead they go with the typical BS heavy handed approach and mark my words, some form of those things will likely be put back in game although toned down. When will they learn to do small changes in increments instead of doing major changes that then need to be undone.

    I'm sorry, but I've resubbed for a whole 3 days and see all of these MAJOR changes coming not only to the game, but also to classes. Does BS not understand that players have been saying one major thing over and over again. SMALL CHANGES!! Quit trying to remake the entire game over night. If they want to lower the rp's than do so with minor tweaks, not major changes that will then have to be revamped again.

    Honestly, I'm already regretting re-subbing and this is coming from a guy who almost always defends BS's actions on both these forums and on Postcount. They just can't seem to listen to the most simple things that almost every person is asking for. SMALL CHANGES!! It's like the whole Curse fiasco all over again. "We are going to make it so you can't stack albalatives like you could. It made fights last to long." 2 months later "We are putting in new Cursed gear that gives heal procs to everyone, increase the hp cap by 200, and giving people varying special effects for their set gears in which some classes have op'd abilities and others get nothing!" 3 months later, "Oh, we might have overdone some of those things so now we are going to tone down the heal procs." 2 months later, "Oh, it's still an issue to lets tone down those heal procs some more and maybe nerf some of the set bonuses..." Meanwhile we as the players just have to keep adjusting, retemplating, and wasting time because they keep wanting to change major things with major changes so they can then fix those major changes that they never should have put in to begin with...

    UGH.....
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • Just a quick reply, they upped Bugg pot to 35 charges, and it is per character but not tradeable. Sometimes it will be more reliable then getting to Bug in zergy times when you die 4 times before you make it to get it.

    Watching discord reactions it's not easy to balance, EC players complain they don't get enough free stuff compared to subs, but on other changes subs complain they don't get much for their money. There always be complain, especially around RP. This game needs action, and healthy community, watch how little ppl would care for RP being slower or faster.
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    Just a couple quick things in regards to the comments that were posted...
    So the Buggane buff will now be a potion that veteran accounts will receive every month? I see that we get a whopping 20 charge buff to replace a buff that we could use as many times as we wanted. That doesn't make any sense. What if I crash? Do I then have to waste another of my 20 charges? What if I have to log or go afk for awhile? Again, now I end up wasting one of my 20 charges for the entire month? I also understand that there would be a 25% bonus to all rp's for veteran accounts (sub's). That just seems really stupid and extra work for nothing, but whatever you can do to make people sub, am I right? Sorry, but sounds like just a cash grab that actually screws veteran/sub accounts. Why not just keep buggane in and say that only veteran/sub accounts can obtain the buff? Why not just make it so if you are a veteran/sub account you automatically get the buggane buff when you log in. No limit, no potion, no buggane to click on and get. You just log in and get the buff. Done. Seems like a much easier way to obtain the same result, but BS doesn't seem to want simple. They want to remake the whole game.

    While I don't disagree with your distaste with Broadsword's approach to DAoC, I will point out that they increased the number of charges to 35 in the most recent Pendragon patch and every level 50 character on a subbed account will receive the Buggane potion for free each month. What I don't know is if you can hold multiple Buggane potions (storing them from month to month) or if it will function like the Lone Wolf token where you could only hold one at a time and replace it when the charges ran out.

    My suggestion is to at least read the patch notes in their entirety and provide feedback accordingly. They appear to be listening to some of the feedback in response to the upcoming patch. However, like in good Broadsword fashion, refuse to explain some of the random changes they are implementing (i.e. power heal nerf, SM spec DD addition, new PBAOE spells, etc).

    The only thing I'm remotely excited for is the alternate currency revamp to bounty points and making DF more attractive for players to spend time in. I sure do hope they expand on this into Labyrinth and/or PoC. Maybe add Alch drops to all classic and SI zones too.
  • edited November 6 PM
    Gavner wrote: »
    Just a quick reply, they upped Bugg pot to 35 charges, and it is per character but not tradeable. Sometimes it will be more reliable then getting to Bug in zergy times when you die 4 times before you make it to get it.

    Watching discord reactions it's not easy to balance, EC players complain they don't get enough free stuff compared to subs, but on other changes subs complain they don't get much for their money. There always be complain, especially around RP. This game needs action, and healthy community, watch how little ppl would care for RP being slower or faster.

