DAOCUtils private -> public beta

edited April 2018 in General Board
https://www.daocutils.com

Long overdue, but I wanted to point out that I am officially taking DAOCUtils out of private beta and putting into public beta.

What has changed?

- Published templates are now visible to people who are not logged in.
- There is a "paywall" if you are not a supporter[1][2]. This is beta only. I might change this, but everyone who donates $20 or more will get access moving forward (and won't have to pay if I raise the prices).
- Cursed / Otherworldly gear is now tagged.
- All Harbinger gems are in the item database.
- Many under the hood improvements.
- Enough time has passed without any major incidents.

Wasn't it already in public beta?

I called it public beta before, but it really was a private beta (i.e. I had to add you, and I didn't add everybody). Now, truly, the public has access to templates.

Why is it in beta, why aren't you just launching?

Truth is, there are still some outstanding issues, and I need to generate revenue to help supplement the cost of fixing them (your donations are greatly appreciated!).

There is much more to come[3], and I have made notes of all of the feedback (even the super negative :neutral:) I have received, and will action all of it!

Thanks, all, and hope you enjoy the tools!

[1] Paywalls suck. I get it. I was originally going to charge outright for templates, but decided on this instead. If you don't want to support the project, no worries, just deal with an annoying paywall.
[2] Supporters are anyone who donate $20 or more, once. If you have already donated to the project ($10 or more, previously) and are not marked as a supporter, please reach out to me in DM.
[3] Lots of goals: auto spellcrafter, optimizer, better discoverability of templates (i.e. sorting by utility, by uses, etc), bugfixes, statistics (how many people are using a template?), etc.
Post edited by Hopz on

Comments

• Great work !
    Daoc Moderator

Join the official Daoc Discord: >> HERE <<
    Subscribe to the Newsletter: >> HERE <<
    Join our Devs/Knights on Twitch: >> HERE <<

Your Thread was closed to early? Feel free to PM me !
  • Updated paywall to only show up every 5 minutes, so it's a little less annoying, while still (hopefully) serving a purpose.
  • Hopz wrote: »
    Updated paywall to only show up every 5 minutes, so it's a little less annoying, while still (hopefully) still being somewhat annoying.

• Sovereign wrote: »
    Hopz wrote: »
    Updated paywall to only show up every 5 minutes, so it's a little less annoying, while still (hopefully) still being somewhat annoying.

you wrote still twice