    I get it Gavner. I really do. I always say how hard BS's job is to balance what people want. Every person that plays this game has very extreme differences in what should or shouldn't be done on this game. I really truly do understand that. However, they are making extreme changes to basic things in this game. They could have kept this whole EC thing pretty simple. Instead they are making simple things more complex. They should have left it so very little, if anything, would change for sub/veteran accounts. Instead they are changing major aspects that have been in the game for awhile now. Why the buggane changes? They didn't get rid of it. Sub players still have it. But now we have X amount of charges on a pot that we get once a month? Sure, it can be easier to get it compared to having to compete with the zerg, but why change it? They literally could have just said, "Sub players get bug's buff. Non sub players don't." Done. Problem solved. No new potion to worry about, and no sub player would get upset for getting bug's for free.

    Again, I have no problem with SMALL CHANGES. Tweaks if you will. It's the major changes that frustrate me. I don't think BS will ever learn their lesson. When my 3 months GTC is done I'm out forever. So sick of this. An 18+ year old game should not be having so many major changes done. Between OW, Curse, buggane changes, adding in solo areas, then tweaking those areas, then taking away things.... I'm done. Just re-upped and will already be done in 3 months.

    Anyone interested in purchasing an accounts let me know. It has 3 months of game time left on it, has an 11L7 ranger, 2.350 mithril in platinum spread across all 3 realms, with several other toons that have good to moderate templates. If interested hit me up with a PM.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • Tyrantanic wrote: »
    While I don't disagree with your distaste with Broadsword's approach to DAoC, I will point out that they increased the number of charges to 35 in the most recent Pendragon patch and every level 50 character on a subbed account will receive the Buggane potion for free each month. What I don't know is if you can hold multiple Buggane potions (storing them from month to month) or if it will function like the Lone Wolf token where you could only hold one at a time and replace it when the charges ran out.

    My suggestion is to at least read the patch notes in their entirety and provide feedback accordingly. They appear to be listening to some of the feedback in response to the upcoming patch. However, like in good Broadsword fashion, refuse to explain some of the random changes they are implementing (i.e. power heal nerf, SM spec DD addition, new PBAOE spells, etc).

    The only thing I'm remotely excited for is the alternate currency revamp to bounty points and making DF more attractive for players to spend time in. I sure do hope they expand on this into Labyrinth and/or PoC. Maybe add Alch drops to all classic and SI zones too.

    They can't get out of their own way on this stuff. It's simple guys. Sub/Veterans account didn't need any major changes to them. They are doing too much and they will never learn that nobody wanted this game to be remade. I was patient, I have came back twice now, both times thinking that I wouldn't have to see giant major changes to an 18+ year old game. And again, I have ALWAYS been a BS defender. No more. I have better things to do with my time until CU comes out.

  • edited November 6 PM
    Buggane change with current standings kind of a small change, you drink a pot instead of trying to take something that notes all the enemies around you did so. It's especially good for low rr players, who likely, and rightfully would try to avoid the middle of EV if not in zerg/8man.

    People do tend to rage over smallest changes, not just big ones, since many play this game in different ways, you won't cater to all, even small changes can ruin some peoples playstyle. I would like to see alot of changes myself, but generally care about changes that bring in the most players, which for me looks like:
    - Options for more RvR oriented players to get gear (fairly good shape)
    - Options for people to engage in PvE activity too for gear not just BPs (kind of limited compared to what PvE zones offer, but we see)
    - Enough RP for lower RRs to catch up, but not so it all loses it's meaning, currently RR kind of lost it's meaning, which is hardly reversible.
    - Action/fun >>> RP. People start caring for RP when action is just not there, or not enjoyable, because they are not entertained, and look for something to even keep on going.

    Edit: Player feedback is important, but be reasonable, and calm. At the end of the day BS will make the decision who they want to listen to, because every change will generate positive, and negative feedback either.
    Post edited by Gavner on
  • @RonELuvv bruh, I get your frustration but this game has always done what they feel is best, some suggestions they take some they don't. Does any of these changes effect your class personally and if it did, could you not manage it as well as you did prior to patch? I think you would do just fine on it, in-fact you may even be better at it.

    To just blow it all up and sell over a F2P patch with small class changes just sounds a lil bit of overreacting.

    Im really trying to find out what your complaint is specifically about, an why on earth would you quit over this “population” patch?

    The whole doing to much now for you to play, or just in the past they did to much and had to revert some changes?
  • Gavner wrote: »
    Buggane change with current standings kind of a small change, you drink a pot instead of trying to take something that notes all the enemies around you did so. It's especially good for low rr players, who likely, and rightfully would try to avoid the middle of EV if not in zerg/8man.

    People do tend to rage over smallest changes, not just big ones, since many play this game in different ways, you won't cater to all, even small changes can ruin some peoples playstyle. I would like to see alot of changes myself, but generally care about changes that bring in the most players, which for me looks like:
    - Options for more RvR oriented players to get gear (fairly good shape)
    - Options for people to engage in PvE activity too for gear not just BPs (kind of limited compared to what PvE zones offer, but we see)
    - Enough RP for lower RRs to catch up, but not so it all loses it's meaning, currently RR kind of lost it's meaning, which is hardly reversible.
    - Action/fun >>> RP. People start caring for RP when action is just not there, or not enjoyable, because they are not entertained, and look for something to even keep on going.

    Edit: Player feedback is important, but be reasonable, and calm. At the end of the day BS will make the decision who they want to listen to, because every change will generate positive, and negative feedback either.

    I gotcha Gavner. I just don't want to deal with it. It's an 18+ year old game. I came back 3 years ago and one of the biggest reason that me and @Sleepwell came back was because it would not have any major changes. Boy were we wrong. Even after going through all the crazy major changes they did when we came back (along with multiple re-templates after every major change) I was still patient. I'm just not anymore. Maybe one day BS will learn that we don't need major changes to an 18+ year old game. I thought EC (F2P) was a great idea, but they just simply couldn't put in a form of F2P while leaving vet/sub accounts alone. Instead they needed to remake the game AGAIN. I don't have the patience for it.

    Don't worry, I won't be one of those people on Postcount trashing on the game. I just will be done. If I don't sell the account then I will just let it lapse when the current sub is up and be done.
  • edited November 6 PM
    Snaillyn wrote: »
    @RonELuvv bruh, I get your frustration but this game has always done what they feel is best, some suggestions they take some they don't. Does any of these changes effect your class personally and if it did, could you not manage it as well as you did prior to patch? I think you would do just fine on it, in-fact you may even be better at it.

    To just blow it all up and sell over a F2P patch with small class changes just sounds a lil bit of overreacting.

    Im really trying to find out what your complaint is specifically about, an why on earth would you quit over this “population” patch?

    The whole doing to much now for you to play, or just in the past they did to much and had to revert some changes?

    Thats just it Snail. It's not even that much of this personally effects me. It's their mentality. They will never learn the KISS method. KEEP. IT. SIMPLE. STUPID. Instead it's always about making huge sweeping changes. I'm tired of dealing with it. It's their game and I wish them the best. I just don't have the patience for it anymore. Again, they take what could be simple easy changes, and try and make it complex. They will continue to do this. They won't change. So I'm just going to heed my own advice and if I don't like what they are doing then I will move along.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • There has to be some changes, its inevitable any game that came out and didn’t patch or update would be like stuck playing D2 from 2000-2019 you think in 19 years if diablo did not change anyone would still be playing it? If your looking for a year of daoc that was good or you enjoyed, that time has past. Game still the same, you just have to relearn new class abilities and adjust accordingly. But i get it, its not the same and could turn some people like yourself off to it.
  • Snaillyn wrote: »
    There has to be some changes, its inevitable any game that came out and didn’t patch or update would be like stuck playing D2 from 2000-2019 you think in 19 years if diablo did not change anyone would still be playing it? If your looking for a year of daoc that was good or you enjoyed, that time has past. Game still the same, you just have to relearn new class abilities and adjust accordingly. But i get it, its not the same and could turn some people like yourself off to it.

    Oh I get that buddy. I do. I have no issues with changes, but it's the major sweeping changes I don't get. Again, I use the Curse example. They start with a major change to stacking albalatives that made sense. Fights were lasting to long. They then follow that up with adding 200 hp to the cap, adding major procs/charges and set bonuses. They then realize what we tried telling them and adjust. Each and every time its more work and time for us as players to adjust. Same things is happening here. They come in with a great idea of starting down the road of F2P, but then they add in major class changes, currency updates, changes to bugganes, removal of kill tasks, adding in things that didn't exist, taking away things that used to exist.... I just don't have the patience to go down this road anymore.
  • edited November 6 PM
    I actually agree with you. I'm bummed that they are removing the rp rewards and removing the tower quests on the island. I enjoyed a fast style of play...not roaming around for hours doing siege (I personally think siege is very boring). I also HATE taking long runs and boats to get back to fights ...I want to port somewhere and instantly be back into the middle of it. My play time is severely limited so spending a bunch of time rebuffing and traveling to a locations is super annoying. I'm guessing that with the tower quests being gone and no more bugg...the island will be dead. Maybe the repeatable quests will bring some action out but I tend to think those are more geared toward solos.... I'd hate to see groups roaming looking for solo questers on the regular.
    Post edited by Mace80 on
  • Gavner wrote: »

    Also, very humble @Muylae :D

    less than 3 years after making the char, to become the highest rr in class ... i played my wizard from start for +-6 years, without really playing any other characters to become ... rr 11L7 on the wiz and that was the highest rr wizard on that server at that time. now 3 years of playing basically 2 chars to become 13L3 and highest in class, lol, escalation in rp gains considering how much more fighting there was per hour back then.

    yes, humble, there are far better players playing savages out there, especially when it comes to the solo game. being the highest rr in class means NOTHING anymore. it just means that someone played more recently.
    Vicomtessa Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Snaillyn wrote: »
    There has to be some changes, its inevitable any game that came out and didn’t patch or update would be like stuck playing D2 from 2000-2019 you think in 19 years if diablo did not change anyone would still be playing it? If your looking for a year of daoc that was good or you enjoyed, that time has past. Game still the same, you just have to relearn new class abilities and adjust accordingly. But i get it, its not the same and could turn some people like yourself off to it.

    i think returning players want to return to the game they KNOW. apart from some small gear improvements, coupled to some new pve, most people and especially returning players would be happy to see the game hasn't changed.
    Vicomtessa Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    Snaillyn wrote: »
    There has to be some changes, its inevitable any game that came out and didn’t patch or update would be like stuck playing D2 from 2000-2019 you think in 19 years if diablo did not change anyone would still be playing it? If your looking for a year of daoc that was good or you enjoyed, that time has past. Game still the same, you just have to relearn new class abilities and adjust accordingly. But i get it, its not the same and could turn some people like yourself off to it.

    i think returning players want to return to the game they KNOW. apart from some small gear improvements, coupled to some new pve, most people and especially returning players would be happy to see the game hasn't changed.

    right now, for most returning players, the general consensus is 'wtf is this, i'm quiting'.
    Vicomtessa Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    Muylae wrote: »
    i think returning players want to return to the game they KNOW.

    right now, for most returning players, the general consensus is 'wtf is this, i'm quiting'.

    I went to africa for a few months once, came back home and was like wtf did you guys do to my country. fact was nothing changed - just me.
  • tald wrote: »
    Muylae wrote: »
    Muylae wrote: »
    i think returning players want to return to the game they KNOW.

    right now, for most returning players, the general consensus is 'wtf is this, i'm quiting'.

    I went to africa for a few months once, came back home and was like wtf did you guys do to my country. fact was nothing changed - just me.

    travelling to foreign places does change your perception of the world, true, but i don't know how this applies to the game. in my life i did well over 500000 km of travelling to 'foreign places', enough to go around the world around the equator 12 times. i've seen enough different nations and cultures and i didn't spend that time on a privileged beach in the sun... i wanted to learn and see things that were unfamiliar to me. that is not my attitude in this game.
    Vicomtessa Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Mace80 wrote: »
    I actually agree with you. I'm bummed that they are removing the rp rewards and removing the tower quests on the island. I enjoyed a fast style of play...not roaming around for hours doing siege (I personally think siege is very boring). I also HATE taking long runs and boats to get back to fights ...I want to port somewhere and instantly be back into the middle of it. My play time is severely limited so spending a bunch of time rebuffing and traveling to a locations is super annoying. I'm guessing that with the tower quests being gone and no more bugg...the island will be dead. Maybe the repeatable quests will bring some action out but I tend to think those are more geared toward solos.... I'd hate to see groups roaming looking for solo questers on the regular.

    the island will again be for the 8 mans----bs listened
  • 47el wrote: »
    Mace80 wrote: »
    I actually agree with you. I'm bummed that they are removing the rp rewards and removing the tower quests on the island. I enjoyed a fast style of play...not roaming around for hours doing siege (I personally think siege is very boring). I also HATE taking long runs and boats to get back to fights ...I want to port somewhere and instantly be back into the middle of it. My play time is severely limited so spending a bunch of time rebuffing and traveling to a locations is super annoying. I'm guessing that with the tower quests being gone and no more bugg...the island will be dead. Maybe the repeatable quests will bring some action out but I tend to think those are more geared toward solos.... I'd hate to see groups roaming looking for solo questers on the regular.

    the island will again be for the 8 mans----bs listened

    Listened to 8mans only then... no one else gives a damn what those babies want. They set the biggest double standards in the game. Heaven forbid the rest of us have a place to go and play how we'd like with quick action and less adds.... only 8mans are entitled to that I suppose.
  • edited November 7 PM
    Mace80 wrote: »
    47el wrote: »
    Mace80 wrote: »
    I actually agree with you. I'm bummed that they are removing the rp rewards and removing the tower quests on the island. I enjoyed a fast style of play...not roaming around for hours doing siege (I personally think siege is very boring). I also HATE taking long runs and boats to get back to fights ...I want to port somewhere and instantly be back into the middle of it. My play time is severely limited so spending a bunch of time rebuffing and traveling to a locations is super annoying. I'm guessing that with the tower quests being gone and no more bugg...the island will be dead. Maybe the repeatable quests will bring some action out but I tend to think those are more geared toward solos.... I'd hate to see groups roaming looking for solo questers on the regular.

    the island will again be for the 8 mans----bs listened

    Listened to 8mans only then... no one else gives a damn what those babies want. They set the biggest double standards in the game. Heaven forbid the rest of us have a place to go and play how we'd like with quick action and less adds.... only 8mans are entitled to that I suppose.

    How is action less quick? It's still the same, the reward is just less.

    People go where action is. If people still keep going to EV, then action will be there.

    Right now the rewards are so great on EV because you can get Roaming, buggane, siege quests done along with 25k BPs quest for taking towers that drop in 30 seconds in a single zone, why would anyone do anything else?
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • edited November 8 PM
    tald wrote: »

    I went to africa for a few months once, came back home and was like wtf did you guys do to my country. fact was nothing changed - just me.

    Must. Resist. Can. Of. Worms.

    I'm from Rhodesia.
    Post edited by Buffsteria on
  • edited November 8 PM
    RonELuvv wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm already regretting re-subbing and this is coming from a guy who almost always defends BS's actions on both these forums and on Postcount.

    I can confirm this. Ron and I were big cheerleaders for modern DAoC. They lost me when they removed MoS from Hunters and now it seems they're losing Ron. It's not that losing two individuals matters so much, but what we represent as sampling of our peer groups.

    At this point, there's only one change that would bring people like me and Kat back: A RR5 that was beneficial to snipers

    Or they could totally get rid of stealth so people can have fun roaming solo, but I don't see that happening. I've said it many times, I'd gladly give up my stealth if everyone else gave up theirs. But I think even BS wouldn't go that far.
    Post edited by Buffsteria on
  • Can we stay on topic and stop taking about wanting Hunter rr5 changes? @Buffsteria
    Also the Stealth changes where 3-4 yrs ago and they are reverting the majority of what was changed.
    So far all that’s left is Blur/track/pulsing stealth detection buff (group) and last but least Archer access to 100% free Remedy.
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    Can we stay on topic and stop taking about wanting Hunter rr5 changes? @Buffsteria
    Also the Stealth changes where 3-4 yrs ago and they are reverting the majority of what was changed.
    So far all that’s left is Blur/track/pulsing stealth detection buff (group) and last but least Archer access to 100% free Remedy.

    Well the changes you are talking about would bring the stealth game back to where it was when we did have the old Hunter RR5, so...might as well go the distance.
  • i like the current system

    if youre unhappy about the upcomming patch, the best thing to do is go to the contact form and submit negative feedback.
  • edited November 8 PM
    This can be closed and deleted @Carol_Broadsword . I have found a buyer. I don't want to be that person that is trashing on a game. I do love DAoC, but it's just moving in directions I personally don't agree with. This thread is already going off the rails and I don't want prospective returning players to take my personal opinion about the game to deter them from coming back. Best of luck all!
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
Sign In or Register to comment.